Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Fentanyl surpasses heroin as deadliest drug in US

https://news.yahoo.com/fentanyl-surpasses-heroin-deadliest-drug-us-164450997.html

Washington (AFP) - The synthetic drug, fentanyl, has surpassed heroin as the deadliest drug in the United States, taking more than 18,000 lives in 2016, federal health officials said Wednesday.
In 2016, the latest year for which full data is available, "29 percent of all drug overdose deaths mentioned involvement of fentanyl," said the report from the National Center for Health Statistics, part of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Fentanyl is a powerful, synthetic narcotic that has been blamed for the deaths of rock stars including Prince and Tom Petty.
It works on the brain like morphine or heroin, but is 50 to 100 times more potent, and can easily lead to overdose.
The rate of drug overdose deaths in the United States has tripled from 1999 through 2016, as the nation grapples with a persistent opioid epidemic.
Fentanyl-related drug overdose deaths have doubled each year from 2013 through 2016, "from 0.6 per 100,000 in 2013 to 1.3 in 2014, 2.6 in 2015, and 5.9 in 2016," said the report.
Meanwhile, deaths from heroin and methamphetamine more than tripled from 2011 to 2016.
Heroin was the top cause of drug overdose death from 2012 to 2015, said the report.
The prescription painkiller Oxycodone ranked highest in 2011.
Cocaine has consistently ranked either second or third in terms of deadliest drugs, followed by methamphetamine.

Thank you Chiner

So do they put fentanyl in other drugs like herion or whatever without people knowing it?

Yes... and that will go right through your skin... way scary.

So do they put fentanyl in other drugs like herion or whatever without people knowing it?

They put it in heroin, because such a small dose can be mixed with other sh1t and it's real cheap.

then you sometimes have a-holes that put it in cocaine and other sh1t, looking to kill people.

Very sad but nothing new, percoset has been prescribed forever. If only a portion of the money spent on the war on drugs were spent on recovery and treatment over the past 30+ years many lives would have been saved.

want a new drug, one that won't make me sick
One that won't make me crash my car
Or make me feel feet, feet, feet thick

I want a new drug, one that won't hurt my head
One that won't make my mouth too dry
Or make my eyes too red

A doctor thinks this stuff should be decriminalized.

And Chrystal Meth and crack . Lots of stupid focks seem to think that lately.

Very sad but nothing new, percoset has been prescribed forever. If only a portion of the money spent on the war on drugs were spent on recovery and treatment over the past 30+ years many lives would have been saved.

To wit....

The junkies around my area actually call 911 before they shoot up cuz they know they gonna OD.

We had a cop get narcan because he brushed some fentanyl dust off his sleeve after arresting someone

I bought some drug dealers shoes.

I dunno what he laced em with but I was trippin all day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought some drug dealers shoes.

I dunno what he laced em with but I was trippin all day.

:doh:

They put it in heroin, because such a small dose can be mixed with other sh1t and it's real cheap.

then you sometimes have a-holes that put it in cocaine and other sh1t, looking to kill people.

Ya never know....

Where was this stuff 20 years ago?

I figure Oxy wasn't cutting it with the rednecks no more, or maybe it was tough to come by. Whatever it was, the feds allowed it to happen. There is too much money go around for them not to.

Ive never understood how people go about finding stuff like this. Do you just go around asking people for drugs?

Ive never understood how people go about finding stuff like this. Do you just go around asking people for drugs?

when you're addicted to pain killers and you can't afford them. yes. what other option is there? quitting :o

Legalizing it all will thin the herd.

Only with one major caveat: hospitals, EMS, police, etc are not required to treat you for negative effects resulting from your drug use. No more Narcan from the EMT, no more wasting ICU beds because you went into respiratory failure or cardiac arrest and are riding a ventilator. I'm long past sick of seeing patients with medical conditions that aren't entirely the result of their own stupidity being stuck in the ED for days waiting for an ICU bed when half of the ICU is filled by overdose/alcohol withdrawal/cocaine induced heart failure/drug induced seizures/etc.

Only with one major caveat: hospitals, EMS, police, etc are not required to treat you for negative effects resulting from your drug use. No more Narcan from the EMT, no more wasting ICU beds because you went into respiratory failure or cardiac arrest and are riding a ventilator. I'm long past sick of seeing patients with medical conditions that aren't entirely the result of their own stupidity being stuck in the ED for days waiting for an ICU bed when half of the ICU is filled by overdose/alcohol withdrawal/cocaine induced heart failure/drug induced seizures/etc.

if it were legal, people would know what was in it and stop ODing at such alarming rates

Fentanyl initially entered the arena as an "add-in" to heroin, but more recently it is taking hold all by itself. Far less expensive than anything else out there, 40 times for powerful than heroin, it is also a lethal killer...its essentially poison, unsafe even at salt grain size.

Law enforcement has to go to extreme measures if they think it is nearby.

Look at Portugal America! Decriminalizing drugs does not increase addiction rates. Stop fighting it and let them remove themselves from the gene pool.

if it were legal, people would know what was in it and stop ODing at such alarming rates

Doing 'clean' heroin, cocaine, crack still makes you a medical train wreck. Heart failure, all sorts of infections from shooting up (had a woman in her early-30s with bacterial endocarditis from heroin use), etc. They still drag down health care systems.

Username checks out.

Doing 'clean' heroin, cocaine, crack still makes you a medical train wreck. Heart failure, all sorts of infections from shooting up (had a woman in her early-30s with bacterial endocarditis from heroin use), etc. They still drag down health care systems.

Using clean cocaine doesn't do to someone using it in moderation (1 gram spread out over 3-4 hours, give or take). Unfortunately it is easy to spiral out of control for someone with no discipline.

Using clean cocaine doesn't do ###### to someone using it in moderation (1 gram spread out over 3-4 hours, give or take). Unfortunately it is easy to spiral out of control for someone with no discipline.

unlike this guy :banana:

Are you a nurse?

Look at Portugal America! Decriminalizing drugs does not increase addiction rates. Stop fighting it and let them remove themselves from the gene pool.

Portugal is a good example, but my counter argument is this: Prescription drugs like fentanyl are legal, yet we have a crisis still. Is it strictly due to a doctor prescribing the drug?

Never done Coke. I don't understand the desire to do drugs. I did ecstacy one time when I was 20. Coming down off of that drug was the shittiest I have ever felt mentally. I don't get drug abuse for so many factors, but I would like to see some of the power taken away from current drug makers

Never done Coke. I don't understand the desire to do drugs. I did ecstacy one time when I was 20. Coming down off of that drug was the shittiest I have ever felt mentally. I don't get drug abuse for so many factors, but I would like to see some of the power taken away from current drug makers

The bolded is very true. Which is a good thing because that drug is a fun time. The pure stuff not the pill stamped out stuff.

Mushrooms too, milder in degree.

There are millions of smokers and drinkers that say you're full of crap.

On 12/12/2018 at 3:36 PM, edjr said:

Well if it’s now included in heroin, then there isn’t really any way for it to lose to heroin in this contest. So that’s just good strategy. 

We just had a state of emergency declared in our county due to 10 deaths in a month from a batch of coke laced with this stuff

Not that it isn't a bad drug but coke is kinda recreational for a lot of "normal" people

Here's an easy solution: Don't use drugs. Don't smoke. Eat well, excercise, enjoy some cocktails all you want within limits. 

Enjoy life.