Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

If Brady has another sub-par outing are you dropping him?

Let's say for the sake of argument Brady throws for less than 250 yards and has 1 TD pass and no interceptions tonight. At what point do you lose patience with his production and drop him? Or is Brady Undroppable? His Bye isn't until week 10, so he could be your bye week fill in for the season I suppose.

If Brady is your starting QB, tight now there are a couple more serviceable QB's on the waiver wire than Brady:

Eli Manning for example.

Thank Dog I have Peyton. B)

Are you of a Buddist or Shinto sect?

I already traded Brady a few days ago in a multi-player swap and got Dalton. I just don't see him being a serviceable QB1 anymore with the weapons or lack thereof.

In my larger leagues, he is on the bench as a QB2 by most of the owners. His points in my leagues have been a whopping 18 per game average, placing him at the very bottom of the QB2 list. That said, I'm playing against him tonight and have a 14 point lead and Gostkowski kicking for me. Never in my life did I think I would have a chance to win a game with a kicker over Tom Brady.

In my larger leagues, he is on the bench as a QB2 by most of the owners. His points in my leagues have been a whopping 18 per game average, placing him at the very bottom of the QB2 list. That said, I'm playing against him tonight and have a 14 point lead and Gostkowski kicking for me. Never in my life did I think I would have a chance to win a game with a kicker over Tom Brady.

Agreed, he was a 3rd round draft pick in my 12 team league, which I thought was way too early. The owner doubled down by drafting Gronks as well, I guess he thought this was still 2012. That's name brand recognition drafting right there.

Not coincidentally the same owner is 0-3 and ended up trading Brady for Cousins.

You never know, Brady could rebound and be serviceable from here on out, but I wouldn't be comfortable with him as my starter.

Are you of a Buddist or Shinto sect?

I already traded Brady a few days ago in a multi-player swap and got Dalton. I just don't see him being a serviceable QB1 anymore with the weapons or lack thereof.

Neither, Atheist.

Anyway, Dalton is playing well right now and has multiple targets and a solid ground game, not to mention a good defense. Good move on your part methinks.

dude he's on my bench until Rivers' arm falls off.

I'm a little guilty of "name brand" drafting (when in doubt, go with the guy I recognize) but I've always done well with that approach. With that said, I got Brady in the 6th and thought I stole him. I feels not so smart now. :doh:

dude he's on my bench until Rivers' arm falls off.

I'm a little guilty of "name brand" drafting (when in doubt, go with the guy I recognize) but I've always done well with that approach. With that said, I got Brady in the 6th and thought I stole him. I feels not so smart now. :doh:

I can't believe Brady was drafted ahead of Rivers in my league. Granted I think the person who took Brady is a total newbie to the league and a Pats homer, but still.

I should have taken Rivers ahead of Romo in retrospect, however I...just...hate Rivers a lot, his stupid herp-a-derp face, and the stupid ball delivery of his where it looks like he's just pushing his arm forward. Ugh...can't stand that guy.

So yes, we all suffer from name brand drafting one way or another at times!

He is my QB2 until after whenever Rodger's bye is. By that point, QBs have a lot less value so he's safe to cut, because in case your starter does get injured (which seems unlikelier the later in the season it goes) you ought to be able to get matchup plays off waivers.

Let's say for the sake of argument Brady throws for less than 250 yards and has 1 TD pass and no interceptions tonight. At what point do you lose patience with his production and drop him? Or is Brady Undroppable? His Bye isn't until week 10, so he could be your bye week fill in for the season I suppose.

If Brady is your starting QB, tight now there are a couple more serviceable QB's on the waiver wire than Brady:

Eli Manning for example.

For ?

I think with the increased snaps of Gronkowski Brady's value will go up. He'll have another yards eater and a phenomenal end zone target. Goes Gronk, goes Brady. He will end the year as a low end QB1.

Fantasy will be detached from reality. NFLN is talking about bradys decline as well. when the pats are 7-2 he still wont be putting up big numbers except wins.

Got him in two leagues. In one, I got Palmer as a backup and he will start as soon as he is back in the lineup.

In the other he is my only QB in a league with only 4 bench spots. Despite that I'm 3-0 and need 9 from him to go 4-0. I've gotten where I am fixing the rest of my roster figuring Brady would come around, but I probably will drop him after tonight. I hope to see enough of the game to see if he passes the eye test.

Fantasy will be detached from reality.

Sometimes that's hard to do!

For ?

FOR ? I said, say an Eli Manning, or a Joe Flacco if he's still available (which he shouldn't be).

If he doesn't throw for 2 TDs thsi week I think he should literally be dropped in all 10 team leagues and should be kept as backup only in 12

To those that have him in your lineups....dont worry Im up 32 playing against him. Tonight he blows up for 400 and 3.

Brady will come around. At worst, put him on your bench til he does. Straight up drop him? Y'all are nuts. He ain't that far removed from monster seasons.

The white midget routine at WR is getting old in NE

still looking desperately for Welker

How much of this is Coach B and the GM's fault? Has Brady been given a legit deep threat to stretch the field since Moss? Coach B's dink and dunk offense is getting sniffed out and passing lanes are narrowing with no fear of anyone gettin behind them.

How much of this is Coach B and the GM's fault? Has Brady been given a legit deep threat to stretch the field since Moss? Coach B's dink and dunk offense is getting sniffed out and passing lanes are narrowing with no fear of anyone gettin behind them.

not sure he has the arm to do that anymore anyway

Ugh... that 3rd and 3 where he stepped up in the pocket and had a clear run for the first but tried to throw 8 yards to Edelman... just awful. Jeebus Tom, run a few yards and get the first down. I'm thinking I'm done with him. :(

Looking like I was wrong. Tom may be finished. Can't throw TD passes to Gronk if you can't get close to the goal line!

Brady will come around. At worst, put him on your bench til he does. Straight up drop him? Y'all are nuts. He ain't that far removed from monster seasons.

He is a couple of years removed from a monster season. The New England line can't give him time. He has no down field threats. Last week against Oakland they ran a formation with 6 offensive lineman on 14% of plays. The game plan isn't to throw the ball around. If the game goes off script like it has tonight the Brady owner might hope that it means Brady will start slinging it for a bunch of garbage points. What you are seeing is that when this team is in clear passing situations they are in big trouble.

I'm tapping out, this dude won't start for me again. Gotta cut your losses and move on.

Ugh... that 3rd and 3 where he stepped up in the pocket and had a clear run for the first but tried to throw 8 yards to Edelman... just awful. Jeebus Tom, run a few yards and get the first down. I'm thinking I'm done with him. :(

If not turn in your fantasy owner card

Got him in two leagues. In one, I got Palmer as a backup and he will start as soon as he is back in the lineup.

In the other he is my only QB in a league with only 4 bench spots. Despite that I'm 3-0 and need 9 from him to go 4-0. I've gotten where I am fixing the rest of my roster figuring Brady would come around, but I probably will drop him after tonight. I hope to see enough of the game to see if he passes the eye test.

If not turn in your fantasy owner card

And... another int. Funny thing is, in that 3-0 league I mentioned above, it is a work league for a company I joined just a year ago. I'm almost glad that I'm going to lose so that I don't steamroll them. Thank you Tom for sucking so much$#@! :dunno:

The white midget routine at WR is getting old in NE

Completely agree. When you give a short white dude 15 targets a game and everyone knows it's coming it diminishes the Welker factor.

still looking desperately for Welker

Edelman has done fine. They don't have anyone on the outside. Since when would the Patriots try and throw a fade route to Welker in triple coverage?

They need outside help so they can leave Edelman in the slot. They don't have squat.

However, Brady is always making some stupid throws.

What haapened do Dobson and Thompkins ? They were supposed to be real deal. They aren't ever on field. Half time they are a HEALTHY scratch... dont get it ...

HOLY mother of dog that was bad.

LOL thus begins the downfall of the Pats. Getting crushed on a MNF game, and Brady on the bench. Never.

• Like 1

He needs some weapons on the outside. This is pathetic. No Line. No playmakers.

He would need to throw the focking ball in the same zip code as the aforementioned playmakers.

His inaccuracy reminds me of Rex Grossman........like he still thinks he's got Randy Moss out there for him.

As has been mentioned, I think the lack of vertical threats is really limiting the Patriots' offense. All of the big plays tonight for the Patriots offense were yards after the catch. While Dobson and Thompkins aren't world-beaters, it still forces a defense to be honest. I still feel that Gronkowski getting fully healthy can make Brady a viable backup and spot-starter, but man oh man it's getting ugly.

The only league I own Brady I also have Russell Wilson...so I'll continue to hold rather than drop him for another spotty starter on the WW. Ideally he'll have a good game soon and I can sell him for a bag of jerky or some corn-nuts

Belichick is starting to be too smart for his own good, or did that happen after spygate?

I didn't see the picks but heard it on the radio that at least one was so bad that there's no focking way you blame that on anyone other than Brady.

Quit offering excuses about having no one to throw it to. He's lost it; move on............