Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Denver at New England...Shootout or let down?

Silly question but does anyone think the Pats defense can shut down Peyton or hold him to a pedestrian day?

Not saying he throws for 200 & 1TD/2INT's but 275 & 3TD's/1INT's?

I feel Belicheck will go all out this week to game plan to stop Peyton whether it's a solid defensive effort or a ball control offense that minimizes the time the Denver offense is on the field.

I'm not facing Peyton or many of the Denver offensive skill players much this week, just curious to see if anyone thinks this game should be closer than the hype train is making it out to be. Game winning FG perhaps?

Supposed to be cold and windy, and everyone thinks it's going to be a shutout, so it'll probably be 20-13 or something like that.

ftp

Supposed to be cold and windy, and everyone thinks it's going to be a shutout, so it'll probably be 20-13 or something like that.

ftp

Because it's never cold or windy in Denver

I have a feeling it'll be a let down. Im wondering how ne o line Will fare against ware and miller. Denver's d is getting stronger by the week and ferocious. I think well see Brady from the beginning of the season when his line couldn't protect him.

I have a feeling it'll be a let down. Im wondering how ne o line Will fare against ware and miller. Denver's d is getting stronger by the week and ferocious. I think well see Brady from the beginning of the season when his line couldn't protect him.

As a Emmanual Sanders owner, I'm hoping shootout. As a Broncos defense owner and going against Peyton, I'm hoping for a let down.

Both defenses are far better then they have been in the past especially in the passing game.

This could possibly be a 24-20 type game

My gut tells me its a blowout, with Denver stomping all over NE. Denver has a great pass rush, and that has always been the way to shut Brady down.

My gut tells me its a blowout, with Denver stomping all over NE. Denver has a great pass rush, and that has always been the way to shut Brady down.

Get the hell out of here. You do realize the game is in new england right? No chance that happens...

Feels like a "START EVERYONE WHO CATCHES PASSES" bonanza. The over/under is right around 55, which is as high as Vegas has gone this year.

Gronk-o-Rama continues 100+ and 2 TD

Pats squeeze the juice out of OJ 40 but 1 TD and Revis holds D Thomas down to earth with 60 and 1 TD.

Ronnie Hillman takes control of the ground TDs 100 and 2 TD with Welker helping him out getting him down there...80 but no Welker TD

Jonas Gray on the scene 80 and 1 TD some help from Vereen but no TD for Vereen

Another good day for Lafelle 100 and 1 TD

Gostkowski with game winning FG

Pats 31 Broncos 28

I think there will be a huge amount of points scored on both sides, similar to last year.

I don't see how this can be a low scoring game. Both offenses are potent right now, and they're coming off huge wins. Neither defense is that great either. Both have a top tier TE who is a redzone monster. Both have QB's who can read the blitz and burn you deep on zone coverage. Over/Under is 55? I might still bet the over.

I'm a Pats Homer and they struggle bad against a good pass rush. Ware and Miller are pretty unstoppable

Yep, this. I am hoping for a good game but I would not be surprised at all by a decisive Denver victory. They have a great defense and especially a formidable pass rush. NE's oline is better than earlier in the year but they had nowhere to go but up. Still a weak point overall so I think denver will have lots of success getting to brady without even blitzing. That's bad news for NE

I don't see how this can be a low scoring game. Both offenses are potent right now, and they're coming off huge wins. Neither defense is that great either. Both have a top tier TE who is a redzone monster. Both have QB's who can read the blitz and burn you deep on zone coverage. Over/Under is 55? I might still bet the over.

Neither defense is that great? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't NE the top passing defense in the NFL? And isn't Denver one of the top defenses overall?

Now NE has lost some key guys (AGAIN) like Mayo and Chandler Jones, so maybe they aren't so great anymore. But Denver? No question they are a top D.

Because it's never cold or windy in Denver

Great point except Peyton sucks in those games too.

Neither defense is that great? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't NE the top passing defense in the NFL? And isn't Denver one of the top defenses overall?

Now NE has lost some key guys (AGAIN) like Mayo and Chandler Jones, so maybe they aren't so great anymore. But Denver? No question they are a top D.

As someone who owns the NE defense, they're highly overrated. They may defend the pass well, but that just means Hillman will run all over them.

Denver D has been good not great. Their potent offense has hidden a lot of defensive flaws that people overlook.

I think I read somewhere there may 30 plus mph winds for this game.

I am thinking 31-17 Denver. Denver's run D is tops in the league. Plus, they've only played one sub .500 team. I'd say they're not overrated at all.

Wind and rain are supposed to taper off by game time: Cloudy, High 30s, 15-20 mph winds. Typical November football weather

Denver, 27-23

35-10 Denver. Time to make a statement. Send the house at pretty boy Brady and I can already picture him in his famous feedle position diving to the ground before they get there.

Usually these games turn out to be lower scoring than projected.

I have DT in 2 leagues ... too bad he will be on Revis Island

Revis is no problem for DT...

plus, I'd say Revis may be on Manny Sanders this game.

The wind is supposed to be howling. Hearing rain and sleet possible. That has to slow the scoring down.

Good, No e sanders deep. I have DT and JT :ninja:

Sounds like the precip should peter out before game time. Strong winds might mean a little more running, and shorter dumps to Sanders, Welker, & Julius for Denver.....Edelman, Wright, and Gronk for NE.

Pats 27 Broncos 24

Rain and snow likely before 1pm, then a slight chance of rain between 1pm and 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 44. Breezy, with a northwest wind 18 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.