Sign in to follow this  
BattleshipLorenzen

How's Aldon Smith looked? IDP sleepers?

Looking for IDP underperformers or sleepers with good pedigrees who are flying under the radar so far. Thoughts/additions?

Aldon Smith, OAK. He was a dominant pass rusher. He's been with OAK for a few weeks, and his snap count has increased each week (started last week for the first time). He got two solos (one TFL, which adds 1.5 in my league, for 2.5 per solo TFL - compared to 3 for a sack), two PDs (1 each, same as solo), but no QB hits (and, if I recall, no pressures). You'd think that, opposite K.Mack, there would be some good pass-rushing opportunity. Part of it is his conditioning (and I guess he lines up on the left? PFF said he was against Joe Thomas), but anyone have any insight (i.e., actually saw the game?) into whether better production can be expected? The Bears are pretty weak at tackle right now, and seem likely to be in catch-up mode, so Aldon might be a sneaky play this week.

Anthony Barr, MIN. Good average last year after being the No. 9 overall draft pick and some big games. Two good games and a bad week 2 so far this year, but plays on a good defense.

Marcell Dareus, BUF. He just came off of suspension in week 2, performed decently in a plus-matchup away in week 3, and has a two more coming up (for DTs, not DL overall). He got 80% of snaps week 2 and only 63% week 3 (rested with the lead maybe?). I'm not sure that he's dominant enough to be a regular starter, but could be a good stash for BYE weeks.

Michael Johnson, CIN. I think he's graded out well by PFF. Did not start week 1, but started 2 and 3 and got 75% of the snaps. Two bad matchups (with my league's scoring) in weeks 1 and 3; had poor stats in week 2's better matchup against SD (2 solo, 1 assist, 1 PD). KC gives up points to DE, and one would think he'd be able to take advantage of the attention that Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap will demand. He's recently been added as well (hence not starting week 1), but really only had one noteworthy year with CIN stat-wise (2012).

Leonard Williams, NYJ. Grading out well for a rookie, increasing snap time, and still getting into shape on what looks to be a dominant defense. Has anyone seen this kid play?

Dont'a Hightower, NE. Very promising last year, and great start to this year before dropping only 1 point week 3 (Jags abandoned the run; Hightower still got 72% of the snaps, compared to 91% week 2 and 84% week 1). Seems (possibly) dependent on the defensive package that NE uses to defend an opponent (e.g., it looks like only 2 linebackers got snaps week 1, except Mayo got a handful while Hightower was out).

Any others? Thoughts on these guys? They are just a few who are on the WW in my IDP league (2 DL, 2LB, 2 DB). I'm solid at these positions (except DB), but it's nice to spot playmakers ahead of time instead of relying on JAGs during BYE weeks.

Short list of guys who are "WTF?" with their rankings each week, IMO.

Oliver Vernon

Fletcher Cox

Jason Hatcher