Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

How's this for a bad beat

I am in middle position and I limp with a couple limpers, and someone raises it to 7. I call. Couple other people call. Flop comes 2,3,5 rainbow. Nailed my set. LAG in early position who has like $200 behind bets $10. I have like $275 and not wanting to let anybody off the hook, I just call. BB calls. Turn comes a queen. LAG bet's $20. I re-raise him to $40 and the BB shoves all in for like $90. LAG goes into the tank but eventually calls. So now I have a situation where the BB might have QQ or A4, but I know the LAG does not have a set, because he would never have to think about calling with a set, and with him committed now I can lose to the BB and still break even, if he calls my shove which he does. So now we have a main pot of like $300 with a side pot of $200. BB shows A,4, I say, "I got outs" and show my 33 and the LAG guy says, "I need a 5." at which point someone else says, "I folded a 5."

Focking case 5 on the river. Unfocking real. I was a 44 to 1 favorite. Why the fock is this guy playing 2,5 off to begin with? WTF!!!?????

Oh, I also lost with KK against ace rag. At least that guy apologized after the hand. "I didn't think you were that strong." He said. And I was thinking yea, I know.

Bad session, lost $120.

At least I finally won with AA. I raised to $11 in late position and everybody folded.

LAG's don't limp 2-5, 3-5, or Q5 in early position. That A stands for aggressive. A LAG would've raised and not took a passive line given two chances to raise. His play sounds more loose passive.

I literally said, "You need a 5?" when he said it, unsure of how the fock a 5 could even save him since that would give me a full house.

Unreal.

The old guy next to me didn't even understand that I had lost until the dealer pushed the other guy the pot.

BTW, only full house I got the whole session. Only time I flopped a set.

This same guy, one time I had AQ of diamonds, and he had two black tens, and we got it all in on a flop of Kd, Jd, 10h. He flopped a set, I flopped a royal flush draw ... of course I didn't get there. This dude and I at the same table ... means we are gonna be playing some big pots. If that's how he wants to roll ... hey, that's how you beat me. Get all your money in bad, and get lucky. You'll beat me every time.

The $10k I won ... I won that because I lost with KK against AK off! He focking rivers quad aces and BETS $35 with a qualifying BB hand, I knew that if he had AK it was a jackpot, and I called. So, my biggest score ever in poker, I lost.

The $4500 I won in the freeroll this spring ... I finally got through a stretch where I wasn't taking any bad beats, and players were folding to my aggressive preflop raises when I had good cards. It was pure strategy, mixed with a run of good cards, but I was probably too generous with the chop, think it was 9 ways, based on chip count. That's that write up in Ante Up. I just can't seem to get through a cash session without some sick cooler or redic bad beat.

When I was in Vegas I flopped 2 pair with Qd 9d. Flop came Qh, 9h, 2s. You'll never guess the hand I lost to. I lost that hand to Ks 5s. I raised preflop, I bet the flop, he called, I bet the random spade on the turn, and I checked the spade river, and I checked, actually hoping to induce a bluff, but somehow I knew it was a spade flush when he bet $150 on the river. Spade flush, or a really good bluff. Or a semi-bluff where my 2 pair is good. So, I called. Focker had NOTHING on the flop ... calling station goes runner, runner.

That was just a couple months ago, while in Vegas at the Rio. Still made money. My play is so good, that I have 2, sick bad beat stories in like 4 days. One day though, I just owned some agro dude and made $1300 before lunch. That really helped.

What's the other sick beat from cash games at the Rio. 2/5 cash game you ask? I have $500 which is the max buy in and am in the big blind, folds around to the button,who raises to $25. I look down at Ad Kd and pretty much snap raise to $50. The guy raises to $150 total, I call and the flop came 2d, 4d, 10c. I shoved for $350 more and the guy called with Jh Jd.

Some of you probably don't think I am ahead, statistically, but I am. And I guess if that guy was willing to ship me $500 if I had QQ to AA.

It was a $1000 pot. Partly why it stings so bad. When I really needed to catch a card in big hands ... It never comes. My opponents hit one outers. I never get it in that bad.

One outer. Kinda, makes me want to cry. Feel like I have worked really hard to be good at this, and I'm cursed or something.

"I need a 5." Is still echoing in my head, as I say "A five?" as the dealer serves out the case 5 on the river.

It was like slow motion movie or something. I stood there, mouth agape ... looking at the cards. Stunned. Almost felt like someone was gonna go, "Just kidding!" and push me the pot.

Nope, it really happened. 55522 beats 33355 and A2345.

I did not cry. Have not cried ... but I feel a similar kinda sadness.

Feel mistreated. I did what I was supposed to do, perfectly ... my analysis was spot on, and I got focked. Meanwhile, some idiot put it all in, with his hopes and dreams down to 1 last card in the deck ... and he gets rewarded.

Makes me sad. Almost wanna cry. Not about the money ... about getting focked, by chance. Over and over.

I dunno how to adjust my game if I am losing hands where I am a 49-1 favorite. It's out of my control.

One focking out. One specific focking card.

I can't explain how people play so bad, and get so lucky. The fish gotta win sometimes, or they never come back. I understand that these idiots make playing poker for me profitable.

Still doesn't take out the sting when you lose to a one outer.

So bad