Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

Chip Kelly and Trent Baalke to be fired per Schefter

Most of their players stink anyways, but it will be interesting to see the direction of this franchise if they're pressing the reset button.

They've also gone through two coaches over the past two seasons.

Woof.

Who's got it better?

I think they have to do that though. That organization went south so quickly and they have really zero building blocks only just a few years removed from being in the Super Bowl.

Baalke had to go, and Kelly's too polarizing of a coach to keep on staff and expect to get the best of the best GM applicants.

It's really sad.

I don't know a single 49ers fan that has ever liked Baalke. Dude is filth.

While my sentiments on Chip are slanted due to his time with the Eagles, I don't think he deserved getting fired after one year tbh

• Like 1

Most of their players stink anyways, but it will be interesting to see the direction of this franchise if they're pressing the reset button.

They've also gone through two coaches over the past two seasons.

Woof.

Who's got it better?

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition! :doublethumbsup:

Now bring back Eddie D.

I don't know a single 49ers fan that has ever liked Baalke. Dude is filth.

While my sentiments on Chip are slanted due to his time with the Eagles, I don't think he deserved getting fired after one year tbh

Someone looked at some graphs and said it was not good enough.

The team lacked talent and Chip wasn't gonna fix that and certainly not in one broken season where a bunch of guys got hurt. Getting one year at a place on a obvious and sharp decline is about as unfair as it gets for a coach whether we think the guy is a terrible pro coach or not.

So, does he take an OC gig? Or is it back to college? I can't see him getting another head coaching gig for next season unless someone else looks at some graphs/spreadsheet and sees those qb stats.

He goes back to college. Unless he becomes an OC which leads to a ton of success, he is never getting a HC job again. I think the Niners offense did admirably with two of the worst qbs in all the NFL. Their receivers were dreadful and they lost their starting tight end Mcdonald for the last part of the year.

Chip is back to college. He is too big of a name and personality at this point to be OC - would just be setting up a surefire internal clash or external media issue.

Dude got screwed in San Fran. I don't know if he's any good or not and frankly I lean towards the latter. But why the fock do you hire a guy if he's only going to get one year? On a crap team where you could hardly expect immediate results??

Dude got screwed in San Fran. I don't know if he's any good or not and frankly I lean towards the latter. But why the fock do you hire a guy if he's only going to get one year? On a crap team where you could hardly expect immediate results??

Because you're Jed Effing York, that's why. :mad:

Also, you have to figure this hurts Frisco for their next hire unless someone like the Shannies show up with strict terms of engagement and minumum timeframes to redo a franchise.

I couldn't imagine taking that gig as a new/young coach. And I wouldn't want it even as a retread. Ie: if I'm Rex, I'd rather be cracking jokes with Kurt Warner than to take a(nother) job where I can't 'win'.

It can be a raw deal for Kelly, and still be the right move in my opinion.

When they're interviewing for new GMs, to tell them they have to work with Chip Kelly as the HC is going to alienate many good ones that don't want to work side by side with his type of personality or have their personnel decisions be boxed into such a finite system that has not even proven to work in the NFL. His presence hamstrings their process, and he hasn't done enough to justify taking on that added baggage; whether he got a fair shot to justify it or not.

Have a clean slate, hire the best GM with his own best image of the direction of the organization, and then let him hire the head coach to execute.

• Like 1

It can be a raw deal for Kelly, and still be the right move in my opinion.

When they're interviewing for new GMs, to tell them they have to work with Chip Kelly as the HC is going to alienate many good ones that don't want to work side by side with his type of personality or have their personnel decisions be boxed into such a finite system that has not even proven to work in the NFL. His presence hamstrings their process, and he hasn't done enough to justify taking on that added baggage; whether he got a fair shot to justify it or not.

Have a clean slate, hire the best GM with his own best image of the direction of the organization, and then let him hire the head coach to execute.

Oh yeah they had to fire Kelley. Forcing a GM to keep a coach for an extra year just doesn't work out that I can remember

I would assume Chip Kelly knew this was the most likely outcome and chose to be HC (for 1 year) anyway.

He probably didn't have his ideal choice college last year.

Several years too late on Baalke and anyone with half a clue knew it.

Which means this team will likely never be successful under York.

They shoulda stuck with Mike "Drop your drawers" Singletary.

They shoulda stuck with Mike "Drop your drawers" Singletary.

Man, those were some dark days.

Team needs to completely clean house & start over. Wish we could get rid of York too. York needs a coach on how to be an owner & puts the emphasis on winning football games. I still don't think York belongs in football. He's consistantly ruining this storied franchise.

They need total rebuild top to bottom both management and players. Keep Hyde but with the injuries and mass exodus of players who seen the m writing on the wall, they have a long way to go to climb back to the top of the sport.

They need a complete braintrust board of guys thay KNOW football & show Jed York how to get his head outta his arse & focus on winning football instead of lining his pockets.

Not sure whether that'll ever get done with York there, but I pray for the best.

• Like 1

Never did like Baalke, as has been said, and I'll give Kelly a pass but he's not the right guy. All I know is a LOT of people dislike YORK as well. He better start gettin' things right now or he might get lynched at halftime of the 1st game next year. I'm gonna give York a C'MON MAN, ae the right decisions or 2017 could be your worst year in many different forms. He might wanna consider having a sophisticated bug out hole to hide in for a while otherwise💩

Never did like Baalke, as has been said, and I'll give Kelly a pass but he's not the right guy. All I know is a LOT of people dislike YORK as well. He better start gettin' things right now or he might get lynched at halftime of the 1st game next year. I'm gonna give York a C'MON MAN, ae the right decisions or 2017 could be your worst year in many different forms. He might wanna consider having a sophisticated bug out hole to hide in for a while otherwise

A LOT of people? :)

I cannot think of a single person who likes or respects the man - except, perhaps, another York.

Never did like Baalke, as has been said, and I'll give Kelly a pass but he's not the right guy. All I know is a LOT of people dislike YORK as well. He better start gettin' things right now or he might get lynched at halftime of the 1st game next year. I'm gonna give York a C'MON MAN, ae the right decisions or 2017 could be your worst year in many different forms. He might wanna consider having a sophisticated bug out hole to hide in for a while otherwise

I know a lot of the other owners don't like York, which can't be a good position to be in.

A lot are still bitter about Eddie D being forced out, and feel that York didn't even come close to earning his stripes in his career to justify taking over as owner of one of the premier franchises in the game. Then to see him just do a complete 180 in under 3 years justifies that contempt.

York is not only bad for the 49ers, he's bad for the nfl. As long as he's in control of the team our beloved teams future may bleak. OH THE HUMANITY😢