Sign in to follow this  
graphix28

Anyone else think McKinnon can steal the job this weekend?

You can listen to whomever you want. I was never selling anything, pimping a website or any crap like that. If you think Asiata will finish as a Top 8 TB, good luck to you.

Thanks since he is a waiver pickup and I didn't own ADP I will ride his success as a bonus to my planned roster. They can't all run as impressive as Lacy you know

As an nfl coach I'd be thrilled to have an rb that's started 5 games and scored 3td in 2 of those. Any owner should be thrilled to start asiata as their rb2 or flex.

Thanks since he is a waiver pickup and I didn't own ADP I will ride his success as a bonus to my planned roster. They can't all run as impressive as Lacy you know

There aren't many people that I block on here and it's been since Axe elf, pimp daddy, newpost guy since I've done it.

But It seems that you consistently take things personally and there is an overall condescending tone to your threads. You always have to have the last jab and word on something. That 8th grade sh!t gets old.

Deuces

• Like 1

I'll go back to being a 'lurker' on the sidelines.

Good cause that's what you are best at. Like Asiata is best RB Vikes have

Sooner than later, McKinney Kniles Davis will be the early downs back and Asiata Jamal Charles will be the passing down back and short shortage. Asiata Charles pass blocking skills will get him snaps. I think the easiest way to predict who will get more touches per game will depend on which team they play. A good offense will force Vikings Chiefs to be play catch up and Asiata Charles will be on field more. This is true of any RB combo that has a RB that is weak at pass blocking or catching passes ie Morris and Helu.

Based on last night's game. :thumbsup:

Well, by the same token- Asiata is being defended and labeled a 'TD Machine' after three games this season.

But like you said, these debates are a waste of time...and you're completely correct. My 'honesty' has been questioned, as well as my 'talent evaluation'...pretty funny actually. I'll go back to being a 'lurker' on the sidelines.

No, he also did the same last season:

week 16: 30 carries for 51 rushing yards 3 TD

week 17: 14 carries for 115 rushing (had a 39 yard run in this game)

People will want to believe what they see. I'm sure the owner of Kniles Davis thought he's a more talented runner than Charles base on last night's game. One game does not change the course of months of off season and weekly practices. Take away Mckinnon's 50 yard run which my grandmom can run through and his number would had been exactly what the coaches are saying.

Change of pace running back for now.

• Like 1

What are you talking about? The coach talk about McKinnon being the lead back?? They drafted him as the third down back and continue to say so in every interview.

Speaking at Monday's presser, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer called Jerick McKinnon a change-of-pace back. Sep 29

LOL... Apparently you can't read past the headline...

Fock Asiata he's a slow P.O.S. and any good statisticist will tell you that touchdowns are fairly variable yet yardage is the best indicator of success. There are no "T.D." machines which is why it varies so greatly year to year even among the same players. There's also a player who can get "blocked" yards as opposed to one who will get more on their own.

Long story short Cordarrelle Patterson should start at R.B. (8

• Like 1

Fock Asiata he's a slow P.O.S. and any good statisticist will tell you that touchdowns are fairly variable yet yardage is the best indicator of success. There are no "T.D." machines which is why it varies so greatly year to year even among the same players. There's also a player who can get "blocked" yards as opposed to one who will get more on their own.

Long story short Cordarrelle Patterson should start at R.B. (8

But wait, isn't a TD machine a definition of a player that can get more than "blocked". Goal line carries are the toughest touches in the game because you are running against a stacked defensive line. It will require a player willing to take "punishment" and make contact on the line of scrimmage while driving forward the pile with torque generated by leverage from his powerful legs. :thumbsup:

This is the polar opposite of what they call a "change-of-pace" back which gets majority of the carries on 3rd down while facing very little front line defense. They get what the defense gives them.

So i assume you really meant to say "fock mckinnon".

I think the argument is that given the same situations McKinnon (Patterson) would score those same touchdowns and also gain more yardage total.

Also Asiata had pretty low explosion or size speed numbers but McKinnon's were preternatural.

Yea fucck McKinnon! Cordarrelle Patterson is better. Use him as running back or third down back or whatever. McKinnon is no Cordarrelle Patterson.

This thread is lulz... I'm not sure why everyone gets so worked up... So, you got Asiata off the WW and he's doing great for your team. Congrats! Hopefully, he will continue to do so.

But the hissyfits and player bashing because you hope your guy will keep producing is laughable. It's gotten to the point where actually being a good athlete is an insult. :doh:

It's to the point where people will pull one sentence out of a report to try and prove a point and totally ignore the rest. Or focus on only 1 play or stat to bend the debate into their favor.

There is no unbiased opinion when you own the player and that's what is wrong with FF boards. Everyone just hypes their player and degrades or discounts the other guy because it serves their purpose.

:argue:

• Like 1

But wait..

"Coach Mike Zimmer confirmed that Matt Asiata remains his starting running back.

Finally given a chance to just run the football, freak athlete Jerick McKinnon predictably broke out for 135 yards on 18 carries. But his struggles as a pass protector and receiver will keep him in a change-of-pace role for now. "I hope we can continue to grow his role but I don't think he's going to be an every-down player right now," Zimmer said. Still, the Vikings should be splitting the carries evenly here going forward, with Asiata getting the goal-line work. His arrow is certainly pointing down, leaving him as a touchdown-dependent RB2/3 for Thursday's game against the Packers."
Forget what the coaches say because the folks watching the games are BETTER talent evaluators. Maybe in week 19 he'll be a starter.

Love rotoworlds blurb on asiata recently...'' his arrow is certainly pointing down'' wow. Guy scores 3 tds and his outlook is bleak somehow, even aftet stating in thr blurb zimmers comments that mckinnon is not ready for every down role

I definitely like asiata vs the packers porous run d. The vikes might give them a real run for their money.

I'll Ponder that notion.

Yeah it's not because of what Asiata brings as a runner but what McKinnon lacks as a pass protector.

• Like 1

But wait..

"Coach Mike Zimmer confirmed that Matt Asiata remains his starting running back.

Finally given a chance to just run the football, freak athlete Jerick McKinnon predictably broke out for 135 yards on 18 carries. But his struggles as a pass protector and receiver will keep him in a change-of-pace role for now. "I hope we can continue to grow his role but I don't think he's going to be an every-down player right now," Zimmer said. Still, the Vikings should be splitting the carries evenly here going forward, with Asiata getting the goal-line work. His arrow is certainly pointing down, leaving him as a touchdown-dependent RB2/3 for Thursday's game against the Packers."
Forget what the coaches say because the folks watching the games are BETTER talent evaluators. Maybe in week 19 he'll be a starter.

NO, NO! You have to read BEHIND the headline and use your intuitive powers to discern what the coach was really thinking while he was spewing those lies to the ignorant masses.

Besides, pass protection and catching the ball is so overrated. Just ask any ff owner who has the backup RB, so designated because of his inability to pass protect and/or catch the ball.

Sigh, I digress...

Now, the coach saying they want to "grow his role" is a bad thing...

I have no idea how this is deemed good news for Asiata owners, but it doesn't surprise me at all.

• Like 1

Sigh, I digress...

Now, the coach saying they want to "grow his role" is a bad thing...

I have no idea how this is deemed good news for Asiata owners, but it doesn't surprise me at all.

He had no role. Every rb has a compliment so he finally does. Again. Us loser owners will take his bonus points while they last while others continue to diss 28 pt performances as something bad. Lol.

If being more involved means us loser owners have to deal with another 100 yards and 3 Tds this week too, oh we will take that as such bad news.

But I mean it's got to be a fluke right? 2 out of 5 starts he gets 3tds. I must be on another planet where a guy with that production is a joke around here.

We are debating waiver wire here guys not a first round pick. What standard are the haters holding him to? Must have 4.40 speed be goal line back average 6.0 per carry have pace of 80 receptions and be only rb on roster? Probably best if you didn't sleep on him when you all had a chance to pick him up I think that's the key here. You blew it and are now just hoping like hell he doesn't remain a starting fantAsy rb. I get it

Lol you gals are losing it on your standards for waiver wire guys

He had no role. Every rb has a compliment so he finally does. Again. Us loser owners will take his bonus points while they last while others continue to diss 28 pt performances as something bad. Lol.

If being more involved means us loser owners have to deal with another 100 yards and 3 Tds this week too, oh we will take that as such bad news.

But I mean it's got to be a fluke right? 2 out of 5 starts he gets 3tds. I must be on another planet where a guy with that production is a joke around here.

We are debating waiver wire here guys not a first round pick. What standard are the haters holding him to? Must have 4.40 speed be goal line back average 6.0 per carry have pace of 80 receptions and be only rb on roster? Probably best if you didn't sleep on him when you all had a chance to pick him up I think that's the key here. You blew it and are now just hoping like hell he doesn't remain a starting fantAsy rb. I get it

Lol you gals are losing it on your standards for waiver wire guys

Thanks for your rant! Now go read the previous hissyfit post above!

We are debating waiver wire here guys not a first round pick. What standard are the haters holding him to? Must have 4.40 speed be goal line back average 6.0 per carry have pace of 80 receptions and be only rb on roster?

I know a person on these boards that needs to see that in their RB in order to be a relevant fantasy running back... :huh:

Thanks for your rant! Now go read the previous hissyfit post above!

Made too much sense hit home right?

Good to know I nailed it!😄

About the pass protection thing:

- The Vikes use a fullback, one of the best in the league, Jerome Felton.

Another thing - this is not an either/or proposition. Things are changing in MIN awfully fast.

- Before the season this was supposed to be about ADP, Rudolph and Patterson, with Jennings having a connection with Cassel, and Cassel maybe doing what Hoyer and Campbell did in Cleveland last year, which was capable and occasionally even startable.

- Now all of a sudden much quicker than the Vikes planned, this is TB's team, Asiata and McKinnon are in line to audition to replace ADP a year ahead of schedule, Rudolph is out, Jennings can't get open, and Patterson does not fit TB's skill set but Wright very much does.

I don't see why this offense can't provide value to both Asiata at the goal line and McKinnon to move the ball, with Wright the chain mover, Felton the PP blocker, and Rudolph (when back), CP and Jennings providing value based on matchups.

There are times in a FF season when new value suddenly opens up. Here we are with Bridgewater, Asiata, McKinnon and Wright all falling into our laps, just say thank you and profit.

• Like 1

Made too much sense hit home right?

Good to know I nailed it!

Yes, it makes perfect sense. You are an Asiata owner who acts like a child. Hence, the reference to my post.

• Like 1

Yes, it makes perfect sense. You are an Asiata owner who acts like a child. Hence, the reference to my post.

You cannot dispute the facts, again, I NAILED IT. You slept on your chance to get him and your definition of starting fantasy RB is unreasonable and not achievable in todays NFL.

Thanks for confirmation, when one reverts to name calling they have nothing left. LOL

If and when Asiata becomes benchable, I will do so, until then anything I get in both the leagues I got him in is pure bonus as I was not an ADP owner. While I ride out his success other owners are riding out their dud draft picks only dreaming they had a season of production that Asiata put out in one week.

they are not going to put their rookie QB out there with an inexperienced rookie RB who can't pass protect. helloooooo

asiata will be the every down back for the rest of the year :banana:

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/access-vikings/zimmer-prefers-running-back-committee-with-mckinnon-as-change-of-pace

Just a little more context: "“I think he’s a change-of-pace back for us,” Zimmer said. “We’ll worry about next year [then]. I hope we can continue to grow his role but I don’t think he’s going to be an every-down player right now.”

Week 19.

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/access-vikings/zimmer-prefers-running-back-committee-with-mckinnon-as-change-of-pace

Just a little more context: "“I think he’s a change-of-pace back for us,” Zimmer said. “We’ll worry about next year [then]. I hope we can continue to grow his role but I don’t think he’s going to be an every-down player right now.”

Week 19.

I made the same reference.

:lol:

Everyone arguing for Asiata saw the game on Sunday? Because I am an Asiata owner, he's done great for me in my big money league but I watched that game against the falcons and I watched Asiata vs the Saints. Before I felt pretty comfortable with him for the long haul even though I'm not sold on his talent but man after watching McKinnon (who I don't own) I started to lose some confidence. McKinnon's role has increased significantly, he looks very talented and I can't see his role not increasing more in the future.

I'd be careful getting too attached to your players you have to look at it objectively. I don't see how anyone who watched that game couldn't have come away impressed with McKinnon.

• Like 1

Not trying to start anything but norv is calling the offensive shots, not zimmer. So yes, the head coach knows his team but its up to norv to decide how to use the two rbs. I do not own adp, asiata or McKinnon.