Sign in to follow this  
dats007

Michael Crabtree

I bought into the 49ers hype this preseason and took Crabtree as my 2nd WR. He's been a disappointment (to say the least) and has fallen out of my starting line-up. There are a couple of teams in my league with no WR depth that I've been thinking of offering Crabtree to, but I'm not sure of how I should be valuing him after two lackluster performances.

MY TEAM

Eli Manning, Matt Cassel

Steven Jackson, Pierre Thomas, Matt Forte, Donald Brown, Leon Washington

Miles Austin, Hakeem Nicks, Malcolm Floyd, Donald Driver, Michael Crabtree, Brandon Tate

Zach Miller

Neil Rackers

49ers D/ST

Standard Scoring, No PPR/Flex.

Leave a link and I'll return the favor. Thanks.

Crabtree's value is essentially nil. Alex Smith is still a question mark at this point, so you have no real way of knowing what sort of ball is going to be coming his way and, more alarmingly for Crabtree owners, in an ideal game (Monday vs the Saints), when the Niners put up 275 yards of passing years, Crabtree makes exactly one catch for positive yards. If Monday's game is typical of Smith's ceiling as a QB and Crabtree still isn't getting it done (3 targets total), then I'd cut bait.

I was recently offered Justin Forsett for Michael Crabtree. I'm not thrilled about the deal (does anybody really need TWO Seahawk running backs?!), but it seems like the best thing out there. Anybody have a reason why they wouldn't make this deal?