Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Kendrick Lamar bought out 3 cinemas for kids (from projects) to see Black Panther

Good move.

:thumbsup:

Great move. I just see it potentially ending poorly.

DO the crips and bloods have to go to different theaters?

Great move. I just see it potentially ending poorly.

DO the crips and bloods have to go to different theaters?

Probably, or not, maybe we all win?

You guys are jerks.

I never heard of the guy but it was a classy move.

• Like 1

You guys are jerks.

Yeah, I think thats a pretty cool move. Im not real sure who he is, but I have no beef with this.

You guys are jerks.

I'm merely pointing out he shouldn't spend his own money doing that. What he should do is seek investors to fund it with him being the face of that charitable move.

I'm merely pointing out he shouldn't spend his own money doing that. What he should do is seek investors to fund it with him being the face of that charitable move.

If you read up on it, it sounds like Kendrick actually got his record label to rent out the theaters.

But either way....I think they said it was about 1000 seats total, so we are talking $15K or so? Financially this isnt that big a deal. Its more that he cared enough to make it happen.

Good for him. That was really nice. I just hope someone talked to those black people in attendance about how they can improve their lives and avoid the trap.

If you read up on it, it sounds like Kendrick actually got his record label to rent out the theaters.

But either way....I think they said it was about 1000 seats total, so we are talking $15K or so? Financially this isnt that big a deal. Its more that he cared enough to make it happen.

I stand corrected; thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Of course this isnt a bad thing.

But I do have to admit. Im kinda tired of hearing about this movie. Its another Marvel movie. Im sure its good and done well.

So it has a lot of African Americans in it. Okay? Cool? :dunno:

Youd think we cured Cancer or landed on Mars or something.

But I do have to admit. Im kinda tired of hearing about this movie. Its another Marvel movie. Im sure its good and done well.

I understand where you are coming from. I remembering feeling the same way about American Sniper. Im not proud of the fact that Ive still not seen it because of the way the propoganda annoyed me. I should give in and try and watch it and just judge it on its own merit.

Good for him :thumbsup:. He's doing a nice thing for kids and stimulating the economy all at once. Win win.

I understand where you are coming from. I remembering feeling the same way about American Sniper. Im not proud of the fact that Ive still not seen it because of the way the propoganda annoyed me. I should give in and try and watch it and just judge it on its own merit.

:lol:

I honestly didn't hear about it until the geek club. But I'm not a big movie guy.

Some of you guys really need to get out more

By seeing Black Panther in the hood?

Clint Eastwood films are generally bare bones stories with little or no politics, he lets the story play out. American Sniper was pretty much that.

The movie isn't political at all, it simply chronicles the life of a sniper. Very well done, you should do yourself a favor and watch it.

The movie isn't political at all, it simply chronicles the life of a sniper. Very well done, you should do yourself a favor and watch it.

and Marky Mark was awesome in it

Once you need out the fiction .