Sign in to follow this  
Oriole8159

DAVID JOHNSON HURT

8 months to recover. Hopefully high ankle sprain. It's funny. I hate week 17 leagues but I clearly had the best roster and year heading into the championship today....why you ask?

I had DJ and McCoy....

How has that turned out today?

Knee. Severe pain when they were working on it.

Darn. I had heard ankle. That's sad. Well he's young. Bell is still able to do his thing that he did before his knee injuries, so hopefully DJ will do the exact same thing.

Any field reports back ? Fear for my dynasty stud

Fock? Like career threatening? Don't want to watch considering I hated that Napoleon video.

Based on the fact they didn't rush straight to the back, I am guessing it wasn't as extreme as McCallum's (guy could have bled out on the field/had his leg amputated) but it looked almost identical. I'm just guessing ACL + MCL.

Based on the fact they didn't rush straight to the back, I am guessing it wasn't as extreme as McCallum's (guy could have bled out on the field/had his leg amputated) but it looked almost identical. I'm just guessing ACL + MCL.

I heard he walked off?

@ClarkBar1414 @SportsDailyBlog Johnson's left knee forced into extreme valgus (knee collapses inward). At minimum significant MCL injury.

Super early......so just guessing, but I predict that he'll be ready to go week 1 next season. If so, this could actually drop his redraft status from 1:1-3, to 1:6-10.

Oh man I hope so. Come on Davey! I need you in multiple leagues next year. Go to Germany where they get the stem cell treatments. Whatever it takes so long as you don't fail a test.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 17m17 minutes ago

Initial tests on Cardinals' RB David Johnson's knee showed meniscus damage, ACL intact, per source. MRI on Monday for further clarity.

That would be insanely lucky...even luckier than Marshall surviving that hit he took in the Bills game back at the start of the year.

That would be insanely lucky...even luckier than Marshall surviving that hit he took in the Bills game back at the start of the year.

Kinda wonder if that injury didn't have lingering effects. Marshall never seemed close to 100%.

I just saw the injury.

Oh man that was nasty.

Praying it's not as bad as it looked .

Was thinking the same thing Zero. He has super human joints and ligaments

.....or he is just one lucky SOB

This type of incident makes me a LOT more likely to draft DJ high next year. I think this demonstrates that he is A LOT less likely to be hurt for a serious length of time.

We all know some players are made of glass, and some (I think of Frank Gore) are just tough as nails; resilient. I think it's a combination of factors, including genetics, training and diet in their formative years.

I think that there are a lot of players who never focused on good diet in their growth years, and I believe it affects not just connective tissue health and strength, but I also believe it is partly to blame for those who are more prone to concussion.

I now look for players who experience events like this and escape without major injury. I look for talented players who bang their heads hard, and run the concussion protocol gauntlet without having to sit. These are the players that I want on my team.

I agree with your general premise, but this makes me a little more nervous to draft him next year. Hyperextensions/sprains often leads to tears.

I agree with your general premise, but this makes me a little more nervous to draft him next year. Hyperextensions/sprains often leads to tears.

I think that's getting a little too skiddish with injuries. You would probably not be able to draft anyone then :dunno:

Yes, that's true. It's not that I won't draft him (or others with similar issues). Just that I would probably feel better about it if I took Zeke/Leveon instead.

• Like 1

Maybe if this had happened in the preseason, and he had to rush to get back.

But he's got tons of time to rehab. I don't think it'll be a big deal for next year.

How? It's not like it's going to stay torn into next season. His body will be 100% and there will be no lingering issues from this injury. 0%.

Not with the sheer length of time between now and preseason. Video of that awkward twist of his leg was really severe. That he escaped with a fairly mild injury as a result tells me all I need to know about his durability.

Yes, that's true. It's not that I won't draft him (or others with similar issues). Just that I would probably feel better about it if I took Zeke/Leveon instead.

Bell might wear down if he plays a full season :bandana: I like Zeke young and hungry and a owner who wants to feed him

Bell might wear down if he plays a full season :bandana: I like Zeke young and hungry and a owner who wants to feed him

It sounds like you should ask Zeke out on a date.

This type of incident makes me a LOT more likely to draft DJ high next year. I think this demonstrates that he is A LOT less likely to be hurt for a serious length of time.

We all know some players are made of glass, and some (I think of Frank Gore) are just tough as nails; resilient. I think it's a combination of factors, including genetics, training and diet in their formative years.

I think that there are a lot of players who never focused on good diet in their growth years, and I believe it affects not just connective tissue health and strength, but I also believe it is partly to blame for those who are more prone to concussion.

I now look for players who experience events like this and escape without major injury. I look for talented players who bang their heads hard, and run the concussion protocol gauntlet without having to sit. These are the players that I want on my team.

Good points....I will add that DJ is on my keeper league team and one thing that swayed me to keep him this year in a ppr league over Deandre Hopkins....I know I know it looks like the easy choice now but wasn't in August. What swayed me was his Faith in God, i.e. doubt he will be running the roads and boozing it up in da Club. His Family Life....Married with a kid on the way...Humble beyond belief....Arians said he is very grounded and always wants to get better.

With Social Media these days we can study up and see what is important to our players when they are not on the field. Hopkins seems to be a good guy too but I tell ya DJ twitter page. "Just trust Jesus" was a clincher for me when choosing two similar players.

Great guy it seems, works in the Community, need more guys like him.

• Like 1