Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Cosby Show's "Elvin" bagging groceries at Trader Joes in NJ

What a POS the person is that put it on the internet. Leave the guy alone, I respect that he's working.

• Like 4

I met him on the PATH train once. He started talking to me like he wanted to get to know me. I realized he just wanted to talk to me about God. This was in the late 80s.

This is a story why? Im supposed to feel bad/embarrassed/chastise the guy because hes working and putting food on the table? :blink:

• Like 1

What a POS the person is that put it on the internet. Leave the guy alone, I respect that he's working.

Agreed, this is super sh1tty.... They think this guy made enough off that show to never work again?

If he was getting residuals , that's dried up a few years ago when Cosbys raping and drugging came to light. No one airs the show anymore.

Since graduating laude from Yale University in 1983, Owens has worked as an actor, director and teacher in theatre, television and film. And at Trader Joes....

Do people think he was paid similar to what Cosby was? Of course he needs a job. A guy was on a tv show decades ago and hes supposed to be well off still? TJ is a good place to work.

Do people think he was paid similar to what Cosby was? Of course he needs a job. A guy was on a tv show decades ago and hes supposed to be well off still? TJ is a good place to work.

He also went to Yale, so there is something going on. Nevertheless, the man was doing honest work and shouid be let be.

Yep, that's pretty shitty of Fox News to do that. Most of us can relate to what he's going thru (falling on hard times). He's making an honest living and he may have some other issues going on that a simple picture can't capture.

Poor guy. Maybe he now gets the internet to help him out. I'd contribute.

• Like 1

Good job Geek Club :thumbsup:

There's dignity in work. When I look at him, it's not that that 'could be' me, that WAS me when I hit bottom. Like HT pointed out, what he earned in residual dried up with Bill Cosby's misconduct and the man has to get on with life somehow. A lot of people choose to throw in the towel. Not him. He's not leeching off the taxpayers, he remains a taxpayer.

I'd contribute.

Why? Dude graduated top of his class at focking Yale, prolly earned a few million acting. If there's not more to this story that maybe he owns the Trader Joes but is actually just working there due to some damn poor financial decisions he can suck it. I wouldn't give him ######.

Why? Dude graduated top of his class at focking Yale, prolly earned a few million acting. If there's not more to this story that maybe he owns the Trader Joes but is actually just working there due to some damn poor financial decisions he can suck it. I wouldn't give him ######.

He doesn't want your money. You can suck it.

Every day when he leaves, they should announce "Elvin has left the building".

And when all these dogooder nitwits in here drop some coins in his cup he'll say, Thank you. Thank you very much...

While the job shaming was disgusting it all worked out for him landing acting gigs.