Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

Bye Bye Meals On Wheels

So I should pay higher taxes for social programs I will never use, and the end result is it makes it harder for me to take care of my own family? What does your moral compass say about that?

Are my morals messed up because I could give two focks about a family I'll never meet when it makes it harder to take care of my own?

In a similar vein, should our taxes foot the bill for Trump's 3 million-dollar golf weekends, Melania's penthouse suite/ extra protection and jet-setting for his sons?

Trump's had, what...three 'golf' weekends to date, at a cost approaching 10 million in taxpayer dollars. Just think about that for a minute. That is approximately 25% of the annual budget for Meals on Wheels.

I dunno about you, but I'd far rather my taxes go to serve hungry seniors and disabled vets - instead of to one fat ass.

your taxes are NEVER, EVER doing down, EVER. They will never be lower.

caring where the money goes is moot.

your taxes are NEVER, EVER doing down, EVER. They will never be lower.

caring where the money goes is moot.

But building walls and funding golf outings and special living arrangements for your wench could very well make them go higher. And/or have key social programs cut.

But building walls and funding golf outings and special living arrangements for your wench could very well make them go higher. And/or have key social programs cut.

You should load up on food a few times a year and drop it off at the local food pantry. I do. Imagine everyone did that? Boom! Problem solved. And guess who most of that food goes to? Illegal Aliens. Now get to steppin mr concerned citizen.

In a similar vein, should our taxes foot the bill for Trump's 3 million-dollar golf weekends, Melania's penthouse suite/ extra protection and jet-setting for his sons?

Trump's had, what...three 'golf' weekends to date, at a cost approaching 10 million in taxpayer dollars. Just think about that for a minute. That is approximately 25% of the annual budget for Meals on Wheels.

I dunno about you, but I'd far rather my taxes go to serve hungry seniors and disabled vets - instead of to one fat ass.

He has a long way to go, Obama's vacations cost the tax payer $1.2 billion.

And why can't parents pack a lunch for their kids? Why does it have to be some govt program?

Because peanuts and other unhealthy foods.

You can tell everything you need to know about a society based on how they treat their elderly. The same goes for individuals.

sure can, all I ever do is hear you schit on them on this board.

Trump will do that in 4 years. Bank on it.

The Government should only be involved in the business of protecting ( infrastructure & defense ) Americans period, not countless programs paid for by the rich and those who work.

This is how the Country got into incredible debt, which is dangerous in many ways.

You should load up on food a few times a year and drop it off at the local food pantry. I do. Imagine everyone did that? Boom! Problem solved. And guess who most of that food goes to? Illegal Aliens. Now get to steppin mr concerned citizen.

You ain't donating sh1t, Sucker. Your retirement was short-lived. You got trapped and had to get back out there and find another job to buy formula and diapers. While she spends your pension.

sure can, all I ever do is hear you schit on them on this board.

Only Phurfur. He doesn't count

I'm not finding this figure anywhere - is there a place I can locate it?

The numbers I've seen say Obama spent around $102m.

• Like 1

You ain't donating sh1t, Sucker. Your retirement was short-lived. You got trapped and had to get back out there and find another job to buy formula and diapers. While she spends your pension.

You got me. Can't you tell how much I'm busting my ass everyday? But this storm has set me back. I have to wait to order my new gazebo, but I have to wait for the snow to melt. I hope it doesn't sell out. It's terribly exhausting.

You can tell everything you need to know about a society based on how they treat their elderly. The same goes for individuals.

I'm not real sure why you should support my elderly parents. I surly don't want to support yours. How about we each just take care of our own and move on.

With that said, Veterans, who serve a specific amount of time, should be completely taken care if by all.

You got me. Can't you tell how much I'm busting my ass everyday? But this storm has set me back. I have to wait to order my new gazebo, but I have to wait for the snow to melt. I hope it doesn't sell out. It's terribly exhausting.

wait. Did you just use buying a gazebo in an attempt to impress me that you have money? Buying a gazebo? I bought a gazebo when I was 30. And I didn't have much else at that age. Buying a gazebo? Seriously? ROFL.

wait. Did you just use buying a gazebo in an attempt to impress me that you have money? Buying a gazebo? I bought a gazebo when I was 30. And I didn't have much else at that age. Buying a gazebo? Seriously? ROFL.

Just showing you what's on my mind. And it ain't work. Wrong again, Bewbie. Wrong again. When you were 30? Some other guy has that now. Lol.

You really don't want to try and compare this.

It at minimum needs a new name.

Grub for chubs?

eats for deadbeats?

maybe pair of up with another good cause... You know two birds one stone. Maybe assisted suicide... call it 'Last Meal on a Wheels'

Says who?

The Congressional Budget Office reports that overall federal government spending has increased by approximately $1.13 Trillion over the past decade, while tax revenues have increased by $699 Billion with the result being a more than doubling of our national debt during the previous ten years. To make matters worse, while the national debt has been skyrocketing, our nation’s economy has not grown by more than 3 percent since 2005 which used to be considered normal growth, causing our overall debt to GDP to increase to an unsustainable 107 percent.

The Congressional Budget Office reports that overall federal government spending has increased by approximately $1.13 Trillion over the past decade, while tax revenues have increased by $699 Billion with the result being a more than doubling of our national debt during the previous ten years. To make matters worse, while the national debt has been skyrocketing, our nations economy has not grown by more than 3 percent since 2005 which used to be considered normal growth, causing our overall debt to GDP to increase to an unsustainable 107 percent.

great post. Yet we spend millions to fly Trump around to gold and hang out in Florida. We spend millions in unneccesary security so that his wife and kids can stay in Trump tower. But let's take meals away from the elderly and disabled.

great post. Yet we spend millions to fly Trump around to gold and hang out in Florida. We spend millions in unneccesary security so that his wife and kids can stay in Trump tower. But let's take meals away from the elderly and disabled.

I wish to,pay for neither. Next.

I wish to,pay for neither. Next.

Why?

Realize how many veterans rely on meals on wheels?

Why?

Realize how many veterans rely on meals on wheels?

The fact a Veteran needs meal on wheels is a whole other problem. I did mention that in an earlier post.

Being 100% honest, I never knew Meals on Wheels was Federally funded. I knew many of older folks who made and delivered donated food and called it meals in wheels. Where does the Federal funding come in?

The fact a Veteran needs meal on wheels is a whole other problem. I did mention that in an earlier post.

well that veteran has even more problems now thanks to Trump

Really? No other solutions?

I will make a bet. The Veterans will come out far ahead after Trumps term than under your boy.

I will make a bet. The Veterans will come out far ahead after Trumps term than under your boy.

two things Trump has no respect for. People who have served, and poor people.

Being 100% honest, I never knew Meals on Wheels was Federally funded. I knew many of older folks who made and delivered donated food and called it meals in wheels. Where does the Federal funding come in?

Community Development Block grants pay for a lot of things.

MOW relies on that and a lot of donations and volunteers.

I'd agree with some that some of these programs can be cut if I had faithotherspickingipthe slack. But idiot.

http://www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org/docs/default-source/financials/meals-on-wheels-america-audited-financial-statements-2015.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Government grants made up just $248,347 of the funding – or 3.3 percent of total funds.

Doesn't seem to me like it's going away if the taxpayers pull back on 3.3% of it's total funds. More rhetoric or is there something their own financial document doesn't list?

http://www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org/docs/default-source/financials/meals-on-wheels-america-audited-financial-statements-2015.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Government grants made up just $248,347 of the funding or 3.3 percent of total funds.

Doesn't seem to me like it's going away if the taxpayers pull back on 3.3% of it's total funds. More rhetoric or is there something their own financial document doesn't list?

So Giraldi lied. The libtards have gone into compete dishonest mode now. Not even making it look good

So Giraldi lied. The libtards have gone into compete dishonest mode now. Not even making it look good

I don't think he lied. The MSM is saying the new budget will kill MOW which unless they're getting taxpayer dollars some other way, it's just not the case.

I don't think he lied. The MSM is saying the new budget will kill MOW which unless they're getting taxpayer dollars some other way, it's just not the case.

The title of his thread sad it was going away and then he said it was losing the majority of funding. Both untrue.

The title of his thread sad it was going away and then he said it was losing the majority of funding. Both untrue.

He probably believed the lie of the MSM. The fun part is watching the outrage of Meathead and Slo Flake over this, like they give a flying fock. If Meathead gave up spray tans and highlights along with Slo Flake getting his a$$ out and volunteer instead of pounding on the keyboard 24/7 this wouldn't be an issue.

The MSM said a lot of things...........Propaganda machine that rivals Hitler's Henchmen.

Back that number up alias troll. Geesus, you don't even give a time frame much less an accounting equivalency.