Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Forums Software Upgrade - 2/5/19

There will be some sever maintenance going on this week as we upgrade servers and eventually the Invision Forums software. The forums will be closed at certain times during this maintenance. I'll update this thread when I have a better idea of when the forums will be offline.

Update - There will be some downtime tomorrow 1/31/19 beginning roughly around 1:45 PM Central time as we transfer the forums to a new server. I'm expecting the forums will be down a couple hours during this process. If unexpected problems arise, then downtime may be longer... hopefully that won't be the case.

Once the server transfer is complete, we'll wait until after the Super Bowl to perform the Invision software upgrade, which is going to be a lengthier process and will likely come with extended downtime.

And we're back. Let me know if you notice features not working. Next week sometime we'll begin the process of upgrading the Invision software.

I've noticed things running kind of slow. When was the last time you changed your server fluid?

I haven't noticed any issues and server tests don't show any speed problems.

We will be upgrading the Invision forums software tomorrow morning (2/5/19). The forums will be closed during this process. I'm told by Invision that given the size of our forums, this process will take a few hours to complete. Note, this is significant software update with a look and feel change.

Thanks for your patience while we make these necessary adjustments.

Upgrade to version 4.3 of the Invision software is complete... kind of. There will be some background processes running over the next 24-48 hours that will be updating old posts so things such as quotes, signatures, lists, images, etc may appear broken until those processes are complete. 

I'll also be making modifications to layout and other features moving forward.

If you run into a specific problem, go ahead and post it here and we'll try and get it squared away as soon as possible.