Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingram - who do you like?

I think they're both good prospects but I have to go Simmons #1 overall. I get the issues with the lack of an outside shot and inconsistent effort on D but you could say that about a lot of players. A 6'10 player who can handle the ball like a point guard and get to the rim with his speed is exceptionally rare. I think he's an All Star for many years.

I like Ingram a lot too but to me he's going to take a few years to mature and dude looks like a focking scarecrow he's so skinny. Still with that size and outside shot he will be a very good player for a really long time.

Who do you have at 1?

I like Simmons but, considering the situation, Philly should take Ingram.

We've seen the signs, Simmons will be a disaster playing for that dumpster fire that is currently masquerading as a professional basketball organization.

Haven't watched them enough to really know, I do know that as gifted as Simmons is, couldn't get LSU in the tournament, what would concern me though is his failure to get a 2.0 to be eligible for the wooden award. I don't think he would have won it, but it definitely shows a lack of focus. We all know their grades don't matter and he was going pro, but you have to look into that if you're going to use the number one pick on him.

Has a team ever gone from having the worst record in the league to making the playoffs the next season? Sixers will next year.

Didn't the Spurs do that when David Robinson finished his naval career?

Ingram IMHO and it's not even close. Ben Simmons seems like a guy that's going to be playing overseas quicker than Michael Beasley

Whichever goes to the Lakers honestly. With Russell and Randle I like the fit better than whoever goes to the team stockpiled with old school big men and foreign question marks.

If either played point then no brained for philly.

Whichever goes to the Lakers honestly. With Russell and Randle I like the fit better than whoever goes to the team stockpiled with old school big men and foreign question marks.

If either played point then no brained for philly.

You'd be doing cartwheels if the Nets had a shot at either of them. :wave:

You'd be doing cartwheels if the Nets had a shot at either of them. :wave:

I'm not as big a nets fan as you are a Sixers fan and youre also wrong. I'm much more interested in the nets getting a backcourt. Same as the Sixers need.

Would I turn either of these guys down? Of course not. Just saying they need a facilitator more than anything

You seem hung up on the nets. Is it because Hinkie had a bunch of losing seasons and then left when you used to tout his master plan?

Simmons has attitude problems and cant shoot, Ingram may end up being the next Jermaine O'Neal. Guy is just so skinny.

Tough to tell. I'd draft Simmons over Ingram though

Has a team ever gone from having the worst record in the league to making the playoffs the next season? Sixers will next year.

Milwaukee Bucks:

2013-14 season: 15-67

2014-15 season: 41-41 and 6th seed

• Like 1

I think I would rather take Buddy Hield...

No

Ingram. Simmons lacks heart and focus, and is about to make a lot of money.

One season at age 18 tells you that? Meh

I go for the higher upside an draft Simmons.

Higher upside is just that. Upside. Upside is often never reached by players who don't have the drive to succeed after they get paid (see michael beasley). I made that comparison before but I think it's a really.good one.

I have to agree I like Hield over both if you want a player who is very talented AND a winner.

Ben Simmons is the first college player ever to average 19 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assists in a college season.

Imagine how good he can be if he ever gives a sh1t? :shocking:

Higher upside is just that. Upside. Upside is often never reached by players who don't have the drive to succeed after they get paid (see michael beasley). I made that comparison before but I think it's a really.good one.

I have to agree I like Hield over both if you want a player who is very talented AND a winner.

The Nets should draft Heild at 3. :thumbsup:

I think I would rather take Buddy Hield...

If built to win right now...yes.

I think he is more ready to step in and play well right away.

But his ceiling is not nearly as high as the others.

Milwaukee Bucks:

2013-14 season: 15-67

2014-15 season: 41-41 and 6th seed

Not sure if these were league worst records but

NETS

2000-2001 26 wins

2001-2002 52 wins and a finals

CELTICS

2006-2007 26 wins

2007-2008 66 wins and a title

If built to win right now...yes.

I think he is more ready to step in and play well right away.

But his ceiling is not nearly as high as the others.

I think his floor is higher. I agree somewhat with your statement except teams that are perpetually the worst in the league like the Sixers have been drafting players for a while now. At some point raw, high upside can be overlooked in favor of a player who can round out the team.

Unless you think either of the top 2 guys can be transcendent

Too bad for.philly that they didn't get the #1 last year, get Towns and get maybe the 3 this year for Hield.

And, IMO, is ready to play at the next level...

I think his floor is higher. I agree somewhat with your statement except teams that are perpetually the worst in the league like the Sixers have been drafting players for a while now. At some point raw, high upside can be overlooked in favor of a player who can round out the team.

Unless you think either of the top 2 guys can be transcendent

Too bad for.philly that they didn't get the #1 last year, get Towns and get maybe the 3 this year for Hield.

Billy King, is that you?

Not sure if these were league worst records but

NETS

2000-2001 26 wins

2001-2002 52 wins and a finals

CELTICS

2006-2007 26 wins

2007-2008 66 wins and a title

Nets had five teams below them for worst record...

Celtics has the Grizzles below them and they won 24 games...

Check the year D. Robinson was injured and the Spurs were able to draft Duncan. I know they made the playoffs that year, not sure if they were the worst. Also I thought the Bucks also held that record for a long time going from worst to playoffs with the addition of Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Billy King, is that you?

You know I'm right so you come back with that weak ? :D

I think they're both good prospects but I have to go Simmons #1 overall. I get the issues with the lack of an outside shot and inconsistent effort on D but you could say that about a lot of players. A 6'10 player who can handle the ball like a point guard and get to the rim with his speed is exceptionally rare. I think he's an All Star for many years.

I like Ingram a lot too but to me he's going to take a few years to mature and dude looks like a focking scarecrow he's so skinny. Still with that size and outside shot he will be a very good player for a really long time.

Who do you have at 1?

What do you mean, who do I like? As in which guy would I rather see not have his career ruined by the stink that is the 76ers?

Nets had five teams below them for worst record...

Celtics has the Grizzles below them and they won 24 games...

So the celts fit the bill pretty well. 2nd worst to champ?

What do you mean, who do I like? As in which guy would I rather see not have his career ruined by the stink that is the 76ers?

Okafor, Noel, Simmons/Ingram, Dario Saric, Embid.....

They have a great young nucleus. Not Warriors/Cavs-good, but potential playoff team good. And extremely young. They are going to contend three years from now.

You know I'm right so you come back with that weak ######? :D

Drafting Buddy Heild #1 would be even dumber than when the Nets bent over and spread em for the Celtics for a couple of broken down warhorses. :lol:

Drafting Buddy Heild #1 would be even dumber than when the Nets bent over and spread em for the Celtics for a couple of broken down warhorses. :lol:

Not to be "that guy" but link to where I Said draft buddy Hield #1?

I said I like Hield more than the other two. Never said you take him first overall

Okafor, Noel, Simmons/Ingram, Dario Saric, Embid.....

They have a great young nucleus. Not Warriors/Cavs-good, but potential playoff team good. And extremely young. They are going to contend three years from now.

Okafor is an old school center in a new age outside shooting league that prefers big men who can stretch the floor. Saric is an unknown. Embiid is the next Greg Oden and Noel hasn't made the strides he's needed to.

I know I come off as a straight Sixers basher and I have MDCs panties in a bunch but tell me if I'm wrong about any of that

Okafor is an old school center in a new age outside shooting league that prefers big men who can stretch the floor. Saric is an unknown. Embiid is the next Greg Oden and Noel hasn't made the strides he's needed to.

I know I come off as a straight Sixers basher and I have MDCs panties in a bunch but tell me if I'm wrong about any of that

Now that I know you're a Nets fan I just figure you're bitter. :dunno:

I think you've pointed out a lot of valid concerns. Embid is obvioulsy an injury risk. Big men and foot injuries never seem to end well. Saric is a question mark. I disagree about Noel. I think he's coming along nicely and runs the floor well for a big man. I also think that Okafor showed flashes last year and can be a solid center in the league.

I wouldn't mind seeing them trade the first pick top Boston for the third. They could get Heild there and they need an outside shooter. And also get a starter or sixth man from Boston in the trade.

Now that I know you're a Nets fan I just figure you're bitter. :dunno:

Not bitter at all. I got to see my favorite player many times over a year and a half because of thay deal with boston.

Also, depending o what each team does in free agency I fully expect brooklyn to win more games next season yet again.

Right now brook lopez is the best player on either team and if the Nets can bring in a PG like Conley, their starting unit will be better and more seasoned while not being overly old either.

Not end of the world.for a team that mortgaged the future