Sign in to follow this  
AintNoStoppinMeNow

For Those Waiting on TE this year

I'd roster Engram. Guy is a WR with TE designation and is going to feast in the middle. Guy is the real deal.

I grabbed HHenry late and then grabbed engram in the final rounds. I am figuring to be starting Engram soon.

So he is basically a rookie WR (big frame) on a team with OBJ, Marshall, and Shepard... Easy pass for me in redraft IMO. Doubt he has the opportunity for any kind of volume.

I just cannot buy any of the Engram / OJ Howard hype because of the amount of weapons on said teams. They're just too far down the pecking order, regardless of talent. I'm steering well clear in redraft leagues. Even if it's the last pick.

Who are u guys going with week 1? Have Fleener in there with Snead out, but wondering if Doyle is a sneaky good play with tolzien needing that security blanket.

Who are u guys going with week 1? Have Fleener in there with Snead out, but wondering if Doyle is a sneaky good play with tolzien needing that security blanket.

I have Fleener too. Might just stick with him as my only other options are Julius Thomas or Witten. But I hate having to rely on him.

Having said that, not sure I would go Doyle over him. I want no part of the Colts offense right now. But that's just me.

I want no part of the Colts offense right now. But that's just me.

No, not just you.

I like Doyle this year, but not without Luck.

So he is basically a rookie WR (big frame) on a team with OBJ, Marshall, and Shepard... Easy pass for me in redraft IMO. Doubt he has the opportunity for any kind of volume.

Fair points, my counter is that the guy is going to feast in the seam, and all those sideline weapons will give him plenty of space. Their running game is garbage and Eli is going to throw the ball 600 times.

Its obviously a calculated gamble, he may not have the coaching staff's trust, or the volume. We'll see.

I'm paying close attention to this thread as I could not say no to Reed in the 6th, but I fully expect TE help at some point this year...

Regarding Witten - I had him last year... He is showing his age. Weeks with 3 or less receptions: Week 2, 3, 5, 8, 12, 13, 16 & 17. # of weeks with > 67 yards = 1...

Kyle Rudolph was the TE3 in standard scoring last year, has a favorable defenses-against-TEs schedule this year, and can be had in the middle rounds. But Yahoo has slapped him with a Questionable tag and the usual sources aren't telling me why he's "Q". Anybody like Rudolph ?

I drafted him for all the reasons you stated.

You don't know how special Enfram is and you obviously don't know how important the TE is to Eli no matter who is playing WR.

Did you say the same thing about Marques Colston???

You don't know how special Enfram is and you obviously don't know how important the TE is to Eli no matter who is playing WR.

I would also toss in that Eli and Engram are both Old Miss Alumni. You know he is going to love tossing to someone from his school.

• Like 1

No belief in him being a security blanket for Tolzien?

I think Tolzien will definitely need a wubby. I just don't believe in Tolzien enough to be able to competently complete enough passes, and definitely not for enough TDs.

A guy I like REALLY late, like last pick of the draft or pick him up off waivers late.....is Charles Clay.

He's always been a talented receiver and route runner, and last year had a nice little stretch with Tyrod towards the end of the year when he put up some damn impressive stats.

Minus out Watkins, factor in Boldin's retirement, and couple all of that with Jordan Matthews history of drops and unfamiliarity with the offense and I think Clay could be a waiver wire gem this year.

It's still early but I'm sticking by what I said above....I think Clay's got some upside. If you need a TE and he's out there I definitely think you could do worse.

I'm glad I waited on TE in both leagues. Guys like Reed, graham and Eifert were drafted too early and aren't holding their value at all. I have Witten and Doyle and am loving it.

Only way to draft a te.

How's this going for those who waited on TE and with the rash of TE injuries?

Cook has a nice matchup this weekend, but after that I'm not sure.

it sucks. i'm changing TE more frequently than most people change their underwear. I'm getting nothing out of the likes of Ebron and Hooper, and little out of Eifert and Doyle. Fleener has been the only one that paid off. I was hoping to maybe score on ASJ but apparently his fat ass is so out of shape he may not even play. It's a wasteland.

I waited until 14th round of keeper league and took the ultimate F U late round TE Jason Witten

I waited until the end of an auction draft in a start 2 TE league and got Engram and Clay and very happy with that. Wanted Ertz but already spent too much on other positions.

it sucks. i'm changing TE more frequently than most people change their underwear. I'm getting nothing out of the likes of Ebron and Hooper, and little out of Eifert and Doyle. Fleener has been the only one that paid off. I was hoping to maybe score on ASJ but apparently his fat ass is so out of shape he may not even play. It's a wasteland.

Huh? Ebron caught all 5 of his passes last week and scored a TD.

still rolling bennett out there...not real excited about it though. hoping he picks up some cobb slack...or rather i hope he just starts catching the damn ball.

Two and one so this season without a te.

Played Hooper again this past weekend, nothing.

I do own Graham and he did produce of course he was sitting on the old pine.

Just a crapshoot at TE. I waited in most of my leagues. Got Walker, Bennett, and then Brate/Hooper.

So far they've all been average, and Bennett sucks.

If i had to sum it up...

Regret. Waiting. Everyday.

I should have jumped in earlier on Walker

Huh? Ebron caught all 5 of his passes last week and scored a TD.

I should have said I had Ebron and pulled the "drop" trigger too quickly. I could have gotten him back but the team that had Olsen unfortunately had priority on me.