Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Mike Smith is a f*cking moron

So antone smith scores on like 30% of his touches.... WHAT IN GODS NAME IS MIKE SMITH DOING!!!!!!!!!??????? This is beyond fantasy football. If a guy scores on 25-30% of his touches and averages like 20 yards per touch, why in the f*ck wouldnt he get 15 or more touches? It makes zero sense, and if this were davonta freeman doing what smith is doing but getting 4 touches a game, every single person on this site would have a seizure.

For the sake of mike smiths nfl team winning games, what is the purpose of not making this dude the focal point of an offense? This is beyond luck. He has proven that he is one of the most dynamic players in the league and deserves his chance at becoming a regular part of the offense. And ya know what, the fact that no one else is saying anything is absolutely perplexing.

Cousins has a good game and everyone is ready to anoint him. Who in nfl history has done what smith is doing? No one. Ever. Terrible coaching by a guy who is too embarrassed to give antone more touches. Why is smith embarrassed? Because he is the jackass who let antone sit on his roster for years without giving him a real shot at the offense. It would be like admitting he was too stupid to see what was in front of him for years. What a straight up waste of a coach in mike smith. I have never seen anything like what antone is doing, and i am embarrassed for the entire football community that anoints a player for one good game, but ignores the situation in atlanta.

• Like 1

You do realize he won't score at that rate with more touches right? Extremely poor logic employed...

Wow. Did you go to school with the guy?

Never seen someone so passionate about a 3rd Team RB before.

This is exactly what i am talking about. How many on here were blowing freeman before the season started? Smith is doing something no one in the nfl had ever done and no one cares. Why? Why is it ok to ignore the freakish ability of one player just because he isnt high profile, but people get all frustrated if a big name isnt used properly?

• Like 1

Don't hold back, let it all out.....

You bring up a valid point. SJax is done, Freeman doesn't scare anyone. If Smith can be a big play guy and move the chains as well, why don't they put him out there more?

You do realize he won't score at that rate with more touches right? Extremely poor logic employed...

Im not saying he would score at the same percentage! Where did i say that? Learn how to fvcking read. Anyone who scores at the rate smith scores will not do so at a higher rate of carries. But this goes back to last year. Name anyone who has done what antone has done in the nfl ever? The answer is no one. Dude averages over 20 yards per touch.

Remember Jerious Norwood? He pretty much scored a 50yd TD every time he touched the ball it seems.

It seemed like that, and yet its reality with smith. I am not guaranteeing he would be a stud, but if you are comparing the two and saying smith doesnt deserve more touches, especially with the lack of explosiveness in the rb position on Atl, i dont understand the logic.

TLDR, Shorten that shiiiiiit up Frozen

Meh. Its a little long but people can get the premise in the first paragraph. Not my fault everyones attention span sucks.

• Like 1

Lol I understand Frozen's frustration ! It sux when your having a bad fantasy year. Some of his leagues he's probably o'fer. I totally agree Antone Smith should get more touches. He's way more dynamic then SJax or Rodgers. I have to admit I'm not sure how Antone does in pass protection. Giving him more carries seems like a no brainer !!

Meh. Its a little long but people can get the premise in the first paragraph. Not my fault everyones attention span sucks.

Attention span is directly related to beer intake and performance of our real and fantasy teams. If you post after the morning games, this should be taken into consideration. I know, TLDR :banana:

I think they are saving him for later in the season. I predict he'll be getting more and more involved as each week goes by and he learns the system.

Patience.

I think they are saving him for later in the season. I predict he'll be getting more and more involved as each week goes by and he learns the system.

Patience.

This is his 5th season with the team i believe. He should already know the system.

Patience.

I swear we have rules. We still don't have a can size :dunno:

He ran a 4.33 40 at the combine. I suspect he's a guy who has relied on his speed instead of learning the rest of the game but a guy with those jets should be used more. He's 29 btw

He is a 5'9" 190 pound 29 year old runningback with 260 rushing yards in his career.

I am not sure it would be smart to start feeding him the ball 20 times a game :dunno:

• Like 1

He is a 5'9" 190 pound 29 year old runningback with 260 rushing yards in his career.

I am not sure it would be smart to start feeding him the ball 20 times a game :dunno:

You said absolutely nothing that points to him getting the ball more being a bad thing. 20 may be too much, but 4 sure as hell is too few.

I honestly don't think it's age that takes a toll on a running back's body as it is all the blows that they endure. He's a really young 29 if you think about it. Just look at Hester, he still looks like one of the most dynamic guys on the field. Ancient Steve Smith Sr. and Reggie Wayne buried my team this week.

This is his 5th season with the team i believe. He should already know the system.

My bad. For some reason I thought he was a youngun.

I honestly don't think it's age that takes a toll on a running back's body as it is all the blows that they endure. He's a really young 29 if you think about it. Just look at Hester, he still looks like one of the most dynamic guys on the field. Ancient Steve Smith Sr. and Reggie Wayne buried my team this week.

yep Freddy Jax and Rashad Jennings are showing that, while other 29's are breaking down bad

that 260 yards rushing in his career comes on only 16 carries. We never know unless we try.

The only question is who will make an effort to give their dynamic game changing playmaker the ball first, Mike Smith with Antone Smith or Norv Turner with Cordarelle Patterson.

I think the answer is neither. Its a shame too because its fun to see those two pick apart a defense. Both ran 4.33 40s with good agility numbers. Its not just straight line speed with these two.

So antone smith scores on like 30% of his touches.... WHAT IN GODS NAME IS MIKE SMITH DOING!!!!!!!!!??????? This is beyond fantasy football. If a guy scores on 25-30% of his touches and averages like 20 yards per touch, why in the f*ck wouldnt he get 15 or more touches? It makes zero sense, and if this were davonta freeman doing what smith is doing but getting 4 touches a game, every single person on this site would have a seizure.

For the sake of mike smiths nfl team winning games, what is the purpose of not making this dude the focal point of an offense? This is beyond luck. He has proven that he is one of the most dynamic players in the league and deserves his chance at becoming a regular part of the offense. And ya know what, the fact that no one else is saying anything is absolutely perplexing.

Cousins has a good game and everyone is ready to anoint him. Who in nfl history has done what smith is doing? No one. Ever. Terrible coaching by a guy who is too embarrassed to give antone more touches. Why is smith embarrassed? Because he is the jackass who let antone sit on his roster for years without giving him a real shot at the offense. It would be like admitting he was too stupid to see what was in front of him for years. What a straight up waste of a coach in mike smith. I have never seen anything like what antone is doing, and i am embarrassed for the entire football community that anoints a player for one good game, but ignores the situation in atlanta.

You know what, I agree, and as a Saints fan I think it's great.

Rushing: 16 attempts 261 yards 16.3 avg

Receiving: 5 receptions 83 yards 16.6 average

21 total touches 5 TDs for an avg of 1 TD every 4.2 touches

The stats speak for themselves. I dont know why there are people that refuse to buy into it. I just wish he had a different name so people would be more vocal about his lack of use.

If Antone Smith scores on 30% of his touches all you have to do is give him 300 carries - boom, 90 TDs. :bandana:

If Antone Smith scores on 30% of his touches all you have to do is give him 300 carries - boom, 90 TDs. :bandana:

Hells yeah! I was wrong on my initial estimate. He only scores on 20% of his touches.

Edit i meant 25%.

Hells yeah! I was wrong on my initial estimate. He only scores on 20% of his touches.

60 TDs? I'll pass.

Rushing: 16 attempts 261 yards 16.3 avg

Receiving: 5 receptions 83 yards 16.6 average

21 total touches 5 TDs for an avg of 1 TD every 4.2 touches

The stats speak for themselves. I dont know why there are people that refuse to buy into it. I just wish he had a different name so people would be more vocal about his lack of use.

Ya, if his name was like Storm Blaze.... or Speedy Gonzalez, or Rip Rambler or something like that I think he'd get the call more often...

I guess you own A. Smith in a dynasty league :dunno:

I own him in all 3 dynasties and a few redrafts. Hey the fantasy implication is a nice bonus if he gets more touches, but thats not the purpose of this rant. If player X is the most explosive player on your team and you are losing, wouldnt it seem logical to use player X more often? Not sure why i am getting so much blow back... There are many players people fall in love with who if they had the same production and lack of use as smith, they would be saying the same thing.

Ya, if his name was like Storm Blaze.... or Speedy Gonzalez, or Rip Rambler or something like that I think he'd get the call more often...

If his name was devonta freeman then yes, he would be more involved with more support from the fantasy community.