Sign in to follow this  
edjr

NFL Week 2 early odds - who you got?

Not to be an ass, but I've been touting Jax's defense for 2 years now.. I've touted them as a QB away from playing games in January.

Not sure where your melodramatic episode is coming from over this.. I simply stated I was really surprised Jax was getting points (at home) in a Week 2 game - now you're talking about overall records and season projections?

Just talking football games and opinions on how to bet them :dunno:

Isn't that what this is for?

Just talking football games and opinions on how to bet them :dunno:

Isn't that what this is for?

Yea, but Week 2, Tenn v. Jax, that's all I'm talking about in this thread.. Not season long projections and stuff.

The season projection talk was about Week 1 gambling overreaction. Which has everything to do with the topic at hand.

But if you just want to talk numbers and looking forward...

Jax won 29-7 vs Tom Savage.

But they were a putrid 3/12 on 3rd down. 4 less first downs than the Texans. 10 penalties. The Texans fumbled 3 times and lost all 3 of them. Mariota really does not turn it over. Jax should have a nice defense this year, I do agree with that.

Then they had long returns off a fumble (53) and pick (67). That is a lot of free yardage. So while Jax got a bunch of back slaps for the big win Sunday, I think it is more because it is Jacksonville, and they suck, so a lot of surprise credit. But the win wasn't as great as people have made it out to be.

Little surprised by the Dallas line.. Very surprised by the Jax line - they're getting points?

This is all I was talking about.. Week 2, Jax getting points against a team they're hosting, against a team with (imo) an overrated qb and have a better defense than... That's all.

This is all I was talking about.. Week 2, Jax getting points against a team they're hosting, against a team with (imo) an overrated qb and have a better defense than... That's all.

Yeah I know. We can discuss or get defensive.

You may be in the wrong thread.

Cruzer is a tad sensitive at times. Good guy though

You seem to be the one upset that anyone would question Jax getting points - not the other way around. Then you went on a dialogue about wanting to project season records and stuff - I was just talking about a game, simple as that.

You seem to be the one upset that anyone would question Jax getting points - not the other way around. Then you went on a dialogue about wanting to project season records and stuff - I was just talking about a game, simple as that.

This is defensive. Remind me I cant discuss bets in a betting thread with you. Wont happen again.

Not being an ass but I look at it this way.

Before last week what would you say for titans wins? 9? 10? Jax? 5 or 6?

So 1 week where titans lose to Oakland and Jax bottles up Tom Savage....now today what is your prediction? You now have Jax as thr better team and think they will win more games?

It would not shock me at all to see jax hand us our asses. They did in our last meeting.

Our run game was sh!t all preseason, and that continued against Oakland. Mariota hasn't looked real comfortable yet this season. The weapons are mainly new.

Lynch rolled our front seven. Now jax has a much sh!ttier line, but who knows.

I wouldn't bet this one at all. Last year was a blowout for each team.

It would not shock me at all to see jax hand us our asses. They did in our last meeting.

Our run game was sh!t all preseason, and that continued against Oakland. Mariota hasn't looked real comfortable yet this season. The weapons are mainly new.

Lynch rolled our front seven. Now jax has a much sh!ttier line, but who knows.

I wouldn't bet this one at all. Last year was a blowout for each team.

I dont totally put it past Jacksonville. I just think going by week 1 is pretty short sighted. In a tight game with 2 good defenses ill take Mariota and that oline over Bortles and that oline and now allen robinson gone for the season.

The florida hurricane rally is an aspect I would maybe take into consideration.

Maybe I have overrated the Titans a bunch.

This is defensive. Remind me I cant discuss bets in a betting thread with you. Wont happen again.

I don't see it that way at all.. You being the first one to reply to my post is what seems defensive to me. Upset that anyone was shocked, or had the audacity, to think Jax shouldn't be getting points.

Packers +3, bet the money line

God I hope so. Packers have a tough schedule and a real tough opening to the season. Gaining homefield steam over seattle and atl would be great

God I hope so. Packers have a tough schedule and a real tough opening to the season. Gaining homefield steam over seattle and atl would be great

Really is...week 1 is like winning 2 games in a way when it comes down to possible playoff seeding.

Getting a leg up on those 2 teams would be fantastic.

I don't think ATL will be as bad opening up that building as they looked against Chicago.

I don't think GB D will look as good against ATL and their Oline as they did against Seattle.

Though...I also don't think ATL D will fare as well against GB as Seattle did this time around. With Cobb looking healthy and back to form...Davante and Jordy and Montgomery running well (at least in that 2nd half)...thats a tough offense to stop (and then add in Martellus Bennett too for good measure).

I still don't feel great about their offense yet. Sort of like last year until they started heating up. WRs still are having a tough time getting open. And Rodgers is missing some guys who are getting open. Maybe it is just me, and hell he passed for over 300 last week vs. Seattle....but they never seem to have on time passing, especially downfield. The passing game largely consists of Rodgers running around and finding a guy who uncovers. Not much on time passing going on.

ATL's offense will be tough in the dome. Gabriel will get a deep ball at least once.

The Cowboys of course. Dak looked great, the defense was great, and Zeke!

Denver by 74

Denver by 74

I look for the line to move.. Getting points, there's going to be a lot of money coming in on the Broncs.. I'm still a bit surprised Dallas is a favorite.

Tough spots for TB and Mia bets. Some may say the week 1 bye gives them 2 weeks to prepare instead of 1. The same say Mia and TB both got a look at their opponents this year while the Chargers and Bears only have last years tape. But then there is the whole idea of shaking off rust. We have Eli saying it was week 1, no big deal. A lot of rusty play around the league. Teams usually progress as the season goes on unless injuries pile up.

I want to lean Chargers -3.5 vs. Miami.

Little surprised by the Dallas line.. Very surprised by the Jax line - they're getting points?

Bombed on 1, hit on the other.. not a terrible showing.

!

I know. They looked horrible the week before. Maybe the O line in Dallas is on the downswing? They probably just didn't fear Zak at all. Looks like he's been figured out.

I know. They looked horrible the week before. Maybe the O line in Dallas is on the downswing? They probably just didn't fear Zak at all. Looks like he's been figured out.

The only time I saw someone running open Dak missed him. Other than that, his guys were blanketed all day. I'm not sure I'd put that entirely on Dak. We have some great CBs in Denver.

The only time I saw someone running open Dak missed him. Other than that, his guys were blanketed all day. I'm not sure I'd put that entirely on Dak. We have some great CBs in Denver.

Dak has to be better, but he's way down on my list of reasons for this ass beating.

First and foremost, the Broncs are to credit. When you have corners that can cover like that - it allows your front 7 to totally tee off, and they did...... Secondly I blame Red Garrett. His team looked totally unprepared and ready to play. I've lost count, but this is somewhere up there around the 50th time I've seen a Red Garrett team looked lost and totally outmatched. I honestly wonder at times if Red ever even watches game film - it looked like he YouTubed a few Denver plays on the bus ride over to the stadium - and made up a game plan from there... And thirdly, I put this on our offensive line. The second coming of the Great Wall got raped like a prison newbie. When you've not time to pass or can't move people off the line - makes it hard to run any kind of play.

A QBs greatness has to do with the size of the window they need to complete a pass. At this point of his career, Dak is overrated.

Zeke don't tackle.

There is that too.. Prolly #4 on my list.. But that unit was gassed, and beat up - secondary guys were dropping like flies.. The offense going 3 and out all day long never gave them a chance.

No, Zeke don't tackle when the other team is running back a pick.