Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** 2016 NFL Draft Round 1 - Discussion Thread **

Raiders were in desperate need for secondary - makes sense.

A month ago this kid was mocked in the late second round. He has been FLYING up the board, and rumors this morning on Raider boards had us turning in his name. Reggie Mckenzie knows what he is doing. I'll bet they tried to trade back, but couldn't find a good deal.

Again, the real value in this draft is rounds two and three. Those teams that don't have 2nd and/or 3rd rounders are focked.

the real talent/value is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Value maybe. Talent is a different animal. The top LBs have bad knees. The top corners look meh. The Wrs look weak. Haven't heard of any killer safety. Might just be one of those years. Hell, everyone went nuts over Goff and Wentz...who?

Like the pick the Saints made for Rankins . He was a very good pick plus a big need pick .

1.15 - Browns select Corey Coleman, WR

disappointing.

They have pulled an oakland Raiders. They pick the fastest WR in the draft and pay no attention to the other stuff.

guy doesnt block. isnt a good route runner, pulls a Moss when hes not the first or second option on a pass play.

I was hoping for a WR for RG3 but this is a bad choice.

Talk about reaches, Decker at 16 is a reach. Detroit wanted Conklin badly, the Tunsil news hosed them as Miami probably would've went CB.

disappointing.

They have pulled an oakland Raiders. They pick the fastest WR in the draft and pay no attention to the other stuff.

guy doesnt block. isnt a good route runner, pulls a Moss when hes not the first or second option on a pass play.

Up till now, they played it perfect. But you knew given nuff time and rope, they'd hang themselves and fock up.. Least they came thru on that.

Hell, everyone went nuts over Goff and Wentz...who?

The Rams and Eagles.

Up till now, they played it perfect. But you knew given nuff time and rope, they'd hang themselves and fock up.. Least they came thru on that.

yeah, they coulda had Doctson or treadwell. either would have been 10 times the WR of this guy, and has a good attitude to boot. Even Boyd may be better.

disappointing.

I'll bet you $100 right now Oakland makes the playoffs this year. We can paypal anybody you choose on this board to hold the money if you don't trust me?

Luck prolly told them that he was tired as hell peeling himself off the turf.

Good pick.

a little early I think, but he does fill a definite need. They probably could have traded down a couple of picks and still got him.

but I'm glad they addressed the O line.

OMG, wtf is going on in Giants land? Even Philly is laughing at that.

No idea. Stil trying to digest it. The only thing I can see is moving DRC to free safety. And that's a stretch. Oh well, unless the Giants are picking late next year, Reese won't be around to screw up our top ten pick next year. When the Cowboys passed on Ramsey I wanted the Giants to go for it and move up. Jack being hurt and Tunsel being a moron didn't help. Still.

How is Shaq Lawson still on the board? Can't believe that fat fock Buddy's Son scored him.

a little early I think, but he does fill a definite need. They probably could have traded down a couple of picks and still got him.

Have to have someone willing to trade up. Who is a must have still on the board worth dealing a 2nd or 3rd for? Maybe for Cook or Lynch, maybe.

I'll bet you $100 right now Oakland makes the playoffs this year. We can paypal anybody you choose on this board to hold the money if you don't trust me?

Someone else can take that bet. I know you dont like the comment, but you cant deny the Raiders pulled this kind of thing for years while the old man was around.

I'm the first to admit the team actually looks like a team now. I figure the odds are about even that they make the playoffs. This year they may have made one of the best possible picks they could have.

How is Shaq Lawson still on the board? Can't believe that fat fock Buddy's Son scored him.

Shoulder concerns and fears.

Shawn joins Sammy Watkins in Buffalo. Great player. Sad to see he is going to the bills

Someone else can take that bet. I know you dont like the comment, but you cant deny the Raiders pulled this kind of thing for years while the old man was around.

I'm the first to admit the team actually looks like a team now. I figure the odds are about even that they make the playoffs. This year they may have made one of the best possible picks they could have.

The 'old man' died five years ago? No worries, can't expect everyone to see it. Most will by end of this year.

Skins trade pick to Houston. Love it. Get tons of picks. I love McCloughan so far. A steal from Seattle.

Skins trade pick to Houston. Love it. Get tons of picks. I love McCloughan so far. A steal from Seattle.

They move down 1 spot, pick up a future 6th - not sure was a stockpile heist.
  • Like 1

Apparently not tons of picks:

Washington Redskins @Redskins

****TRADE ALERT**** #Redskins trade No. 21 pick to Houston for No. 22 pick.

Alright fellers, you heard it here first:

The Cowboys finally came through with a good pick. That offense is built for the run game, and they needed another Dorsett/Emmitt/Murray. Elliot (if he stays healthy) is gonna be a dominant force, and be at least top 7 this year......maybe top 5.

McFadden's name will not be spoken much in FF circles this year. He was decently good last year because of that o-line, and will make a great back up/COP guy.. Alf will rarely see the field, if he even remains a Cowboy. It may take a few weeks to get his seas-legs under him.....but then "Double E" will run wild.

(btw, I am not a Cowboy fan)

Alright fellers, you heard it here first:

The Cowboys finally came through with a good pick... Elliot (if he stays healthy) is gonna be a dominant force, and be at least top 7 this year......maybe top 5.

McFadden was the 4th best last year, with back up qbs and no Dez - he better be top 2.

McFadden was the 4th best last year, with back up qbs and no Dez - he better be top 2.

Well, we are talking about a rookie. That can't be ignored.

McFadden did look pretty good behind that line, but didn't find the endzone enough. Double E will.