Sign in to follow this  
dreen626

Romo is putting me in a tough spot

Because of Romo's uncertainty this week, I may have to drop Decker or Colston to add Colt McCoy, Andy Dalton or Alex Smith if Romo doesn't play. :unsure:

No one seems to want to trade. Should i drop an injured Colston or Decker?

Or just gamble with Romo on MNF?

Because of Romo's uncertainty this week, I have to drop Decker or Colston to add Colt McCoy, Andy Dalton or Alex Smith :unsure:

No one seems to want to trade. Should i drop an injured Colston or Decker?

Or just gamble with Romo on MNF and drop Decker for a QB if he doesnt do well this weeekend?

Do you have any openings in your league for next year? damn. I'm not sure where your getting your information but it looks like 95% that he starts. Dude is a warrior and a stud. The real question is if he'll have anyone to throw the damn ball too.

Do you have any openings in your league for next year? damn. I'm not sure where your getting your information but it looks like 95% that he starts. Dude is a warrior and a stud. The real question is if he'll have anyone to throw the damn ball too.

It's not so much the question of will he start but more will he make it through the game? The Skins are going to be trying to kill him. Add that to the fact that he may not have anyone to throw to if he does make it out of the game standing...

Yea... I'm not starting him this week.

The question is, what will hurt you overall more....Taking the chance on Romo, or dropping a player that you may need, or not need later...

If those guys are a key part of your team, for depth, or maybe a starter or two at some point, you don't want to drop them....IT all depends on your record, and other things.

I dropped my McFadden hundcuff Bush this week, needed the spot to get 1 more week to evaluate someone, and to pick someone up due to injuries. I plan to get him back after this weekend...I am just hoping I didn't screw myself, but the risks outweighed playing it safe imo (since I plan on just taking the 1 week gamble).

Yea... I'm not starting him this week.

I'm not either, but that's because I also have Stafford.

The question is....do you drop Decker or Colston so you can start Andy Dalton or Colt McCoy over him. I'd keep my WR's and take my chances with Romo in that scenario.

I'm currently 2-0 in the league.

It would most likely be Decker if I drop someone instead of Colston.

I'm currently 2-0 in the league.

It would most likely be Decker if I drop someone instead of Colston.

Dude, you are not in a tough spot. It's an easy decision. I would start Romo over McCoy even if I didn't have to drop Decker. The fact that you have to drop him only makes the decision that much easier.

I hear ya! I'm glad someone else already has a thread going.

I've got Romo - but between the rib injury AND the banged up WR-corps, I'm not thrilled with going with him this week. My other alternative is K. Orton, who plays (IMHO) an unimpressive TEN 2ndary.

Thing is - WAS QB R. Grossman is out on the WW, and DAL's 2ndary is banged up... Do I grab a 3rd QB, or go in another direction for my WW? OAK WR D. Moore, NE WR D. Branch, STL WR MSW and DEN WR E. Decker are all out there...

So: 1) roll-the-dice with Romo; 2) go with K. Orton; or 3) go with WAS QB R. Grossman, and hope "the BAD" Rex doesn't show up...?

I hear ya! I'm glad someone else already has a thread going.

I've got Romo - but between the rib injury AND the banged up WR-corps, I'm not thrilled with going with him this week. My other alternative is K. Orton, who plays (IMHO) an unimpressive TEN 2ndary.

Thing is - WAS QB R. Grossman is out on the WW, and DAL's 2ndary is banged up... Do I grab a 3rd QB, or go in another direction for my WW? OAK WR D. Moore, NE WR D. Branch, STL WR MSW and DEN WR E. Decker are all out there...

So: 1) roll-the-dice with Romo; 2) go with K. Orton; or 3) go with WAS QB R. Grossman, and hope "the BAD" Rex doesn't show up...?

D.Branch all day

Would you guys start Hasselbeck vs DEN over rolling the dice with Romo and his banged up receivers this week?

I'm also considering TEN QB. And, in one league, someone dropped PIT QB for BUF QB! (I'm considering dropping Orton for Big Ben.)

Update: Right now, I've got Orton going for both teams, and leaving a banged up Romo (who has a banged up WR corps) on my bench(es).

Would you guys start Hasselbeck vs DEN over rolling the dice with Romo and his banged up receivers this week?

The big problem to me is that they probably won't make a decision until Monday.

Kitna and Grossman are both not available in my league, so if I wait until Monday and find out he won't play then I'm screwed.

I also don't think that he'll make it through the whole game. If they get a lead, in goes Kitna. If he takes a shot, in goes Kitna.

Does Dallas rely more on a running game to protect him? Does Witten stay in protection? Both hurt his numbers.

Just trying to rationalize the decision I know I should make.

I'm a long time Cowboy fan, Romo will play. The question is, as another poster said, who will he throw to?

Austin is out, Dez and Witten are playing right now. Also, Felix Jones may play, but he has a a separated shoulder.

If you have a decent option, go with it.

I'm starting Kolb over Romo...so no doubt, Romo will be FF gold this week :pointstosky:

You can't start Romo this week. Just because he has a feel-good toughguy story during the week doesn't mean he's a good play in fantasy football. His receivers are extremely limited, as is his starting RB. None of the o-line issues in Dallas have disappeared and he's going to get hit a lot in this game. I would be surprised if he lasted the entire game, but even if he did, he's not going to play well with a flak jacket on and no feeling in half his torso. People starting Romo are letting emotion dictate what should be an obvious objective assessment: Gimpy QBs with no WRs are not good plays.

You can't start Romo this week. Just because he has a feel-good toughguy story during the week doesn't mean he's a good play in fantasy football. His receivers are extremely limited, as is his starting RB. None of the o-line issues in Dallas have disappeared and he's going to get hit a lot in this game. I would be surprised if he lasted the entire game, but even if he did, he's not going to play well with a flak jacket on and no feeling in half his torso. People starting Romo are letting emotion dictate what should be an obvious objective assessment: Gimpy QBs with no WRs are not good plays.

Yeah, it's his wide receivers that worry me more than his ribs. I think I'm starting Fitzpatrick over him. Not happy about it, but I think I almost have to.

:(

Yeah, it's his wide receivers that worry me more than his ribs. I think I'm starting Fitzpatrick over him. Not happy about it, but I think I almost have to.

:(

Starting just about any QB vs. the Pats secondary is a good play. I wouldn't hesitate to start Fitz over Romo this week.