Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Should The Lombardi Trophy Be Renamed The......

The Belichick Trophy? They had a local talk sports guy ask this recently. If I had a vote in the matter, I'd say yes.

That would be the dumbest decision in the history of sports. Belichick is a great coach. But a large part of his success was the result of getting lucky with a sixth-round quarterback that turned out to be a top 3 quarterback in the League's history. He's never accomplished anything without him. Very many coaches would have also been great if they drew the card that Belichick drew.

That would be the dumbest decision in the history of sports. Belichick is a great coach. But a large part of his success was the result of getting lucky with a sixth-round quarterback that turned out to be a top 3 quarterback in the League's history. He's never accomplished anything without him. Very many coaches would have also been great if they drew the card that Belichick drew.

There are fifty three men on a team. Brady didn't win five Super Bowls and go to seven by himself.

Yes and the Super Bowl MVP award the Brady trophy.

There are fifty three men on a team. Brady didn't win five Super Bowls and go to seven by himself.

check belichicks record before Brady and get back to me

Name another NFL coach that has come close to his accomplishments. Coaching is just as important as great QB play in my opinion. Does Payton make Brees great or does Brees make Payton great? Same can be said for all the greats. And none of the greats have seven Super Bowl appearances in fifteen years.

Chicken or the Egg.

I personally give each equal credit.

take 1 away and neither is anything

I bet Belichick would not want it renamed even if he won another 7.

Probably not. Let history speak for itself.