Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

MLB 2017

you know where I stand :banana:

• Like 1

you know where I stand :banana:

cheering for a crap team that went .500 last year?

If the Yankees can get another quality starter behind Tanaka watch out. They will contend in the east. Just hoping Gregorious is OK

• Like 1

Tigers gonna blow. NO hitting. Cabrera and Verlander are past their peak. Sucky year(s) coming up.

If the Yankees can get another quality starter behind Tanaka watch out. They will contend in the east. Just hoping Gregorious is OK

let me fill in for drobeski :lol:

Tigers are gonna be in for a rough year. The only team I feel confident that they will finish ahead of in the division is the Twins.

Id feel bad about gloating about the Cubs ready to win 90 to 100 games this year but I've had a lifetime of b*******.

This is going to be great.

I have to think the Yankees are going to get some insurance for Didi. Already people kicking up dust about how they should look towards Freddy Galvis.

As a White Sox fan, I wouldn't mind trading away Carlos Sanchez. Doubt he'd have much interest, but he could serve as a utility infielder for a team in need. Not sure what they'd get in return.

Tigers gonna blow. NO hitting. Cabrera and Verlander are past their peak. Sucky year(s) coming up.

Good chance my Rangers suck even worse.

We've no pitching outside of Darvish.. And no, I'm not counting on Hamels. The last half of the season last year he got rocked. Everyone is saying he was just tired - I'm not so sure, I think he may have lost it... We've no left handed threat in the bullpen, we've no power - I have no idea how Banister is planning on winning games.

Tigers are gonna be in for a rough year. The only team I feel confident that they will finish ahead of in the division is the Twins.

White Sox are going to have a rough go of it me thinks. I am hoping to see Tim Anderson continue to develop though.

Cubs lose Fowler, Hammel, Chapman and Ross.

But, they get Scwharber back.

I still like their chances to repeat.

Cubs lose Fowler, Hammel, Chapman and Ross.

But, they get Scwharber back.

I still like their chances to repeat.

Ross? really? that's a loss?

Oh no Lester has to pitch to someone else? :cry:

let me fill in for drobeski :lol:

Ahhhh, cocky Boston guy. I know it's new for you guys, but you're doing it kinda wrong. PM me and I'll let you know how.

It really is. That guy was basically the entire locker room. Pretty big calming factor to a really young team. He was huge last year

Good chance my Rangers suck even worse.

We've no pitching outside of Darvish.. And no, I'm not counting on Hamels. The last half of the season last year he got rocked. Everyone is saying he was just tired - I'm not so sure, I think he may have lost it... We've no left handed threat in the bullpen, we've no power - I have no idea how Banister is planning on winning games.

I just commented about how the Tigers have better odds of winning the WS than the Rangers(even though both are crappy odds)...I guess I'm surprised by this. Thought Texas was better than that.

It really is. That guy was basically the entire locker room. Pretty big calming factor to a really young team. He was huge last year

Yep. Guys like that are much bigger in the background than they are in the bright lights...though Ross had some big moments in the WS.

I think winning the title grows a team older exponentially now though. It's a loss sure, but not as much as if they hadn't gotten the job done last year.

Clubhouse leader and de facto player coach. Also homered in game 7.

Clubhouse leader and de facto player coach. Also homered in game 7.

He had 10 hr in 166 ABs during the regular season.

Dude should be starting for the Royals or some sh1t.

OK let's hear some predictions.

I think the Royals will improve on their .500 record from a year ago.

Key losses:

Yordano Ventura RIP :(

Kendrys Morales

Wade Davis

Jarrod Dyson

Edison Volquez

Omar Infants (if you can call it that)

Key Additions:

Jason Hammel

Brandon Moss

Jorge Soler

Nathan Karns

Travis Wood

2018 Free Agents:

Eric Hosmer

Mike Moustakas

Lorenzo Cain

Alcides Escobar

As you can see from above, this is a huge year for the Royals. For many of these guys who have won minor league championships together to a world series champion, they know this is their last year together as a team.

The only real competition in the field was at second, and Raul mondesi jr beat out Christian colon, cheslor cuthbert and whit Merrifield for the job. This kid is the future at short for the Royals, just when they brought him up last year he didn't hit a lick. He hit well enough to win the job in spring training but we'll have to see if that transitions at the major league level. For certain though esky is the odd man out next year and the ss job is his.

I also think moose is gone next year, as cuthbert showed he can play at the major league level. I also think it will be hard to re-sign cain with Gordon and soler locked up long term. The real question becomes whether they have enough in the toolbox to lure hosmer into staying. I hope so but the realist in me says probably not.

I do like the prospects of our starting rotation, especially with the likelihood our offense will be able to score runs. Duffy looks poised for a breakout year. Hammel, Kennedy and Karns should be able to eat up innings, and will be interesting to see how Vargas returns after a year and a half recovery from TJ.

Big questions though in the bullpen. Can Herrera transition into a lock down closer? Can Joakim Soria not suck? Can strahm become a dependable late inning guy like many think he can?

Should be a fun season for us, and if by chance we are out of it late will be interesting to see if they try and move any of these free agents to a contender.

Opening day lineup:

LF Gordon

3B Moustakas

CF Cain

1B Hosmer

C Perez

DH Moss

RF Orlando

SS Escobar

2B Mondesi

I will predict an 87-75 record good enough for a wild card spot :thumbsup:

So let's hear what you guys are looking forward to.

Also if anyone else wants to represent an AL central garment swap to the division champ let me know :thumbsup:

Yep. Guys like that are much bigger in the background than they are in the bright lights...though Ross had some big moments in the WS.

I think winning the title grows a team older exponentially now though. It's a loss sure, but not as much as if they hadn't gotten the job done last year.

Like Jason Varitek minus the stupid Captain's "C" on the front of his jersey.

The re-emergence of the evil empire is upon us. Enjoy your last gasps of relevancy.

The re-emergence of the evil empire is upon us. Enjoy your last gasps of relevancy.

Pipe down your team sucks

Pipe down your team sucks

It's happening. The baseball universe has had it good the last 6 years. Even the hapless Mets got in on it. This year is the beginning of the end. The baby bombers take their first steps towards more championship baseball in The Bronx.

The White Sox will be bad too. Especially after they trade away Quintana

Darvish is in the last year of his deal - will be on the block come July. He's going to either you guys, LA or Chicago anyway - might as well make a deal and avoid the crowd.

Giants gambled by only solidifying closer role, without going after OF, or middle relief help. Starters should be able to go relatively deep. Defense is strong as usual. Again they are going to have to rely on clutch hitting.

Certainly capable of winning division. Starting pitching is designed for playoffs. I think they win around 92. Will be competitive if healthy.

A 1986 repeat.

Mets over Red Sox

Gonna miss Jose on the mound...Marlins will finally be mediocre...ohhh wait, nevermind

This is not coming from s Yanks homer. So take it for what it is. Greg bird might hit 50 homers as a power hitting lefty in that stadium

This is not coming from s Yanks homer. So take it for what it is. Greg bird might hit 50 homers as a power hitting lefty in that stadium

Bird

Judge

Sanchez

Tanaka

Holliday

Didi when healthy

:bench:

Chapman

So based on the sample size birds projected for 35. So 40 45 is probably more realistic if he grows

Bronx Bombers going to kick azz this year. Like HT said, if we can piece together a good number 2 or 3 pitcher, its going to be a very good year….. the bats are there, so bombs away!!!!

Bronx Bombers going to kick azz this year. Like HT said, if we can piece together a good number 2 or 3 pitcher, its going to be a very good year….. the bats are there, so bombs away!!!!

You guys willing to pony up $30m a year for Darvish? You can do the math, he'd make you almost unbeatable.

You guys willing to pony up $30m a year for Darvish? You can do the math, he'd make you almost unbeatable.

No thanks. They are going to get under the luxury tax threshold and then unleash hell. Stand by

I thought you lived in Texas.

OK let's hear some predictions.

I think the Royals will improve on their .500 record from a year ago.

Key losses:

Yordano Ventura RIP :(

Kendrys Morales

Wade Davis

Jarrod Dyson

Edison Volquez

Omar Infants (if you can call it that)

Key Additions:

Jason Hammel

Brandon Moss

Jorge Soler

Nathan Karns

Travis Wood

2018 Free Agents:

Eric Hosmer

Mike Moustakas

Lorenzo Cain

Alcides Escobar

As you can see from above, this is a huge year for the Royals. For many of these guys who have won minor league championships together to a world series champion, they know this is their last year together as a team.

The only real competition in the field was at second, and Raul mondesi jr beat out Christian colon, cheslor cuthbert and whit Merrifield for the job. This kid is the future at short for the Royals, just when they brought him up last year he didn't hit a lick. He hit well enough to win the job in spring training but we'll have to see if that transitions at the major league level. For certain though esky is the odd man out next year and the ss job is his.

I also think moose is gone next year, as cuthbert showed he can play at the major league level. I also think it will be hard to re-sign cain with Gordon and soler locked up long term. The real question becomes whether they have enough in the toolbox to lure hosmer into staying. I hope so but the realist in me says probably not.

I do like the prospects of our starting rotation, especially with the likelihood our offense will be able to score runs. Duffy looks poised for a breakout year. Hammel, Kennedy and Karns should be able to eat up innings, and will be interesting to see how Vargas returns after a year and a half recovery from TJ.

Big questions though in the bullpen. Can Herrera transition into a lock down closer? Can Joakim Soria not suck? Can strahm become a dependable late inning guy like many think he can?

Should be a fun season for us, and if by chance we are out of it late will be interesting to see if they try and move any of these free agents to a contender.

Opening day lineup:

LF Gordon

3B Moustakas

CF Cain

1B Hosmer

C Perez

DH Moss

RF Orlando

SS Escobar

2B Mondesi

I will predict an 87-75 record good enough for a wild card spot :thumbsup:

So let's hear what you guys are looking forward to.

Also if anyone else wants to represent an AL central garment swap to the division champ let me know :thumbsup:

I want Soler to start over Moss.