Sign in to follow this  
jersey

12th spot... not loving it at all

Got the 12th spot this year in 1/2 PPR & drafting today. Not loving it. I see an easy top 11 sadly. Hope 2 fall.

1 Johnson

2 Bell

3 Brown

4 ODB

5 Jones

6 Evans

7 Green

8 McCoy

9 Gordon

10 Freeman

11 Nelson

So its now a mix of:

12 Thomas

13 Ajayi

14 Howard

15 Murray

16 Dez (maybe)

Would like to go RB/WR to keep future options open, don't love RB/RB here at all, but would then have to reach a little for Dez.

What are other 12 slots thinking?

I'd love to be sitting there with Howard, Murray, and Ajayi on the board. The only thing not to love is that you can only take 2. Me, I'd take Howard and Ajayi.

I love michael thomas, but im an RB junkie, so probably going 2 of the following: howard, ajayi, mixon, crowell (last year of rookie contract and good o-line).

Most likely Howard then one of the other.

Remember your not taking the leftovers of the first round, you are taking who you like best of the next 24 picks. ADP be damned.

I've been doing a lot of research on the 10-11-12 spots (we do a weighted lottery this was my most likely spot, I ended up 10) and I came to the same conclusion, i didn't want 12. The top 10-11 look a lot safer. I think you will need to reach for who you really want at 12, I plan on doing that with my 2.03 pick, experts and ADP be damned. It's about getting it right not winning the post draft discussion.

Personally I think Id be ok with Murray because he's done it before, seems the safest despite Henry...if anything Henrys usage might help Murray last longer this yr. Howard I'm scared he's another Jeremy hill and ajayi I'm worried about the concussion a bit...also still not convinced he's a true RB1.

I've been doing a lot of research on the 10-11-12 spots (we do a weighted lottery this was my most likely spot, I ended up 10) and I came to the same conclusion, i didn't want 12. The top 10-11 look a lot safer. I think you will need to reach for who you really want here, I plan on doing that with my 2.03 pick, experts and ADP be damned. It's about getting it right not winning the post draft discussion.

Personally I think Id be ok with Murray because he's done it before, seems the safest despite Henry...if anything Henrys usage might help Murray last longer this yr. Howard I'm scared he's another Jeremy hill and ajayi I'm worried about the concussion a bit...also still not convinced he's a true RB1.

From the 10, which mix of positions did you find most effective? I've been mocking with the zero rb theory (full Pt ppr league) and going wr with first 4 or three then olsen/kelce seems to give me a pretty good squad.

I traded my 12th and 13th and now have picks. 23, 24, 25, 49, in addition to my own picks through the 3rd and 4th. I might regret it, but I've gone back to back the last 2 years so if this year blows I'll survive.

I was short on picks this year from a trade I made at the deadline. I didn't love anything at the back of the 1st so I went with the extra picks. I had multiple targets in this area so more picks was appealing.

I wouldn't pass up taking M Thomas I like him even over Green.

Then I would take either Gurley or Fournette

You guys are high on Michael Thomas. Let's see what happens when he gets top coverage every game.

For sure. But every teams #1 receiver in the league has to go through that transition. If he does very well, next year he is a top 6. I was smart to grab him in my auction last year for 3% of cap, and kept him as a 4 year keeper at that cost (we defined contract rules). Ive been high on this guy for a while.

For sure. But every teams #1 receiver in the league has to go through that transition. If he does very well, next year he is a top 6. I was smart to grab him in my auction last year for 3% of cap, and kept him as a 4 year keeper at that cost (we defined contract rules). Ive been high on this guy for a while.

Oh no I mean his overall talent is being overrated. He's not a bad receiver imo, just not the lethal true #1 That everyone has pegged

Oh no I mean his overall talent is being overrated. He's not a bad receiver imo, just not the lethal true #1 That everyone has pegged

Why not?

Yup...12 spot sucks this year. The good thing, I think, is that in most cases you have the first waiver pick. If you hold tight, every year there is a player that comes from nowhere to be very relevant in fantasy. Usually I find it's a RB. That being said, I haven't decided which direction I am going...

I may go Thomas/Demarco and then load up on WR's and getting back to RB's later and hoping I can find one in waivers after the season starts. I've also considered going Thomas/Dez/Cooper/TY or a reach for somebody like Pryor or Baldwin all of which could possibly give you two top 10 WR's OR WR/Gronk OR even WR/Rogers (a reach for qb but he's guaranteed PTS every week) but yeah, I'm not loving the spot...

I will say that previous to my trade back, I was going to go Gronk/Cooks and try to stack with Brady in the 3rd. I'm not really a proponent of Zero RB or stacks, but I can make a good case for it this year with everyone pushing hard to chase last year's RB glory.

I also think the Pats have a chance to go off this year... in a historical way.

From the 10, which mix of positions did you find most effective? I've been mocking with the zero rb theory (full Pt ppr league) and going wr with first 4 or three then olsen/kelce seems to give me a pretty good squad.

If Gordon doesn't fall to me I plan on going wr wr as I doubt i will like the rbs that are available at 2.03. I'm in a .5 ppr league. At the 3/4 swing I'll be looking at the top 3 qbs, the top 3 tes(past gronk) and the upside rookie rbs. Probably won't go 3 wrs in first 4 rounds though we do have the ability to start 4 as we only require 1 rb and have 2 flexes so I won't completely rule it out if there's nothing else I like.

My biggest issue will be dealing with 2 pretty savvy owners at 11 and 12, nothing will slip past them so I need to take who i really need in the odd rounds and my reach picks in the even rounds.

Don't worry, someone will swerve and you will get two of your top 11.

So true, happens every yr. Someone will reach for rodgers in the first or something.

If Gordon doesn't fall to me I plan on going wr wr as I doubt i will like the rbs that are available at 2.03. I'm in a .5 ppr league. At the 3/4 swing I'll be looking at the top 3 qbs, the top 3 tes(past gronk) and the upside rookie rbs. Probably won't go 3 wrs in first 4 rounds though we do have the ability to start 4 as we only require 1 rb and have 2 flexes so I won't completely rule it out if there's nothing else I like.

My biggest issue will be dealing with 2 pretty savvy owners at 11 and 12, nothing will slip past them so I need to take who i really need in the odd rounds and my reach picks in the even rounds.

Going wr wr or wr rb then a Brady kelce combo could be great. Top wr rb second best te second best qb not bad at all.