Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NFL free agency

I hope Joey signs for a reasonable contract. Cobb isnt a good #2. Adams can be a #1, but the concussion history raises a lot of concerns. Would like to see Jordy back for $5M per year and I would like to see another solid #2 added. I know it wont happen, but its fun to dream.

Cobbisnt a true 1. But versatile and dangerous in the a lot when healthy and can play outside some.

One concussion to Adams though and they will need help outside.

I could see Jordy getting a new deal to stay.

Cobbisnt a true 1. But versatile and dangerous in the a lot when healthy and can play outside some.

If he’s willing to take a discount sure, otherwise there will be a team willing to overpay. I can count on Jason Pierre Paul’s hand how many ex packer WRs succeeded away from GB.
  • Like 1

Glad to see my titans snag butler. We needed a CB. Butler Jackson and Ryan, with Byard should be a solid secondary.

Solid move for that secondary.

Defense should be good.

If hes willing to take a discount sure, otherwise there will be a team willing to overpay. I can count on Jason Pierre Pauls hand how many ex packer WRs succeeded away from GB.

JPP still has two fingers on that hand.

They offered him near the 10 year vet minimum. Obviously he declined. He is already meeting with the Raiders. They already daid their goodbyes. If they were going to bring him back reduced they would have and no released him.

Sucks but Im fine with it. Packers needed cap relief. Ill take Mo and Jimmy out of this.

I love the Wilkerson signing. He, Clark and Daniels...stout front .

Especially on the 1 year deal. You know he is bringing it this year and Pettine will get the most out of him.

Patriots Sign NFL Referee Carl Paganelli To 3-Year Deal Worth $12 Million

FOXBOROUGH, MA – With NFL free agency in a frenzy, the New England Patriots are among the teams making moves to improve their roster.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, New England has signed referee Carl Paganelli to a 3-year deal worth a reported $12 million, with $5 million guaranteed and a $1 million signing bonus.

The move comes after the Patriots failed to beat the Eagles in Super Bowl LII, unable to rack enough phantom penalties to overcome Nick Foles and the Eagles offense.

“We needed to bolster our roster of guys out there,” head coach Bill Belichick told reporters during the team’s media session Tuesday. “We cut a few guys who refused to throw a roughing the passer penalty on the opposing team’s defense even though the didn’t touch Brady, and then in the mix of guys we let go were ones making the cheating too obvious.

“Goldstein should be a good addition here in New England.”

:shocking:

:shocking:

Thats a lot of $ for a guy who couldnt win NE the Super Bowl.

Nate Solder going to Giants from NE and will be highest paid lineman. You figured that was going to happen given that they wanted to give him something like $12M per season and he ended up with $60M+ over 4 years with $35M guaranteed.

Also, Joe Thomas retired.

Nate Solder going to Giants from NE and will be highest paid lineman. You figured that was going to happen given that they wanted to give him something like $12M per season and he ended up with $60M+ over 4 years with $35M guaranteed.

Also, Joe Thomas retired.

Your Pats have been pretty quiet, no?

Nelson will not be with the Pack this year. Count on it.

Your Pats have been pretty quiet, no?

Very much so, although I don't think that is uncommon for them. Last year's signing of Stephon Gilmore is more of an outlier as they don't typically go for the big dollar FA signings. They also don't worry too much about their own guys going elsewhere if the price is too rich.

- Amendola - not much of a surprise given that they have been forcing him to take pay cuts over the last few years and he is cashing in now

- Solder - I think that over $14m (he is getting closer to $15.5) was far too rich for them to pay him that kind of money and he is cashing in now

- Lewis - not sure that he can be a bell cow and they locked up James White at the end of last season as they see him as a better 3rd down back for the money. He is cashing in now

- Butler - everyone knew he was leaving after last offseason when they signed Gilmore. He cashed in big-time anyway.

I think that they have about $21m in cap space and they need to fill that hole at LT and they need some LB and DE help on the defense. Could use a CB as well, but they may stay with the mess that they have there already and hope that some guys can come back from injuries. On offense they need to get some RB help in addition to the line.

I think they are following their normal plan of just watching the craziness signings on Days 1 & 2 and then they see if there is any value left.

The #Jets acquired the No. 3 overall pick from the #Colts for their No. 6 pick, 37th and 49th overall picks in the 2018 NFL Draft and second-round pick in 2019. Major move.

ian rappaport

The #Jets acquired the No. 3 overall pick from the #Colts for their No. 6 pick, 37th and 49th overall picks in the 2018 NFL Draft and second-round pick in 2019. Major move.[/size]

How is this free agency related?

How is this free agency related?

feel free to clutter things up and make a new thread. this is basically the offseason thread.

The #Jets acquired the No. 3 overall pick from the #Colts for their No. 6 pick, 37th and 49th overall picks in the 2018 NFL Draft and second-round pick in 2019. Major move.

ian rappaport

Good deal for the Colts. They dont need a QB and 3 is too early for a RB. Theyll end end up with one of Chubb, Barley or Nelson plus two second rounders.

Im assuming the Jets are now a lock for a QB.

feel free to clutter things up and make a new thread. this is basically the offseason thread.

Then it should have been named as such...

Yeah what a doosh

Yeah what a doosh

Hey listen2me 23 didn't know... No need to be hard on him...

Yes definitely why they traded up.

Good deal for the Colts. They dont need a QB and 3 is too early for a RB. Theyll end end up with one of Chubb, Barley or Nelson plus two second rounders.

I don't get it from the Jets. I know that is a hot spot and they beat the crowd. But why move up March 17th to 3. And run a real risk of ending up with the 3rd QB off the board? I'm sure they tried to get to 1 or 2, but hell break the bank. Do they really just say "we like any of the top 3 guys" "we don't care who we get"

Isn't the whole jobs of s scouts and a GM to actually have a favorite. Not the scraps of the top 3?

Is anyone in the top 3 scraps ?

Maybe. My point is, when drafting and trading up to get a QB, don't you want to get "your guy". Not be at the mercy of who is left? At least that is how I always have viewed it. If you don't have "a guy" then what are you doing in the scouting department? Hell by this move they don't even have "2 guys".

If I am trading a bunch to move up to get my franchise, I don't want to be at the mercy of whoever the other teams do not choose.

I don't get it from the Jets. I know that is a hot spot and they beat the crowd. But why move up March 17th to 3. And run a real risk of ending up with the 3rd QB off the board? I'm sure they tried to get to 1 or 2, but hell break the bank. Do they really just say "we like any of the top 3 guys" "we don't care who we get"

Isn't the whole jobs of s scouts and a GM to actually have a favorite. Not the scraps of the top 3?

Worried that the Bills would get there first. Buffalo is obviously looking to move up again

Worried that the Bills would get there first. Buffalo is obviously looking to move up again

Obviously, but now what if the Giants trade the Bills? And Browns take a QB? Sure they may have a feel that the Giants will sit and take Barkley, but nothing is for certain, especially on March 17th.

They gave the Bills a chance to just leapfrog them. The Bills have plenty of ammo and a really good GM.

It is like some Bills fans. Well maybe just stay at 12 and draft a QB? Yeah just take whoever no one else wants. Sure if you are high on Lamar Jackson and know he will be there. But otherwise that is a crappy way to draft your supposed future.

I could GM or scout. Hey lets trade up somewhere into the top 5 and get a QB. No one in particular, but there should be one available.

Only place for the jets to trade to was 1 or 3.

It would be media disaster in the NY market if Giants give Jets #2 - for shits$giggles say they do and they want Allen at 2 and he goes on to stardom with the Jets and god forbid win a super bowl Giants brass would never hear the end of it.

You had an awful season and your prize is number 2 pick use.

It would be media disaster in the NY market if Giants give Jets #2 - for shits$giggles say they do and they want Allen at 2 and he goes on to stardom with the Jets and god forbid win a super bowl Giants brass would never hear the end of it.

Yeah you may be right on the NY vs NY thing. Maybe the Giants were being a little stingy since it was the Jets. I'm sure the Jets called all 3 teams.

Exactly. The Giants and Jets are never making a huge trade. People don't get what it's like around here.

well, what i think is important about this is that by means of this trade... they are stating they do not need a qb-> hence luck is on a reasonable pace with his recovery.

if they had doubts about luck's future, they would target a qb.