Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

***NFL Draft/ NFL Combine talk

I'm a draft junkie.

Senior Bowl this Saturday. QBs Josh Allen Mason Rudolph and I believe Baker Mayfield will both be playing.

So I don't know here is a thread.

Glad to hear the kid from Wyoming is saying all th right things about playing for Cleveland. Might give the G-men a choice between Darnold and Rosen. Not big on Rosen

Too early

It is. But I was looking at thr senior bowl and figured start a thread we could kick around for a while.

Rudolph is actually hurt and not playing Saturday but is there. So the showcase is Mayfield and Allen. The Falk kid from Wash St is there as well.

Glad to hear the kid from Wyoming is saying all th right things about playing for Cleveland. Might give the G-men a choice between Darnold and Rosen. Not big on Rosen

Allen will be a huge bust.

Hopefully Baker is long gone before the Bills pick. Hopefully they avoid Rudolph as well. They really screwed themselves this year.

It is. But I was looking at thr senior bowl and figured start a thread we could kick around for a while.

Never early enough.

signed

Admitted combine/dynasty nerd.

woosh

I have the 12th of 12 1st round picks in a dynasty draft. Because I won that b1tch :banana:

Draft isn't till August.

I have the 12th of 12 1st round picks in a dynasty draft. Because I won that b1tch :banana:

Draft isn't till August.

I have the 1st of 12 1st round pick because my entire team blew their ACLs this year :wall:

With Cousins, Garrapolo, Keenum, Bradford, Brees all FAs. Why draft a QB at all? Although Garrapolo and Keenum will be franchised if they don't sign. Heck even McCown, Bridgewater, Geno Smith, & Tom Savage are out there.

With Cousins, Garrapolo, Keenum, Bradford, Brees all FAs. Why draft a QB at all? Although Garrapolo and Keenum will be franchised if they don't sign. Heck even McCown, Bridgewater, Geno Smith, & Tom Savage are out there.

Because after the third round it's all a crap shoot?

we drafted our Brett Fav-ruh and Emmitt Smif last year. Now we need our Deion Sanders and Reggie White.

Because Garrapolo and Brees arent going anywhere and Cousins is the only other legitimate starting QB on your list. Unless you count Bradford for the 4-6 games you get out of him per year.

• Like 1

Because Garrapolo and Brees arent going anywhere and Cousins is the only other legitimate starting QB on your list. Unless you count Bradford for the 4-6 games you get out of him per year.

Yea not understanding his post.

Dallas was the 3rd highest WR paying team in the league last year - $26m committed to the Cap at that position.

Dallas was the 5th lowest in Defense Cap committed money.

And people around here, even talk show personalities, are talking about taking a WR, or even OL, in the 1st. :rolleyes: :doh: :rolleyes:

Dallas was the 3rd highest WR paying team in the league last year - $26m committed to the Cap at that position.

And people around here, even talk show personalities, are talking about taking a WR, or even OL, in the 1st. :rolleyes: :doh: :rolleyes:

Sound like the Boys are greasing the skids to dump Dez.

I have the 1st of 12 1st round pick because my entire team blew their ACLs this year :wall:

Good time to have a devastating season. Maybe it's fate.

Get the best fantasy wise player in the draft. Or sell that pick for the farm.

Some years you aren't lucky enough to have that pick be worth what it is this year.

Sound like the Boys are greasing the skids to dump Dez.

It's the smart play, it's what BB would do......Then again, BB would never have given him that stupid ass contract to begin with.

Dez is on the books for $16.5m next year - he can be cut post-June 1st and free up $8.5m........ Problem is, Jerry doesn't have the balls to do it..

Dez is hardly even a number 2 WR in this league. Has to be one of the slower guys in the NFL at WR

Well, that really depends on what you have been drafting in recent years. Remember, over the last 3 drafts, they have drafted 7 defensive players in the first 3 rounds and only 2 offensive players. That should give you younger talent on defense at a lower price.

It's the smart play, it's what BB would do......Then again, BB would never have given him that stupid ass contract to begin with.

Dez is on the books for $16.5m next year - he can be cut post-June 1st and free up $8.5m........ Problem is, Jerry doesn't have the balls to do it..

He's obviously not clicking with the QB.

He's obviously not clicking with the QB.

It's part that, it's part that Dez just - well, sucks now..... If not for a facemask, he'd have about 5 broken noses this year - all balls that blew right threw his hands and into his facemask.

Dak has a skill set - a pocket passing, TIMING thrower - he is not.. And by that you know what I mean, throwing to a spot, even if they guy isn't there yet, bcoz you know he will be.. Dak sucks at it - Romo was a master at it - Dez is lost. Factor in the fact Dez can't generate separation on his own, you have a problem.

Still got 132 taregets last year because they feel they need to get a backup caliber WR the ball like he is a #1 WR. 132 targets is 4th most that he has had. The 3rd and 2 most being 136 and 138. So right in line with his better seasons.

Dallas, as a running team, with a raw QB, I would be gathering some speed on the edges.

Carolina Panthers

4 Picks in the first 3 Rounds.

Immediate Needs: Wide Receiver. Defensive Back, Offensive Line

Secondary Needs: Edge Rusher, Linebacker, Running Back, Tight End (need to backfill older players at these positions)

I'd be Geeked if Alabama stud WR Calvin Ridley somehow fell to them. :thumbsup:

Still got 132 taregets last year because they feel they need to get a backup caliber WR the ball like he is a #1 WR. 132 targets is 4th most that he has had. The 3rd and 2 most being 136 and 138. So right in line with his better seasons.

Dallas, as a running team, with a raw QB, I would be gathering some speed on the edges.

132 targets - and still, only 69 catches and 6 tds....... At $16m a year - that's a horrible return.

Nobody is arguing this team needs speed on the outside........ But no way do you burn a 1st rounder on that - not this team, this team needs to keep firing those at the defense.

132 targets - and still, only 69 catches and 6 tds....... At $16m a year - that's a horrible return.

Nobody is arguing this team needs speed on the outside........ But no way do you burn a 1st rounder on that - not this team, this team needs to keep firing those at the defense.

No not at all. This isn't a strong WR class. Cortland Sutton may be there when they pick. Maybe not. He is a prototypical WR from SMU. Would have maybe been a 1st if he came out last year. If they went anyone or fell in love with anyone it would be him.

Yeah I'm not a WR in the first kind of guy. Especially from a running team or a team with no QB to get it to them like the BIlls. It just makes no sense.

The Boys need to plan on Wittens replacement. Dak likes throwing to him. Anyone on the roster?

The Boys need to plan on Wittens replacement. Dak likes throwing to him. Anyone on the roster?

For sure.... A huge shot was taken on Gavin Escobar few years back, one of the worst 2nd round picks ever here.......... But nothing in the works right now, least not legit answers.

Our needs in order: LB and DT are 1 and 2 - either way.... then CB, WR, OL, Safety, TE...... We actually need 2 LBs as long as I'm being greedy.

For sure.... A huge shot was taken on Gavin Escobar few years back, one of the worst 2nd round picks ever here.......... But nothing in the works right now, least not legit answers.

Our needs in order: LB and DT are 1 and 2 - either way.... then CB, WR, OL, Safety, TE...... We actually need 2 LBs as long as I'm being greedy.

We're all going to need LB's if Wentz is going to keep running around. The Giants might have one decent one right now. Jerry Reach didn't feel LB's were worth his time.

Carolina Panthers

4 Picks in the first 3 Rounds.

Immediate Needs: QB that's not a unhinged doosh.

fixed

Oddly enough I have LB as probably the Eagles biggest need next year too.

cowboys a mess

giants eli done, pat shurmur :doh:

redskins lose cousins

eagles will be like pats for next 5 years... no division competition...walk to playoffs every year :pointstosky:

• Like 1

cowboys a mess

giants eli done, pat shurmur :doh:

redskins lose cousins

eagles will be like pats for next 5 years... no division competition...walk to playoffs every year :pointstosky:

Just like the McNabb years. Doh!

yeah LB or OL.

True. Although the way Vaitai has been playing you may not think of OT as an urgent need anymore.

We are desperately thin at LB and have been for a few years. Jordan Hicks gets hurt too much.

We're all going to need LB's if Wentz is going to keep running around.

Boy that's not shiit.

The very 1st thing Jimmy said when he got here (paraphrasing), "We've got to get speed, speed and more speed on the defensive side of the ball. I want guys who can run sideline to sideline."

Boy that's not shiit.

The very 1st thing Jimmy said when he got here (paraphrasing), "We've got to get speed, speed and more speed on the defensive side of the ball. I want guys who can run sideline to sideline."

Now more than ever. LB's have to cover athletic TE's all over the place and RB's catching passes like never before. And then there's the mobile QB's.

True. Although the way Vaitai has been playing you may not think of OT as an urgent need anymore.

We are desperately thin at LB and have been for a few years. Jordan Hicks gets hurt too much.

I like Bradham but he is a FA. Not sure if they will try hard to resign or what he will want though. I could see him back with the Bills next year.