Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency

Blount averaged 3.9 yard a carry last year. Not sure why people thought he had a great year. He is basically a short yardage back now who saw a lot of carries last year.

Gillislee is a decent sized back who has speed.

Blount averaged 3.9 yard a carry last year. Not sure why people thought he had a great year. He is basically a short yardage back now who saw a lot of carries last year.

Gillislee is a decent sized back who has speed.

He had a boatload of Tds and did exactly what they needed him to do. Gillislee is good, they upgraded their whole backfield with keeping guys and adding cheap role players.

He had a boatload of Tds and did exactly what they needed him to do. Gillislee is good, they upgraded their whole backfield with keeping guys and adding cheap role players.

I think the fact that his ypc is dropping added with him wanting what might be his last payday, has the Pats looking to go in a different direction.

Yeah hes a short yardage guy who got a lot of TDs in a top offense. I think the 20 carry games for 40 yards isnt something they really needed. There is a reason they dont feel they need him this year.

I owned him in a league and loved his TDs. But he is a bumble forward and a cloud of dust guy.

Yeah hes a short yardage guy who got a lot of TDs in a top offense. I think the 20 carry games for 40 yards isnt something they really needed. There is a reason they dont feel they need him this year.

I owned him in a league and loved his TDs. But he is a bumble forward and a cloud of dust guy.

He can either be the guy who bumbles forward for little to no gain or the guy who just destroys defenses. You never knew what Blount you were going to get that day. But his TDs made up for it

They just locked up White too. So are they going to plan on Gillislee, Burkhead, White and Lewis? All of those guys?

I'm not a big believer in YPC as being the best indicator of a power back. If he's getting the ball in short yardage situations against stacked boxes it's going to bring that number down, but it doesn't mean he didn't get the job done. Punching it in from the one goes down as a 1 yard carry.

I'm not a big believer in YPC as being the best indicator of a power back. If he's getting the ball in short yardage situations against stacked boxes it's going to bring that number down, but it doesn't mean he didn't get the job done. Punching it in from the one goes down as a 1 yard carry.

Sure. But I watched him plenty last year and he would have 20 careies for 40 yards then all of a sudden bust a 40 yarder. When you are playing with Brady and that offense you should see plenty of space between the 20s.

Either way the Pats werent too worried about bringing him back. His experience and perhaps leadership will probably be most missed. With Cooks and now Gillislee they are becoming much faster on offense.

Sure. But I watched him plenty last year and he would have 20 careies for 40 yards then all of a sudden bust a 40 yarder. When you are playing with Brady and that offense you should see plenty of space between the 20s.

Either way the Pats werent too worried about bringing him back. His experience and perhaps leadership will probably be most missed. With Cooks and now Gillislee they are becoming much faster on offense.

I agree Gilisse is the upside pick, but I'm just a believer in not overthinking things. Then again, it's my opinion vs BB's and thats the bottom line. I'll defer to the best.

I can see Lewis being traded of cut.

I don't know about that. Assuming he is healthy, his cap number is small and I think he will bounce back further removed from that knee injury.

I like the White extension as they needed some more depth after this season.

I don't know about that. Assuming he is healthy, his cap number is small and I think he will bounce back further removed from that knee injury.

I like the White extension as they needed some more depth after this season.

Plus White was clutch during the super bowl

Butler to Saints for the #32 all but a lock now.

Could see Lewis being thrown in the deal. Saints are thin at RB and Ingram isn't a player of health either.

Adrian Peterson to the Saints. Downgrade Ingram and Brees

Adrian Peterson to the Saints. Downgrade Ingram and Brees

I wouldn't say Brees, he's too good and If anything it helps him. Ingram yea he gets a downgrade. I'm not sold on AP being effective or healthy all year but it's a good place to land.

I wouldn't say Brees, he's too good and If anything it helps him. Ingram yea he gets a downgrade. I'm not sold on AP being effective or healthy all year but it's a good place to land.

Id say Brees. Payton is going to want to play with his toys.

Beastmode is a Raider. That should be fun.

Check that.

Butler now looks like he's staying with the Patriots.

Beastmode is a Raider. That should be fun.

How does this all play out w/Seattle's cap? Do they still have to account for some of him, or maybe he returned some of the money?