Sign in to follow this  
TennisMenace

ESPN procedure question

Sorry for asking this, but I haven't played in an ESPN league in quite sometime.

I went to make a claim today and after I selected the person I want to claim, it took to me to a screen that said "I need to drop a player to clear room on my roster." It did not allow me to choose a person from my roster to drop.

So, do I have to actually drop a player FIRST before I can even make a claim? If so, this is very weird. If I drop a person to make a claim for the RB from Arizona and I don't get the kid from Arizona because I am last in my waiver claim, then I am out a player now and was unsuccessful in my waiver claim.

Is this the way ESPN does this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

TM

Did all of your players have that red dot next to their name? If you did this yesterday then it makes sense as you are not allowed to drop any players while games are being played. Transactions usually can't happen until all the games have been played or you are dropping a player who had a bye.

Did all of your players have that red dot next to their name? If you did this yesterday then it makes sense as you are not allowed to drop any players while games are being played. Transactions usually can't happen until all the games have been played or you are dropping a player who had a bye.

I first tried this about 30 minutes ago. I tried it again 5 minutes ago, same result.

No red dots

Update:

I decided to play around and it would not allow me to pick up a RB, WR, or TE without FIRST dropping a player.

But it did allow for me to pick up a QB, D, K without first dropping a player.

The league max is 8 RBs and 8 WRs and 4 TEs. I don't have any of those max numbers.

Update #2:

I figured out how to get around this conundrum. Instead of clicking on the word "claim" at the far left, I clicked on the person's name which gives me his bio, etc. but, you can also click on "claim" here. I did that, and this then opened up that screen that allows me to pick a guy on my roster I am willing to cut. So........problem solved.

A moderator can delete this thread if you want to make some more room. Thanks to all who responded to this bizarre thread.

• Like 1

How come non of my players have red dots.

ESPN has 4 different ways to do FA.

Non-waiver - free for all after 3 am edt (our league used to do this)

Waiver - period od of time where people make claims and FA is dispensed via priority. Cannot go into this, as our league is against it

FAAB Continuous - FA via a Blind bid process by default daily

FAAB , Blind Bid Waiver period of either 1 or 2 days. other stuff involved here (is what we are doing now)

It should be that you identify a player to add.

Then you identify a player to drop (conditional in FAAB/waiver process)

Then submit

Do all this under the tab "Player"

Status column will let you know if a FA, a Waive or a FAAB process in first colum and a second column in Status has 3 buttons. First being add.

You select this and the page will show you your roster. Here you select the guy to pitch to that curb.

enjoy the season