Sign in to follow this  
track 1

week 5 waiver wire pickup

Almost picked up Eddie Royal earlier. Now I might not have a chance...

Who's the RB player to get this week? After Brown's dud, I'm having trouble with my #2 RB. Well, I got Lacy so I'm in a bit of trouble all around.

Hope Ridley fumbles tomorrow so I can use Vereen with confidence.

Evans out? Seriously? What happened?

I'm thinking Devin Hester is getting to that "hard to ignore, despite his history as a failed WR". He's still is just sick, "in open space".

Royal is a tease.

I agree, I don't expect the tds he's getting now but against the jets secondary next week I expect he'll see a fair amount of targets making him viable in .5 ppr for at least a 1 week fill-in. esp since I doubt the chargers will be able to run at all. i'm not going to bid more than a few bucks on him, I imagine i'll be outbid.

Royal is the real deal guys, I know we saw a similar stretch last year, but this year is different.

1) he's now had 14-21-27 pts in PPR

2) San Diego cannot run the ball at ALL

3) SD has a very friendly pass defense schedule.

4) Royal is getting the short targets that went to Woodhead. Mccoy (Chargers HC) said that Royal would be one of the guys to help pick up the slack from losing Woodhead.

5) Rivers is playing as good as any QB in football right now, and they should be good for 25+pts /game

I started Royal week 3-4 and will keep riding it til the wheels fall off

• Like 1

Royal is the real deal guys, I know we saw a similar stretch last year, but this year is different.

1) he's now had 14-21-27 pts in PPR

2) San Diego cannot run the ball at ALL

3) SD has a very friendly pass defense schedule.

4) Royal is getting the short targets that went to Woodhead. Mccoy (Chargers HC) said that Royal would be one of the guys to help pick up the slack from losing Woodhead.

5) Rivers is playing as good as any QB in football right now, and they should be good for 25+pts /game

I started Royal week 3-4 and will keep riding it til the wheels fall off

Royal is the man with Mathews out.

McKinnon

Bridgewater

Jarius Wright

* All of the above of course depend on Teddy being healthy.

Royal

Forsett/Taliaferro

Crowell

Oliver

Denard Robinson

Prater

Injured players if cut or trade for:

Reed

Moreno

Mathews

Ingram

• Like 1

Royal is a tease EVERY year. He does this same thing.

Couldn't agree more. Once he gets on opposing defenses' radar, he becomes worthless. Happens every season.

Not a very good list of names this week. I think I'll keep my waiver position and maybe pounce on some guys that panicked teams drop. :unsure:

Eddie Royal was started by someone in my league this week.

What the fock league do you play in that Royal is available week 5?

I mean he should at least be on someone's bench.

That being said, it's going to be the keenan allen show the rest of the year

• Like 1

What the fock league do you play in that Royal is available week 5?

12 Teamer 16 Roster spots. In those leagues, espcially with byes starting where you have to roster two QB's now for at least a week or so, there isn't but so many roster spots. And he is Eddie Royal afterall. :dunno:

Both Royal and Kerley were on waivers (top choices) and I needed a bye week flex starter this week. I chose Kerley. :sadbanana:

ASJ, the TE in Tampa, got allot of playtime this week. With Evans hurt, he may have a chance.

I picked up Royal this week having AJ Green and Sanders on bye, I will probably throw him back. I need room for a QB week 6 so I can bench Romo playing SEA in SEA. May be a mistake but I think Allen will be the man from now on and you have Floyd and 2 good TE's. Maybe I need to look at it as Royal being the Welker of the Chargers... they throw a lot. And you wouldn't throw in Welker would you ?? uuuhhhgg, I may have to think about this one.

Not a very good list of names this week. I think I'll keep my waiver position and maybe pounce on some guys that panicked teams drop. :unsure:

I'm feeling McKinnon and Wright are good gets. It may take a while if Ponder is out for TNF etc. but I think we saw the unveiling of the TB offense. I am going after McKinnon.

I picked up Lorenzo Taliaferro and Don't regret it, he's in a horrible RBBC situation, but at least he scored a TD and looks productive.

If you need a RB3, that could be a good option.

What's going on with the Panther's backfield? Is Reaves with a pickup?

That's a good one, he might be the man this week. The problem is the panthercats' line looks poor in general and their defense is suddenly having problems. He might be an available starter but he might not do much of anything.

Marvin Jones! Coming back next week from toe injury in preseason. 10TD's last year and he is flying under the radar. Will take a couple of weeks to get back in shape but I am stashing him.

Marvin Jones! Coming back next week from toe injury in preseason. 10TD's last year and he is flying under the radar. Will take a couple of weeks to get back in shape but I am stashing him.

This - for sure.