Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

At what point is a stud a dud and a dud a stud?

At what point in the season is Phillip Rivers better than Drew Brees in our heads?

When do we say Larry Donnell is legit and Vernon Davis is a TE2?

And can we say Steve Smith is top five receiver going forward and Kelvin Benjamin is top ten? Alshon Jeffery, Demaryius Thomas and Pierre Garcon are in the shadows of much lesser receivers.

Is Eddie Lacy, LeSean McCoy and Montee Ball gonna stay behind Rashad Jennings, Ahmad Bradshaw and heaven forbid...Matt Asiata?

At what point does the Matt Asiata owner turn down a trade offer of "you give me Matt Asiata and I'll give you LeSean McCoy"

Just curious to when/what week/scenario you accept that a dud is now a stud and a stud is now a dud?

Its a dynamic and fluid situation. seasons can change on a dime and how often have you seen a wr have a mediocre year just to blow up in the last 4 games and become top 5? It happens alot. Expected returns have to be factored into value. just like we can get early season value wrong at the draft, mid and late season can be wrong as well after 4games. It also takes big balls to come to terms that you have started a bust for 4 straight weeks lol.

If Gronk has 3 catches for 30 yards and no TD tonight......

A trade offer gets made on Tuesday....

Who would the winner be in a Rob Gronkowski for Larry Donnell trade?

At what point in the season is Phillip Rivers better than Drew Brees in our heads?

When do we say Larry Donnell is legit and Vernon Davis is a TE2?

And can we say Steve Smith is top five receiver going forward and Kelvin Benjamin is top ten? Alshon Jeffery, Demaryius Thomas and Pierre Garcon are in the shadows of much lesser receivers.

Is Eddie Lacy, LeSean McCoy and Montee Ball gonna stay behind Rashad Jennings, Ahmad Bradshaw and heaven forbid...Matt Asiata?

At what point does the Matt Asiata owner turn down a trade offer of "you give me Matt Asiata and I'll give you LeSean McCoy"

Just curious to when/what week/scenario you accept that a dud is now a stud and a stud is now a dud?

When the owner of said players thank so

It's week 4. In most cases what you see is what you get (assuming they have played all 4 games). Time to start benching guys who under perform or get rid of them.

You don't get wins for having names that look good on paper in your lineup, at some point you want guys that produce right?

Guys get too hung up on "If I bench him I know he will go off"...that's just silly reason for starting a guy

When the owner of said players thank so

That was the point of my question. You are an owner. If you owned LeSean McCoy would you be in panic mode yet? If you needed a TE would trade Michael Crabtree for Larry Donnell? Just trying to figure out how most guys think?

That was the point of my question. You are an owner. If you owned LeSean McCoy would you be in panic mode yet? If you needed a TE would trade Michael Crabtree for Larry Donnell? Just trying to figure out how most guys think?

McCoy there is rumblings of turf toe from preseason, and his oline is beat up. So there could be long term concern if his oline does not get healthy. I would put fliers out, for those who do not own him have NOT devalued him yet I guarantee it.

If I needed a TE and was OK at WR I would definitely go for Donnell

To many people think they are riding names and not results. "I drafted Chris Johnson in the 4th round!" that was a steal 2 years ago.

Personally I give up on players quick and pick them up quick. There are still owners riding the Deangelo Williams train. These are the same people that draft Emmit Smith in the 3rd round after he went to Arizona. I like to put numbers on my players when draft or dropping, not names. Play X has 67 rushed for 350 yards, versus play Y who has 45 carries for 120 yards, etc..

To many people think they are riding names and not results. "I drafted Chris Johnson in the 4th round!" that was a steal 2 years ago.

Personally I give up on players quick and pick them up quick. There are still owners riding the Deangelo Williams train. These are the same people that draft Emmit Smith in the 3rd round after he went to Arizona. I like to put numbers on my players when draft or dropping, not names. Play X has 67 rushed for 350 yards, versus play Y who has 45 carries for 120 yards, etc..

Exactly. Its only fantasy football, you can't be afraid to drop a player, make a trade or whatever. We are in a small money league($50 buy in), our 21st year. It makes me laugh how people are so nervous with their team, not wanting to trade for fear of only making the other guys team better. That aint no way to go through life! Make a blockbuster trade and so what if you get the worst of it in the end, at least you had the stones!

too many people do not do that. They put a Larry Fitzgerald on player X. And they ignore stats of other guys because they do not have the flashy name. There are those that still regard Doug Martin as someone to hold dear based on one season.

Murf shouldn't you hold on to players with that status though? I'm sure there are a lot of guys in dynasty leagues that are kicking themselves right now because they didn't hold on to Murray...

Murf shouldn't you hold on to players with that status though? I'm sure there are a lot of guys in dynasty leagues that are kicking themselves right now because they didn't hold on to Murray...

redraft, I am only talking redraft

So how many times did you redraft Willie Parker?

Me? I owned him once early on when he first broke out

I think I owned him again maybe when he broke his leg

If Gronk has 3 catches for 30 yards and no TD tonight......

A trade offer gets made on Tuesday....

Who would the winner be in a Rob Gronkowski for Larry Donnell trade?

....well, this is looking like a reality now. Hey Gronk owners. Trade the name before everyone realizes he's worthless.

Rivers was the #4 QB last year even though both Floyd and Gates were both gone most the year. Rivers was a stud with Keenan Allen and nobody else.

In the one league I own Rivers I would not trade him for Brees.

:ninja:

These are the same people that draft Emmit Smith in the 3rd round after he went to Arizona.

in 2004, at the age of 35 .... and without that amazing Dallas o-line, he hung up 937/9

pretty damn impressive ... 35 is ANCIENT for a rb

i get the gist of your post, but putting Emmit's 2004 in context is a whiff :dunno:

• Like 2

in 2004, at the age of 35 .... and without that amazing Dallas o-line, he hung up 937/9

pretty damn impressive ... 35 is ANCIENT for a rb

i get the gist of your post, but putting Emmit's 2004 in context is a whiff :dunno:

35 isn't ancient for a running back....it's unheard of. It simply doesn't happen. He had five years past the age of 30 that most RB's don't have in a career. Rediculous.

What is Larry Donnell considered now?

Compare Donnell to Gronkowski...who would you rather have the rest of the year?

• Like 1

What is Larry Donnell considered now?

Compare Donnell to Gronkowski...who would you rather have the rest of the year?

I had him then chased Gates' points from Week 1 & 2.

I'm fighting the urge to offer some ridiculous overvalued trade in my work league. There I have J. Cameron and the Bucs ASJ. :cry: