Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

**OFFICIAL NCAA FOOTBALL**

It's that time. Who you got? Favorite team? Conference? Bold predictions?

My Boilers start tonight. I'm hoping for a 6-7 win season. Back to a bowl game. The bar is low. Drew Brees isn't walking back through those doors.

Clemson national champs.

If you listen to all the Aggie fans around here....... A&M is going 14-0, National Champs.

Uh, no - Jimbo or not.

Seeing a lot of high pre-season praise for Michigan State. Human nature as a Spartan fan is to temper that a bit. I can see them having a double digit win season, contending for their division and conference championship AND making the playoffs. I can also see them going 8-5 and playing in some BS bowl on Christmas Day or whatever.

Lets go Clemson. Brings us home another national championship. Cant wait for this Saturday. Its officially tailgating season

Seeing a lot of high pre-season praise for Michigan State. Human nature as a Spartan fan is to temper that a bit. I can see them having a double digit win season, contending for their division and conference championship AND making the playoffs. I can also see them going 8-5 and playing in some BS bowl on Christmas Day or whatever.

Was telling a co worker today I am not buying into the hype for them. Maybe it's years of disappointment but man, I don't see it. I even am a little worried about Michigan for the first time in a decade

• Like 1

Was telling a co worker today I am not buying into the hype for them. Maybe it's years of disappointment but man, I don't see it. I even am a little worried about Michigan for the first time in a decade

Its the nature of most Spartan fans, Mike. Unlike Michigan fans that think they are a juggernaut that's gonna go undefeated every year.

Its the nature of most Spartan fans, Mike. Unlike Michigan fans that think they are a juggernaut that's gonna go undefeated every

I know I know..it does make it pleasurable when Michigan goes down. I will probably watch the game ND game Sat..Would love to see them lose the first one so we can have a whole season of Harbaugh's ass on the line..That's fun.

I just dont like college football, I like the PI rule and some of the pageantry that goes with the games, but its a complete sham.

*shrug* I'm a Michigan fan and I can't even remember the last time I thought they would contend for the national title in August. I considered the possibility of reaching the title game on the couple occasions where they were in the top 5 late in the year, but I generally expected them to blow it against OSU if not sooner.

*shrug* I'm a Michigan fan and I can't even remember the last time I thought they would contend for the national title in August. I considered the possibility of reaching the title game on the couple occasions where they were in the top 5 late in the year, but I generally expected them to blow it against OSU if not sooner.

Your defense is gonna be fantastic this year. If the O line becomes decent and Patterson isn't a turnover machine the sky could be the limit. Schedule is tough though for sure. If they get through ND, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Penn State and Ohio State they deserve all the praise in the world.

Anyone grilling out or doing anything tomorrow? I plan on laying it down on the grill and making a few other things such as dips. Love this time of year. Just sucked Clemson is playing freaking Furman tomorrow but oh well. Plenty of other good games on

Not really a Tennessee fan..and West Virginia should beat them easily...but I love the smack talk in college football and this call...

https://twitter.com/swainevent/status/1035174692494159872?s=21

I am a vols fan. But weve been bad so long I dont even pay attention anymore. I dont even know who the coach is after that clusterfock of a search.

Arizona State, the Herm Edwards train leaves the station tonight. :banana:

Actually the cupboard is pretty bare, I just hope we don't completely suck. :(

Got some jalapeños soaking in water to bring out the spice (wife hates it when they are spicy) then gonna throw some cream cheese, shredded cheese, and ground sausage in them and throw them on the grill. Got sliders ima be doing. Homemade french fries. Brats ima throw on the grill and will sauté some onions and peppers to put on them

The Auburn Washington game was a good one. I wanted to see Appalachian St bump off Penn St at Happy Valley, but it wasnt meant to be

Same. That missed FG hurt bad

Ohio State has a real QB. Lock them in for a semi finals spot.

Texas looked average at best today at Maryland. Don't understand any hype there.

Michigan with no offensive line...again. In before another 8-5 season.

Harbaugh is wishing Kapernick still had college eligibility.

An overrated Michigan team loses to a team that's notoriously ranked to high, that sucks. I always want Notre Dame removed from playoff discussion as soon as possible. Their schedule is weak as shitt this year, so they might sneak into the BCS. I hope one of these football powerhouses upset them:

Ball State

Vanderbilt

Wake Forest

Pittsburgh

Navy

Northwestern

Syracuse

And their 5 "ranked" teams, a couple are always overrated since they are from the PAC 12. Stanford and USC. So that puts all the pressure on Florida St. and Virginia Tech. Nobody wants to watch ND get blown out again in a high profile bowl game. Like the 2013 Bama 42 ND 14 snooze fest. If there is a god, he wont allow ND anywhere near a BCS game. But I also thought if there was a God, he wouldn't let Catholic Priests diddle kids either.

Alabama vs Georgia once again in the title game.

As long as Tagovailoa doesn't get hurt, Saban is getting ring number seven. He finally has a great passing game.

Arizona State, the Herm Edwards train leaves the station tonight. :banana:

Actually the cupboard is pretty bare, I just hope we don't completely suck. :(

Well, they beat up on UTSA 49-7, which arguably they are supposed to do, but two years ago they only beat them by 4, and see teams like App St vs. PSU. So I'm on the train for now. Let's see if they show up vs. #11 MSU this week (who also underwhelmed). My wife is a Wolverine but we have some MSU family so let the smack talk begin! Wife and I just bought tickets to the game. Fock Sparty! :banana:

Nice to see the Fighting Irish get the win. Shouid be a good season

Nice to see the Fighting Irish get the win. Shouid be a good season

I've probably told this story before but whatever... wife and I met in 89, and she threw a party for the UM/ND game. She was a UM grad, I had gone to HS with a freshman sensation for ND named Raghib "Rocket" Ismail. In that game I think Rocket returned two punts or kicks for TDs, and ND won. Wife and I started dating the next year, and ND won every game thru 92 when Rocket graduated. In the fall of 93, wife and I were living together and getting married that October (it will be 25 years in a month!). Michigan was finally favored, and the week of the game she and I had the following exchange:

Her: Ready for the big game this weekend?!

Me: What game?

Her: UM/ND!!!!!

Me: I'm not really a ND fan. I just rooted for them because Rocket was there.

Her: You WILL root for ND and you WILL let me enjoy UM beating you. :angry:

Me: Mkay. :unsure:

I believe this is part of why we are married almost 25 years. :D

An overrated Michigan team loses to a team that's notoriously ranked to high, that sucks. I always want Notre Dame removed from playoff discussion as soon as possible. Their schedule is weak as shitt this year, so they might sneak into the BCS. I hope one of these football powerhouses upset them:

Ball State

Vanderbilt

Wake Forest

Pittsburgh

Navy

Northwestern

Syracuse

And their 5 "ranked" teams, a couple are always overrated since they are from the PAC 12. Stanford and USC. So that puts all the pressure on Florida St. and Virginia Tech. Nobody wants to watch ND get blown out again in a high profile bowl game. Like the 2013 Bama 42 ND 14 snooze fest. If there is a god, he wont allow ND anywhere near a BCS game. But I also thought if there was a God, he wouldn't let Catholic Priests diddle kids either.

Good God man, get it together..

ND won, should have been a blow out. If ND wins out only a retard would keep them out of the final 4. If they don't, you won't have to worry about it.

HTH

Good luck finding other programs that play more than 5 ranked teams.

Good God man, get it together..

ND won, should have been a blow out. If ND wins out only a retard would keep them out of the final 4. If they don't, you won't have to worry about it.

HTH

Good luck finding other programs that play more than 5 ranked teams.

I don't take reversable jacket fans opinions seriously, but ok. It's not the "5 ranked teams". It's the non conference (which ND has none) type schedule. I laid it out. Most major programs play 4,5,6 ranked teams a year. Most don't get to pick the other 7,8,9 like ND does. And they picked some doozies!!

ND non ranked opponents are horrible. All of them. ND should finish with no more then 1 loss now. Then get embarrassed again in the BCS. They are constantly overrated. Everyone knows this except IU basketball fans and ND football fans.