Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

So, La'el Collins...

Signing with the Cowboys. He will play RT I'd assume. That line just gets even better.

Damn that offensive line has some horses. Darren McFadden might even be able to run through it!

Damn that offensive line has some horses. Darren McFadden might even be able to run through it!

His ability has never been the issue. It's the frequency in which he tears his vag.

Listening to ESPN radio in Dallas, the kid was a dinner guest at the Jones estate last night, along with Tony Romo and the entire Cowboy offensive line. Jerry used his ties with Les Miles as well. And to top it off the kid grew up a Cowboys fan.

Actually went to his Facebook page a few days ago to see if he had a favorite team growing up. Did find out that Collins was an Eagle Scout, does charity work with the Boys and Girls club in Baton Rouge, and spent Senior Bowl week with disadvantaged children too.

Their plan is for him to take Leary's left guard spot, which he will, then shift over to right tackle when/if Doug Free goes down. Local over under is Game 6 next season. He's their RT of the future.

It's actually funny, as both the Skins and Giants used first rounders on offensive lineman, while the Cowboys maybe end up with the best of the lot. I personally feel he would have went to the Giants 9th overall without this mess breaking.

For all the years we've heard how Dallas is one player away from a Super Bowl, I'm actually taking that claim now in dead earnest. I think All Day will be a Cowboy by Fourth of July.

• Like 1

Collins is an NFL ready LEFT tackle right now. Very technical in pass blocking, skilled and efficient. His run blocking, while not as sharp, is very sound as well. He'll want to play LT in the NFL, while many teams will undoubtedly wish to project him as a guard.

odd--the few scouting reports i've seen have been the opposite: strong in run blocking, but sloppy technique in pass pro. questionable balance and athletic ability for LT.

odd--the few scouting reports i've seen have been the opposite: strong in run blocking, but sloppy technique in pass pro. questionable balance and athletic ability for LT.

Ditto. He seems the classic power over technique LT in college that usually transitions well to RT for that reason.

I hear you, and originally shared the same view. But check out this article from Steven White at SB Nation. I think White is actually an ex-defensive lineman in the NFL and does superb scouting reports.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/3/3/8112689/lael-collins-nfl-draft-status-scouting-report