Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Stock guys...

I see TRTC is down about 50% since June of 16. :thumbsdown: I didn't look at the others. Did you get out of it? Still holding? Any of the others on your list doing well?

Just curious.

I just checked CBDS. That is up about double from Jun of 16. :thumbsup:

I did notice that both of the tickers I referenced were down considerably over the past 5 days. Is this based on any news or just???

Canadian pot stocks are really the better plays right now. US companies are not all that desirable

pretty much this.

i havn't made great decisions in my 401k since right around the election and even mine is up almost 9% YTD

I've made hits on the individual stocks ive bought and sold and then I have some more speculative holds that are down overall but up since Trump took office.

The only stock that is down for me is Twitter. Which is no suprise. They are so cucked.

Anyone have any good ideas for a short term trade? I have a little chunk of money sitting in a capitalone savings account tied to my personal investing account just waiting to invest. Was considering AMD. Also Sprint if they wind up getting bought out by T Mobile.

I'm looking for something that isn't currently priced too high and has the ability to jump a few dollars per share by the end of Q2

Anyone have any good ideas for a short term trade? I have a little chunk of money sitting in a capitalone savings account tied to my personal investing account just waiting to invest. Was considering AMD. Also Sprint if they wind up getting bought out by T Mobile.

I'm looking for something that isn't currently priced too high and has the ability to jump a few dollars per share by the end of Q2

Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel.

US Steel

So a little update. Thus far for 2017, my deferred retirement account is up 7.78%. I'm pretty happy with that so far for sure as we're only 5.5 months into the year.

So this season investment strategy I'm using the main goal is to string positive months together. My goal is at least a 1% cumulative growth rate per month for at lease 12% per year.

If I can do that for the next 8 years I should be set for early retirement.

Shoot.. if I can even average 9% for the next 8 years, taking into account my pay will probably go up 1% a year via COLA increases and step increases, I should have roughly $790k.

If I can hit my target 12% rate of return I'd be closer to $950k... and then my pension + Social Security.

Using this program last year got me 14% Cumulative Aannual Growth Rate(should have been 17% but I listen to some sh!t advice and got off the plan for 1 month and ended up missing the 3% I would have gotten).

I'll go ahead and admit I didn't realize just how much difference 3% points influence a balance over 8 years. It's the difference of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Crazy....

So.... I'll update down the road and we'll see where I'm at.

I know several of you play stocks... I'm not great at picking. I'd rather just jump on a program and stick with it. The one I'm on now has averaged a CAGR of:

Last 20 Average 16.45% CAGR 15.06% Pos/Neg Rate 18 of 20 90% Last 10 Average 16.77% CAGR 15.41% Pos/Neg Rate 9 of 10 90.00% Last 5 Average 20.34% CAGR 19.88% Pos/Neg Rate 5 of 5 100%

So I'm purposefully being conservative using 9% with my CAGR when I cypher my future growth. If I could actually average the 15.41% it's earned per year the last 10 years I'd be a millionaire. (cue Dr. Pen lecturing me on "there's more to life than money" :wave:).

If I'm going to keep this thread alive updating periodically the next 8ish years, would it be crass to put my current and future balances on each subsequent post to sort of gage what the balance does over time? Not really look at me I guess... but sort of a snap shot of each update? :huh:

I have a couple grand tied up in:

RMHB

TRTC

PHOT

GRHN

CANV

MJNA

ERBB

One will be the next Marlboro of the cannabis industry, and I will be a millionaire.

You guys should've listened to me about this one. Winning!

Just keeping holding. :banana:

edjr I am pretty sure I sent you a DM about this one.

Bump for updates. :banana:

Any individual stocks that geeks are high on? :lock:

You guys should've listened to me about this one. Winning!

Just keeping holding. :banana:

edjr I am pretty sure I sent you a DM about this one.

:thumbsup:

I bought callaway ELY (golf) stock at $14 a few months back, it's up to 19.75 today :o

https://www.google.com/search?q=ELY&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab

still down 3k from crypto though

still down 3k from crypto though

Hang on til 2022. This fella thinks $250,000 per bitcoin is possible.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/bitcoin-price-forecast-experts-cryptocurrency-predictions-a8387571.html

I own 5 individual stocks:

BP (50/50 dividend/growth)

RDSA (bought for dividend, but growth has been good)

WLL (up big in this. Growth only. May sell and put it in OHI)

OHI (bought for dividend only--but just checked. Bought 2 months ago, up 3.2k so, growth has been surprising)

MEDFF (growth only)

The first 4...my advisor recommended. The last one...I bought on my own on Ameritrade.

Hang on til 2022. This fella thinks $250,000 per bitcoin is possible.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/bitcoin-price-forecast-experts-cryptocurrency-predictions-a8387571.html

I own 5 individual stocks:

BP (50/50 dividend/growth)

RDSA (bought for dividend, but growth has been good)

WLL (up big in this. Growth only. May sell and put it in OHI)

OHI (bought for dividend only--but just checked. Bought 2 months ago, up 3.2k so, growth has been surprising)

MEDFF (growth only)

The first 4...my advisor recommended. The last one...I bought on my own on Ameritrade.

I've been in WLL and EOG for quite some time. Very nice returns. :thumbsup:

I'm holding my WLL and just moved half of my EOG into TCEHY. It's suppose to be the facebook of china with gaming exposer and banking to boot.

They drink the drinks, the drinks they drank

I put my money in the bank :banana:

I have been swing trading using the Robinhood app. $0 trades

I've been doing okay. I haven't lost money, but chasing dividens has not grown my account as much as I wanted so I'm going back to what I found succesful. Looking for stocks that are oversold with good news and below the simple moving average.

Also if you're interested in using robinhood. Use the following link and they give both of us a free stock.

https://share.robinhood.com/coreyw494

I have been swing trading using the Robinhood app. $0 trades

I've been doing okay. I haven't lost money, but chasing dividens has not grown my account as much as I wanted so I'm going back to what I found succesful. Looking for stocks that are oversold with good news and below the simple moving average.

Also if you're interested in using robinhood. Use the following link and they give both of us a free stock.

https://share.robinhood.com/coreyw494

:reported:

:reported:

Cool thanks maybe I'll get banned and finally be able to join the cool kids club.