Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Differing political views with your spouse

My wife (36D) and I have always had different political views. Never been a big deal, but with today's polarizing climate it has become obvious that any "discussion" can only end in tension. I've at least finally wised up to cut things off before it gets too heated with just saying "I think we'd better stop talking now".

I hate not being able to have intelligent conversations about current events, but sometimes you have to hold your tongue because neither side can sway the other.

Any of you find yourselves in the same situation?

Not really.

My wife is fairly apolitical at times, which can drive me a little batty because I think it's important to be informed.

But it's really not a very big deal. Our values are similar so usually our politics aren't too far off

My girl doesn't even know what a republican or a democrat is. So we have no discussions of American politics.

Now she's a much bigger dutuerte supporter than I am, so I keep my mouth shut on that one a bit.

Do the cunnilingus correctly and she will be yelling maga and build that wall before

You know it. You should know better than to take the women folks views on these matters seriously.

No, not at all. I am the captain of the household. My wife follows my lead because I'm not a beta .

No, not at all. I am the captain of the household. My wife follows my lead because I'm not a beta ######.

Ive dated just one girl who said and did whatever I wanted. Got old really fast.

No, not at all. I am the captain of the household. My wife follows my lead because I'm not a beta ######.

That's not what the pool boy says.

Or the UPS driver.

Politically we're fairly similar, though she is a registered republican. I think she just followed her parents' lead. In any event, it's not a problem because I largely ignore the news and politics.

Our religious views are different though. She was raised a devout Catholic and I'm atheist. Her dad is very religious and initially refused to give his blessing for us to get married - not because I loathe religion, but because I was divorced.

My wife and I are pretty similar in our political views, mostly apolitical. Although I think she votes for Democrats where as when I did vote(I do not anymore) I voted for mostly Republicans and some Democrats.

I am more of a centrist than my wife. Amd she does not shy from political discussion. Women seem to be more polar than men.

Anybody who has to say he's not a beta .., is probably a beta .

Do the cunnilingus correctly and she will be yelling maga and build that wall before

You know it. You should know better than to take the women folks views on these matters seriously.

This.....times a million.

Ive dated just one girl who said and did whatever I wanted. Got old really fast.

I didn't say did whatever I wanted. I said followed my lead. There's a difference.

Funny how the biggest Muslim haters act just like them.

Nice projecting.

Anybody who has to say he's not a beta ###### .., is probably a beta ######.

Is your wifes boyfriend posting on your account again?

Is your wifes boyfriend posting on your account again?

Seriously, if you have to declare yourself an alpha online, you're a beta.

Sorry.

Seriously, if you have to declare yourself an alpha online, you're a beta.

Sorry.

Nobody cares what you think.

I'm shocked (i'm not) all the liberals on this board are wussy little b1tches.

I'm shocked (i'm not) all the liberals on this board are wussy little b1tches.

Nah...seems everyone just knows you're full of .

Nah...seems everyone just knows you're full of ######.

Speaking of which here is the king of beta b1tch cucks. Like a moth to flame

Speaking of which here is the king of beta b1tch cucks. Like a moth to flame

You're projecting again.

Prettty sure Worms wife has been institutionalized and Shonuff should be. Word.

I've stated here multiple times that my wife is far more right-leaning than I am; in fact half the time I find myself defending a libruhl position to generate interesting discussion. That being said, it would be hard to have a spouse who is fundamentally on the other side. Our super hot yoga instructor is very lefty... OK, for her I'd crawl over broken glass while she quotes Marx, but in general, no way. :nono:

My wife leaned way left when we got together over 20 years ago. She's gotten smarter over the years.

Wife is much farther right than I am. I'm often presenting the left's point of view as devil's advocate. We are fiscally conservative and mind your own business socially.

Wife was always a democrat till Obamacare was implemented. Paying double for healthcare and fawking the middle class turned her. It was a fun transition to watch.