Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Who loses their job in Cincy 1st - Clueless Lewis or Howdy Doody?

Tough call here.

I am not sure Lewis has the wherewithal to realize it's within NFL rules to start A.J. McCarron over Alfred E. Neuman

The white guy

ESPN has nothing to do with the decision

Lewis has the same job security as a Supreme Court justice. And to think, the media was calling for Jeff Fisher to be fired the last couple of years. They were right, but their silence on Lewis tells the story of the modern day media. They go after certain people with Gusto, others get a pass, and we all know why.

Lewis has the same job security as a Supreme Court justice. And to think, the media was calling for Jeff Fisher to be fired the last couple of years. They were right, but their silence on Lewis tells the story of the modern day media. They go after certain people with Gusto, others get a pass, and we all know why.

:thumbsup:

Isn't it time for the NBA to implement a rule where a team has to interview at least 1 white player to sit on the bench?

Just google Stephen A Smiff/ Jeff Fisher. Kills Fisher because he hadn't won a playoff game since 2008. Lewis has never won one.

Just google Stephen A Smiff/ Jeff Fisher. Kills Fisher because he hadn't won a playoff game since 2008. Lewis has never won one.

You can't expect a brotha to beat up on a anotha brotha

That's not in the ESPN playbook

The difference is Marvin Lewis has made the playoffs 6 out of the last 8 years and before he arrived in Cinci they did not make the playoffs in 12 years. Cinci also has the smallest scouting budget in the NFL. He is a great at getting above average results out of below average talent and that is what is needed in cinci. It is not like that team has superbowl talent.

He will be let go if he misses the playoffs this year, which is about standard in the NFL, if you miss the playoffs 2 years in a row you are gone. That is certainly not special treatment.

I have always liked Marvin Lewis as a coach and thought he has gotten a raw deal in Cinci, that front office is terrible and does not help him out. As soon as he is gone that team will be bottom dwellers again.

The difference is Marvin Lewis has made the playoffs 6 out of the last 8 years and before he arrived in Cinci they did not make the playoffs in 12 years. Cinci also has the smallest scouting budget in the NFL. He is a great at getting above average results out of below average talent and that is what is needed in cinci. It is not like that team has superbowl talent.

He will be let go if he misses the playoffs this year, which is about standard in the NFL, if you miss the playoffs 2 years in a row you are gone. That is certainly not special treatment.

I have always liked Marvin Lewis as a coach and thought he has gotten a raw deal in Cinci, that front office is terrible and does not help him out. As soon as he is gone that team will be bottom dwellers again.

Are you Mike Brown?

14 years 0 playoff wins and 7 loses and every single one of those has been on Wild Card weekend :overhead:

3 of those 7 at home. He got them a whole extra 3 home games :clap:

who gives a fock how many times he's been there?

‪Bengals are first team since 1939 Eagles to start a season by playing 2 straight home games without scoring a TD, per Elias.‬

The Texans make the playoffs all the time. Andy Reid got run out of Philly, and he won a bunch of playoff games. The statute of limitations on giving a pass to ML because he makes the playoffs ran out a long time ago. The double standard/racism is clear on this one. Never mind what happened to Tom Coughlin, twice.

One you go black, you're focked.

I would say it's a pretty talented roster actually. They definitely underperform with it.

I would say it's a pretty talented roster actually. They definitely underperform with it.

then they go out and give an extension to Vontaze Burfict

Prior to last year Lewis had had 5 consecutive seasons over .500 and 4 of winning at least ten games, and, as mentioned, 5 consecutive playoff appearances. Fisher hadn't had a .500 team in 7 years, going back to the Titans . In 14 years with the Bengals, Lewis has had 4 losing seasons. In 5 years with the Rams, Fisher had 5 losing seasons.

Yeah, if I'm a Bengals fan the playoff losses are a problem, but to pretend like race is the only difference between Lewis and Fisher is pretty dumb.

Prior to last year Lewis had had 5 consecutive seasons over .500 and 4 of winning at least ten games, and, as mentioned, 5 consecutive playoff appearances. Fisher hadn't had a .500 team in 7 years, going back to the Titans . In 14 years with the Bengals, Lewis has had 4 losing seasons. In 5 years with the Rams, Fisher had 5 losing seasons.

Yeah, if I'm a Bengals fan the playoff losses are a problem, but to pretend like race is the only difference between Lewis and Fisher is pretty dumb.

Lewis has had some really stacked teams, which he was never the GM in acquiring.

Fisher has himself to blame for the sh1t talent he had to work with. (with the rams anyway)

You can't expect a brotha to beat up on a anotha brotha

That's not in the ESPN playbook

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=14547789

"Stephen A.: Marvin Lewis should be fired Stephen A. Smith believes the Bengals should fire coach Marvin Lewis because he believes he lost control of the team and not winning a playoff game under his tenure is unexcuable."

"Stephen A.: Marvin Lewis should be fired Stephen A. Smith believes the Bengals should fire coach Marvin Lewis because he believes he lost control of the team and not winning a playoff game under his tenure is unexcuable."

That's what I get for believing that racebaiter HT

Props on the thread title though eddie. :thumbsup:

Prior to last year Lewis had had 5 consecutive seasons over .500 and 4 of winning at least ten games, and, as mentioned, 5 consecutive playoff appearances.

This is def not to be overlooked... To achieve this, in that Division - that's pretty salty.

But Andy Dalton is never going to get you over the top, and in fact - he looks to be getting worse... Sometimes the best fix is a change, simply for fact that it's new - it's prolly time for Lewis to move on.

This is def not to be overlooked... Do achieve this, in that Division - that's pretty salty.

But Andy Dalton is never going to get you over the top, and in fact - he looks to be getting worse... Sometimes the best fix is a change, simply for fact that it's new - it's prolly time for Lewis to move on.

I'm not saying Lewis shouldn't be canned - or move on - particularly if this season continues like it is, but there hasn't been much of a case for it before now.

Not as loud, not as often. Fair point though.

Let this be a lesson to you. The man is a pathetic liar :(

this wasn't a lie, more of an exaggeration.

Good thing your head is a duplex. Plenty of room for all of us. Lol

Yeah too bad for AJ Green. He is pretty much on the level of a Brown or Julio but he is in Cincy and has Dalton passing off mediocrity.

Props on the thread title though eddie. :thumbsup:

gracias. :D

In 2015, Lewis and Howdy had them rolling with a 7-0 record and headed to playoff glory before Howdy hurt his hand. They haven't been the same since.

The window has closed.

In 2015, Lewis and Howdy had them rolling with a 7-0 record and headed to playoff glory before Howdy hurt his hand. They haven't been the same since.

The window has closed.

:D

Agreed...there is a lot of difference.

This does not mean Lewis should keep his job. He seems to be an average (at best) head coach.

But the comparison to Fisher is pretty foolish.

Yeah, except Fisher went to a super bowl and an AFC championship game. Marvin Lewis never got close. It's ludicrous I tell ya.

All I know is that I've got Green and Eifert and this is focking killing my FF team. :angry:

And$#@! I already lost DJ for 2-3 months. And Howard and Tate are dinged. My super stacked deep keeper team two weeks ago now is barely limping into week focking 2. :wall:

And$#@! I already lost DJ for 2-3 months the season. And Howard and Tate are dinged. My super stacked deep keeper team two weeks ago now is barely limping into week focking 2. :wall:

They will be out of it before he is healed. he is done.

cut him loose!

They will be out of it before he is healed. he is done.

cut him loose!

It's a deep keeper league with no IR, so I will just keep him on my bench all season if necessary. :(

My RB situation is dire enough that I've got other owners offering me crap like his Rawls for my Cooks. JFC. :wall:

It was obvious last night the bengals have completely quit on Lewis.

It sure looks like it. I keep waiting for Mixon to run like a wild man when he gets his touches and it's almost like he's jogging to the holes.

I picked a bad time to draft Eifert and Mixon.