Sign in to follow this  
edjr

France wolf-whistling and asking women for their phone number, soon to be a crime?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4506566/france-wolf-whistling-chatting-up-telephone-number-sexism/

Under new plans bugging women for their telephone numbers and following them could also be prohibited.
The crackdown comes after surveys show virtually all French women have been harassed on public transport, in the street or elsewhere at some time.
France’s new leader, President Emmanuel Macron, has pledged to end this during his election campaign this year.
Only a few countries, including Belgium and Portugal, have banned such behaviour.
The UK and others have broader laws against harassment in general but none so specific.
Some lawyers believe men should only be prosecuted when police officers witness an offence.
Others say women should be able to file criminal lawsuits against offenders at a later date.
But Marlène Schiappa, the under-secretary for gender equality, defended the plan and gave an example of behaviour that would be illegal.
She said: "You are a woman in an underground train. I am a man. I follow you.
"You get off the train. I get off.
“You get on another train. I get on too. I ask you for your telephone number. I ask again. I ask a third time.
“You feel oppressed. That is street harassment."
Gilles-William Goldnadel, a lawyer, accused Ms Schiappa of seeking to outlaw "heavy Latin chat-up lines".
He said the only consequences of the law would be to enrich feminist lawyers and to clog up the court system.

:o

snowflake country batman

I have an old friend from college. We stayed in touch all through the years. She is a feminazi.

She posted an article about how persistently pressing a romantic suit is harassment and akin to rape.

I pointed out that her husband chased her for months and that her dogma simply doesnt mesh with reality.

Defriended.

It's probably muslims doing all the harassing. Oh wait, no way. They would never acknowledge it if it were.

Muslims don't ask, they just take

Trump is a Muslim?

Can we all agree that guys that whistle loudly at random women or bug a woman over and over for their phone number are creeps?

Can we all agree that guys that whistle loudly at random women or bug a woman over and over for their phone number are creeps?

Nope.

I've never been one, but that's not really creepy at all.

Following them down the street is creepy