Sign in to follow this  
scottsind

My Targets - where do I have to draft them?

I draft on RTSports and the ADP there is a bit different than your fantasypros, ffc, espn, yahoo...... started a new job and cant focus on fantasy as close as I would like to with draft upcoming end of the month. Where do I need to draft these guys to makes sure they are on my squad?

Marvin Jones

Chris Hogan

Delanie Walker

M. Goodwin

I want these dudes on my team and will even reach for them as I think they will be staples to a dominant team.

Thanks in advance : )

in a 12 team, to MAKE SURE you get them (and this is subjective, because there are often homers who grab guys early.....no guarentees).

Jones - 4th or 5th

Hogan - 4th

Walker - 6th

Goodwin - 5th or 6th

All 3 WR's have seen their ADP's rise...

• Like 1

I would agree with the above poster for all those players expect for Hogan.

I think you can still wait a little longer for him.

I’m seeing him go in the 6th and even later.

So I would say 5th round for Hogan.

Great question.

Thanks

• Like 1

Yea 4th is way too early for Hogan or any of those guys. Im still targeting 1kyd locks and team focus wrs at that stage, not roster filler like Hogan. Start targeting those guys rnd 6, 5 is still too early. Dont pay for the breakout that hasnt come yet.

• Like 1

Sell Hogan after his 1st good game or he will frustrate the heck out of you. He's either a beast or a ghost.

• Like 1

Goodwin in the 5th? Damn. The value is just about gone

He just went early 8th in our 12 man non ppr league... granted he will be on the rise

• Like 1

Every darn report about the Niners WRs is about how Goodwin is the best wr on the team.

I think if your drafting now his value will be later in the draft.

I don’t draft until after the last preseason game, so I would think his value will be higher by then.

Yea 4th is way too early for Hogan or any of those guys. Im still targeting 1kyd locks and team focus wrs at that stage, not roster filler like Hogan. Start targeting those guys rnd 6, 5 is still too early. Dont pay for the breakout that hasnt come yet.

Would agree on all points.

But the OP wants too target them earlier then most beucase the OP wants them.

This is a good post. I am not going to reach too heavy on those players, but think if I load up on RBs early that Hogan would be an extremely serviceable WR2 even. I am in a TD heavy league and it seems like Hogan was lighting up TDs when healthy last year. I probably should stop getting so attached to players.....

This is a good post. I am not going to reach too heavy on those players, but think if I load up on RBs early that Hogan would be an extremely serviceable WR2 even. I am in a TD heavy league and it seems like Hogan was lighting up TDs when healthy last year. I probably should stop getting so attached to players.....

If you trust your judgement.....Always get the guys you want, no matter what anyone else says or no matter what it costs you. I have used this strategy for years successfully. In fact, the guys at the draft have quit ribbing me for my "non-conformist" picks, which isn't as satisfying anymore.

My motto on draft night? Reach for the Championship.

• Like 1

and it seems like Hogan was lighting up TDs when healthy last year. I probably should stop getting so attached to players.....

I think you have a pretty good sniffer. All of your names except for Goodwin are on my short list of candidates and I think I'm going to have to make a spot for him on my list as I keep reading the blurbs. The scuttlebutt is that Decker is struggling in camp so Hogan may carry some sweet upside in those first few weeks without Edelman.

I agree with the philosophy that Stonewall just put forth. I'm not shy about being a half-round to a round early on some guys so that I can come closer to mapping out ahead of time the roster that I'm going to wind up with (I can get bye week headaches and matchup plans figured out ahead of time, for instance).

• Like 1

Actually I agree.

I have many of targets that I have value on that’s higher then most.

But your statement about not getting so attached is a great approach.

Thanks.

If you trust your judgement.....Always get the guys you want, no matter what anyone else says or no matter what it costs you. I have used this strategy for years successfully. In fact, the guys at the draft have quit ribbing me for my "non-conformist" picks, which isn't as satisfying anymore.

I agree, get the guys you like or want. The art of the draft is balancing that with value. If you reach too far, you no longer got your guy at value, you paid retail for it. A dummy I recently drafted with took Gallup in rnd 5. Gallup could be great sure, but he has paid for the breakout already when he could have gotten other guys and still had Gallup. Value is a concept that even some people who have played for a decade still dont grasp.
  • Like 2

I have a weird relationship with my two main non dynasty leagues. Well one I just finally quit last year, but I was in it for 9 years.

In my main big money pure redraft, I made the playoffs twice ever in 12 years. Never made it past the first round. I'm usually at the bottom of the league.

In my 2 man keeper, I won it 4 times. I had mostly the same players in each league, it's just one was slightly different enough to put me in a championship. The other was slightly different enough to put me near last. I always reached for my guys.

• Like 1

I agree, get the guys you like or want. The art of the draft is balancing that with value.

Indeed....that is the dance.

I used to regularly have guys I wanted sniped a pick or two ahead of me, and it absolutely drove me crazy.

I don't allow that to happen anymore.....unless some homer takes a cat rounds ahead of ADP. This, unfortunately, is unavoidable.