Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

2016 Brazil Summer Olympics Thread

Felix was hit because the other runner was out her lane. The US protested, rightfully so, and won. They were able to rerun their race, alone, and ran the fastest qualifying time. Was pretty damn impressive considering the strange circumstances.

Thank goodness those girls had the awareness to go ahead and finish that race.. From what they said last night, had they not - their protest would have been denied.

As a result, they are in - but they are getting stuck in the outside lane. But at least their in I guess.

Thank goodness those girls had the awareness to go ahead and finish that race.. From what they said last night, had they not - their protest would have been denied.

As a result, they are in - but they are getting stuck in the outside lane. But at leas their in I guess.

Agreed.

The sprints are always a big deal in my house, my daughter is a sprinter and her ability to do just that is paying for 80% of her college expenses.

The women just annihilated the field in the 4x100 relay. :thumbsup:

And U. Bolt just did the same with all the pretenders in the anchor leg of the men's. :D

And U. Bolt just did the same with all the pretenders in the anchor leg of the men's. :D

So at the last handoff when the Japanese guy and Bolt were dead even......was there 1...just 1 person in the world...that thought Japan had it? Just 1?

So at the last handoff when the Japanese guy and Bolt were dead even......was there 1...just 1 person in the world...that thought Japan had it? Just 1?

Outside of the 130 million people in Japan? Ha, no.

Outside of the 130 million people in Japan? Ha, no.

They probably did.

If it had been the US instead of Japan though, I would have known. Unless we had a huge lead on bolt, it's over.

I would love to see that actually. I want to watch usain bolt have to chase someone down from behind.

More nonsense judging from Olympic boxing. Chinese lightweight woman up two rounds without landing a single punch.

Boxing might be the biggest farce of an Olympic sport simply because of the judging. It happens every Games.

Boxing might be the biggest farce of an Olympic sport simply because of the judging. It happens every Games.

Pretty much any event that's determined by judging is a farce. They're glorified dog shows and popularity contest.

I've been following track since the Carl Lewis days and Bolt is like nothing I have ever seen. It's absurd seeing someone win 100/200's as easily as he does and by the such distances as him.

I've been following track since the Carl Lewis days and Bolt is like nothing I have ever seen. It's absurd seeing someone win 100/200's as easily as he does and by the such distances as him.

He's basically done it at practice speed, never really been pushed. I think he could break his own records had he been.

Pretty much any event that's determined by judging is a farce. They're glorified dog shows and popularity contest.

At least college football is slowly moving away from that model.

Allyson Felix has the sexiest legs I've ever seen on an athletic woman. :wub:

That zhu ting chick on the china volleyball team damn near broke the Serbian setter's jaw on a hit. Serbian looked like she was going to cry.

Why are the divers constantly showering, hot tubbing and wash ragging themselves?

Trying to wash off the ghey?

Sinners.

• Like 1

Why are the divers constantly showering, hot tubbing and wash ragging themselves?

During the last summer olympics I watched Tom Daley showering himself off and I thought he was doing way too much.

I couldn't figure out if he was gay or if he was trying to look enticing or if I was reading into it.

He just seemed very aware of the cameras and was doing the most.

eta,

I forget that I may have to do some slang translation for some of you,

when a person is doing too much or when a person is doing more than what the situation calls for or beyond the call of duty

Absolute insanity here at Carioca Arena 2 where the coaches for Mongolia's Mandakhnaran Ganzorig have protested an officials decision that gave the bronze medal to Uzbekistan's Ikhtiyor Navruzov by stripping off their clothes and throwing them at officials. Have never seen anything like this before. Both coaches are being removed by Brazilian security

:lol:

Mongolian = Dothraki

Ah, the opening and closing ceremonies of the Olympics

AKA: The world's largest collection of shiit we don't care about.

we don't care about:

• What your ancestors wore in the 15th century.
  • What musical instruments they played
  • Childrens choirs
  • Avante Garde participation art that needs a 84 page treatise to explain WTF we're looking at.
  • Pretty much anything you show us that involves the word "culture" "art" or "history"

Her'es a thought: A montage of greatest events for the week representing the greatest moments and athletes - all accompanied by music crafted sometime after the invention of the victrola and not involving neon, constumes, interpretative art or synchronized movement..

Then, end it with a kick-ass fireworks show and get it the fock over in under and hour.

Hey Brazil - you were the first and the longest to have slaves - where exactly is that montage in your program? How about a salute to abject poverty and childhood sex trades? Or perhaps a salute to your impeached President? All followed by a living collage of local school children all carrying representative pieces of flotsam and fecal matter found in the waterways? And maybe as a mascot - Zika the Zebra!!!!

Hoooray!!!!

we don't care about:

• Childrens choirs
  • Avante Garde participation art that needs a 84 page treatise to explain WTF we're looking at.
  • Pretty much anything you show us that involves the word "culture" "art" or "history"

Her'es a thought: A montage of greatest events for the week representing the greatest moments and athletes - all accompanied by music crafted sometime after the invention of the victrola and not involving neon, constumes, interpretative art or synchronized movement..

Then, end it with a kick-ass fireworks show and get it the fock over in under and hour.

Hey Brazil - you were the first and the longest to have slaves - where exactly is that montage in your program? How about a salute to abject poverty and childhood sex trades? Or perhaps a salute to your impeached President? All followed by a living collage of local school children all carrying representative pieces of flotsam and fecal matter found in the waterways? And maybe as a mascot - Zika the Zebra!!!!

Hoooray!!!!

Why am I not surprised you would be a colossal douche bag about this?

Some people myself included enjoy seeing the history. I found it interesting what they highlighted about Brazil especially the first airplane claim. The history of the favelas was neat.

And jesus they did a long montage at the end after we heard Costas do his usual bit. And that was on top of the hour they devoted earlier tonight to highlights.

Trying to wash off the ghey?

Sinners.

:lol: I was gonna go the bath house route but this is much better. Well played.

we don't care about:

• Childrens choirs

Hoooray!!!!

Remind me never to invite wiffleball to any party.

Let's be honest, I don't think you would need a reminder.

Why am I not surprised you would be a colossal douche bag about this?

Some people myself included enjoy seeing the history. I found it interesting what they highlighted about Brazil especially the first airplane claim. The history of the favelas was need.

And jesus they did a long montage at the end after we heard Costas do his usual bit. And that was on top of the hour they devoted earlier tonight to highlights.

Nailed it

If you're party involves dressing up in ancient traditional garb and serving avante garde food art, I'll pass anyway.

we don't care about:

• Childrens choirs

Hoooray!!!!

:lol: :first:

That was funny.

Wiffle, I need to send my neighbors to your house to give you some of their weed to help mellow you out.

The highly anticipated showdown between Lilly King and Yuliya Efimova in the women’s 100 breast did not disappoint the crowd tonight. The USA’s King was out like a light, splitting 29.80 at the 50. Efimova is a great closer, so it was expected that she would gain some ground, but King surged through the 2nd 50 with the fastest back half of the field, splitting a 34.33 on the way home to clip the World Record with a 1:04.13. The former record stood at a 1:04.35 done by Ruta Meilutyte in 2009.

Lilly back at it.

https://swimswam.com/lilly-king-surges-104-1-take-100-breast-world-record/

Excited to see her do well, from me and GoColts neck of the woods.

:thumbsup:

We may have talked about it before on the moon, can't remember.... apologies if so.

Wow, talk about going to shiit in a handbasket. Olympic Village, and it's surrounding venues, have totally gone to shiit.. What a sad waste of resources and structures. Even the golf course has been abandoned, as I predicted it would.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/gallery/2017/feb/10/rios-olympic-venues-six-months-on-in-pictures