Sign in to follow this  
neil2222

Hunt vs. Elliot

The rookie wall is becoming a thing of the past. Guys are coming in much more ready to play a whole season these days.

And, frankly, I think teams will be more afraid of Tyreek than of Dez by the middle of this season.

I say Hunt.

I have both these guys and it feels like walking on eggshells this season. Not sure if Elliot gets suspended or if Hunt keeps things up (not expecting 40 a game) If I were to hold one I'd go with Zeke. Dude is a guaranteed stud as long as he plays. Jury is still out on Hunt

I have both these guys and it feels like walking on eggshells this season. Not sure if Elliot gets suspended or if Hunt keeps things up (not expecting 40 a game) If I were to hold one I'd go with Zeke. Dude is a guaranteed stud as long as he plays. Jury is still out on Hunt

No one expects more 40 pt games. I've read that a whole bunch of times--so many people pointing to hypothetical people who are expecting 40 pt games and how they are deluded. (I'm not saying that you're saying that :)) No one expects that. What people are rightfully optimistic about is that the team and the player have shown that Hunt can be expected to be in the 15 to 20 point range more often than not. Given that he doesn't have that suspension issue looming over him, all else being equal I'd take him over Elliott. But some of that is how I'm feeling this season. I spent all of last season trying to patch together a RB corps and worrying about injuries and crap. Don't want that this year. Hunt is my guy.

I think the best answer may come down to roster construction. I'd say Zeke if you are deep at RB, and Hunt if you're not. Hunt may not be a top 3 back ros, but I'd say top 10 is really safe bet, assuming health. Elliot is a safe bet to be a top 3 back if he plays, but that's obviously in question. Zeke you probably want a solid 3 or 4th back sitting on your bench to feel safe. Hunt, you just need West imo.

I think the best answer may come down to roster construction. I'd say Zeke if you are deep at RB, and Hunt if you're not. Hunt may not be a top 3 back ros, but I'd say top 10 is really safe bet, assuming health. Elliot is a safe bet to be a top 3 back if he plays, but that's obviously in question. Zeke you probably want a solid 3 or 4th back sitting on your bench to feel safe. Hunt, you just need West imo.

That was my thinking. I have decent depth at RB with McCoy, Hunt, Montgomery, T. West and Powell (plus a free agent flier I just took on Chris Johnson this week) in PPR. Start 2 and 1 flex. Other guy has Elliot, Ingram (who he tried to deal me with Keenan Allen for Hunt and Crabtree), C. Thompson, Alfred Morris and Kamara. I would be willing to do Hunt for Elliot but I don't think I would be willing to do Elliot for Hunt if I were him.

I'll take the dude that just dropped 2,000 total yards and 16 TD in 15 games on his rookie campaign.

It's tough to bet against that.... even if he is a moron off the field.

I have Hunt, Zeke, Ajayi, and keeping McFadden. Not just the 6 games, but I don't trust Zeke not to do another stupid thing to get suspended even on top of what is looming.

The Zeke, that boy can eat.

It's tough to bet against that.... even if he is a moron off the field.

How exactly is he a moron off the field? Do you know any of the details of what happened?

Hunt might have hit the rookie wall.

His production falling faster than a midwestern chick scrambling for her whopper.

Zeke been playing lights out.

Then again, the suspension might finally be here.

Hunt might have hit the rookie wall.

His production falling faster than a midwestern chick scrambling for her whopper.

Zeke been playing lights out.

Then again, the suspension might finally be here.

Rookie wall? He played against Denver. Did Elliott hit his rookie wall in week 2 this year when he had 9 rushes for 8 yards?

The Zeke isn't a rookie.

You must have taken last year off from watching the NFL.

Id take Elliot first or second overall next season if he serves all the games this year. Bell next to him and DJ will be iffy considering a likely QB downgrade.

The Zeke isn't a rookie.

You must have taken last year off from watching the NFL.

I wasn't being literal. Jeez. Elliott had 9 rushes for 8 yards against Denver. I was just commenting on the rookie wall statement since some were accusing Hunt of that. He played against Denver and did better than Elliott did earlier.

Id take Elliot first or second overall next season if he serves all the games this year. Bell next to him and DJ will be iffy considering a likely QB downgrade.

Now if Bell does stay with Pitt don't you see a QB down grade with him also. M

I think your right on about the Zeke being number one going into this next offseason at Rb.

And I agree about DJ but I think Bell could be in the same postion.

I wasn't being literal. Jeez. Elliott had 9 rushes for 8 yards against Denver. I was just commenting on the rookie wall statement since some were accusing Hunt of that. He played against Denver and did better than Elliott did earlier.

Yeah I know, I was just kidding with ya.

Rookie wall? He played against Denver. Did Elliott hit his rookie wall in week 2 this year when he had 9 rushes for 8 yards?

Haven't scored a TD since week 3.

Haven't rushed for over 100 yards since week 5.

Avg yards per carry is below 3.3 yards per carry the last 4 weeks.

week 6 - 9 carries for 27 yards against Pitts

week 7 - 18 carries for 87 yards against Oak

week 8 - 22 carries for 46 yards against den

Welcome to the "ROOKIE WALL".

Haven't scored a TD since week 3.

Haven't rushed for over 100 yards since week 5.

Avg yards per carry is below 3.3 yards per carry the last 4 weeks.

week 6 - 9 carries for 27 yards against Pitts

week 7 - 18 carries for 87 yards against Oak

week 8 - 22 carries for 46 yards against den

Welcome to the "ROOKIE WALL".

Add in his overall production. Also, I didnt know rookies hit a wall after 5 weeks. if you dont like gim fine

But that is just weird.

Add in his overall production. Also, I didnt know rookies hit a wall after 5 weeks. if you dont like gim fine

But that is just weird.

Rookie wall is just that...a wall.

It could be week 2, week 8, week 10...but rest assure the wall is real.

If he has another subpar performance carrying the rock this week, be prepare to sell.

Rookie wall is just that...a wall.

It could be week 2, week 8, week 10...but rest assure the wall is real.

If he has another subpar performance carrying the rock this week, be prepare to sell.

So elliott hit a "rookie wall" in week 2 this year against denver? Also, didn't Hunt tie or make a new record for rookie 100+ yard games to start a year?

So elliott hit a "rookie wall" in week 2 this year against denver? Also, didn't Hunt tie or make a new record for rookie 100+ yard games to start a year?

And rest assured Hunt will be on the field for the next 6 weeks barring injury. Why? Because he's not elliott.

I just think it's teams figuring out how to attack the KC offense and how to try and stop them. It's now both Hunt's and KC's job to figure out something new. I don't think it's a "wall".

I just think it's teams figuring out how to attack the KC offense and how to try and stop them. It's now both Hunt's and KC's job to figure out something new. I don't think it's a "wall".

Agreed. Hunt was fast and sharp in the game against Denver. But Walter Payton in his prime could not have gotten much more under the pressure I saw in that game. Also, KC won the game. Dallas lost the week 2 game with elliot's massive 8 yards on 9 carries.

Now let's not get silly here. The "rookie wall" label is for rookies only.

Week 2 for Elliott would be defined as a "Poor outing".

Now let's not get silly here. The "rookie wall" label is for rookies only.

Week 2 for Elliott would be defined as a "Poor outing".

"Poor outing" inferring what by the quotes used here?

So far Hunt has 14 more points than elliott in a ppr this year. elliott has 1 less game played so its fairly even up to this point. Call it what you want. elliott will finish light years behind Hunt this year.

"Poor outing" inferring what by the quotes used here?

Nothing but a hiccup. That's all.

Have you seen Elliott's last 4 games?

578 yards rushing, 6 rushing TD

160 yards rec'ing, 2 TD

So far Hunt has 14 more points than elliott in a ppr this year. elliott has 1 less game played so its fairly even up to this point. Call it what you want. elliott will finish light years behind Hunt this year.

Light years away?

No eff'n way...not based on currently trend and if they both end up playing for the entire season.

If the 2nd circuit rules against the suspension tomorrow and guarantees Elliott will play all year, you would take Hunt over him still?

Nothing but a hiccup. That's all.

Have you seen Elliott's last 4 games?

160 yards rec'ing, 2 TD

So? The early games count as much as the middle games last I checked. Was elliott preoccupied or not ready to play the first few games? Doesn't sound very professional. Oh, and I wonder if Hunt is going through suspension problems? He must not be as good as elliott then. Gotta keep up the street cred in FF I guess for it to count in the standings at the end of the year.

So? The early games count as much as the middle games last I checked. Was elliott preoccupied or not ready to play the first few games? Doesn't sound very professional. Oh, and I wonder if Hunt is going through suspension problems? He must not be as good as elliott then. Gotta keep up the street cred in FF I guess for it to count in the standings at the end of the year.

Oohh. Maybe elliott had a sophmore slump. Is that it?

That's the whole concept of the rookie wall. :nono:

The most recent games COUNT MORE than the earlier games.

Oohh. Maybe elliott had a sophmore slump. Is that it?

Again, the most recent set of games decide if it's a slump or not.

Zeke's last few weeks are as good as it gets for a starting RB.

160 yards rec'ing, 2 TD

That's the whole concept of the rookie wall. :nono:

The most recent games COUNT MORE than the earlier games.

Ok. So elliott gets negative ypc avg againt Denver in week 2 and Hunt struggles but does better in week 8 than elliott did in week 2, and thats labeled as a rookie wall?

Ok. So elliott gets negative ypc avg againt Denver in week 2 and Hunt struggles but does better in week 8 than elliott did in week 2, and thats labeled as a rookie wall?

:nono:

Rookie wall isn't a correlation of two players.