Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Seven-Ten Commentary**

Glad someone else took Jordy off the board. I woudl have had a serious look at him this round. I can make an argument for Jordy getting double digit TDs this season. I can also make an argument for another mediocre season.

I had Hogan all qued up, but.............

Parker is a little early, but he could very well be the #1 WR in Miami this year. He will have some games, but also some high-scoring games, which is fine for Best Ball. I had 1 or 2 other WRs close to equal with Parker, but I wouldn't be able to take Parker in the 8th, so took him now.

I have to say that I am not unhappy with the way my team is filling out thus far, and hoping I can avoid any major mistakes in the next two rounds...

And then there is effing Devante parker, or as I like to call him KennyBritt2.0..... :manningface:

Another player I planned on taking went right before me. Upsets me a little but it does help me make my decision as I was between two different guys.

A couple QBs I considered here, but let's grab my RB3. Freeman has some nice upside.

Royce was on my short list here. I thought he'd still be available.

I have to say that I am not unhappy with the way my team is filling out thus far, and hoping I can avoid any major mistakes in the next two rounds...

I like what you have going Ray. There are three teams out there on first look that I thought would feel in nicely. You pulled off the early QB admirably.

.01- RB Ezekiel Elliott, Dal.

2.12- RB LeSean McCoy, Buf.

3.01- QB Aaron Rodgers, GB

4.12- WR Brandin Cooks, LA Rams

5.01- WR Alshon Jeffery, Phi.

6.12- WR Jordy Nelson, Oak.

7.01- WR Chris Hogan, NE

Are you.....flirting with me?

personally, i like an earlier pick in redraft this year based on where my current tiers are.

then again, this may be the least prepared i've been before a june mock yet.

Like Royce Freeman. He was my 1st rounder in a recent dynasty idp rookie draft where i finished 3rd last year.

A little early for Stafford, but there are a bunch of teams without QBs and I expect a run to start soon.

Figured Id grab one of the last decent TEs before theres a run on them. Wanted to wait but I dont think Walker is lasting another round. I dont really care for the rest of the TEs as a starter.

Walker was the other TE I was talking about with my Engram pick. After him, there's just nothing that thrills me.

Figured Id grab one of the last decent TEs before theres a run on them. Wanted to wait but I dont think Walker is lasting another round. I dont really care for the rest of the TEs as a starter.

no he wasnt.

im leavin a really small list with fumble for my 7/8 turn. if it gets burned, ill check in periodically and try not to hold things up too much tomorrow. heading to the Us Open

no he wasnt.

im leavin a really small list with fumble for my 7/8 turn. if it gets burned, ill check in periodically and try not to hold things up too much tomorrow. heading to the Us Open

Awesome! Enjoy the Open.

note to self............................."never draft a TE in the 2nd round"

note to self............................."never draft a TE in the 2nd round"

i never take a TE or a QB early. The value just isn't there imho. QB is such a deep position that unless you're playing in a 2 QB league, you can wait and grab an easy top 10 starter for peanuts who is being overlooked. The guys who play with me in the IBL know this is my strategy and it usually works well. Tight end used to have that "Gronk/Graham" debate and the idea that you could just consider them WR1's but as those guys have fallen off a bit or deal with injury concerns, not many are taking their place and there seems to be question marks surrounding most of the better TE options

Taking Cam Newton where I did is outside my usual habits and was sort of an intentional addition to my unusual draft so far.

Matt -

That was a nice snipe . . . again. Corey Davis has a wicked high upside, if his QB can step up a bit. Love the pick. Wish you waited. :)

Matt -

That was a nice snipe . . . again. Corey Davis has a wicked high upside, if his QB can step up a bit. Love the pick. Wish you waited. :)

Looked at RB talent and was like Blah... so had to take C Davis, excited at what new OC/Coach will do for the offense.

It's been an interesting run on players right now. Back to back Titans then the next four are WRs all from the Rams and Niners.

It's been an interesting run on players right now. Back to back Titans then the next four are WRs all from the Rams and Niners.

That's a direct result of this mock taking place in June. We're guessing on which RBs and WRs will be most effective come September. Right now, the values of guys like Goodwin/Garcon and Woods/Kupp are almost identical. That will change.

Just curious guys....why did Coleman last so long? Was thinking about him 2 rounds ago but I couldn’t pull the trigger.

Because everybody and their dog thought they needed to draft a WR....

• Like 1

I know it's a little early, I know there are other QBs I can probably get a round later with the same value, but as the Niners homer here, I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't get my boy Jimmy G.

• Like 1

I was hoping Cohen would be there for me and he was. He's an explosive player and he was held back a bit last year with the old coaching staff. I have high expectations for this new offense under Nagy. I think he's a great add for a best ball team. I also like having a Bear on my team since I'm a fan.

Waited on a QB as always. Players on a new team are always a risk, but Cousins has some nice weapons, and could put up big numbers.

This has been a draft of runs. Now a run on QBs and RBs....