Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

There's a new "Law Firm" in Cincy

I'm sure I'll have plenty of time over the summer to bash the Bengals here. BJGE is a fine back, but for a team that has so much cap room, is it really that much to ask Mike Brown to pay just a bit more for Michael Bush? (It is actually as if they purposely go after runners with limited receiving skills...Rudi, CedBen, BJGE) Discuss if you like, but Jason Allen-Travelle Wharton-BJGE is probably not the free agent haul Cincy fans were hoping for, especially when they had the room to go after Mario Williams.

sorry to see him leave NE.

here's what BGE is:

- reliable, durable, reliable, durable you can rely on him to be durable and not fumble.

there is not flash.

there is not speed.

there is no big play.

there is no pass catching.

but when you need a yard, he gets a yard - and does not fumble.

when you're at the goal line, he runs it in - and does not fumble.

he's not a blocking liability for your QB - he's reliable.

he is not often injured - he's durable.

he is not a star. he is the type of player that plays a respectable role on a winning team.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of time over the summer to bash the Bengals here. BJGE is a fine back, but for a team that has so much cap room, is it really that much to ask Mike Brown to pay just a bit more for Michael Bush? (It is actually as if they purposely go after runners with limited receiving skills...Rudi, CedBen, BJGE) Discuss if you like, but Jason Allen-Travelle Wharton-BJGE is probably not the free agent haul Cincy fans were hoping for, especially when they had the room to go after Mario Williams.

Word for word what I've been thinking the past few weeks. When you're talking about 60mil in cap space, you're talking about Ben Grubbs, Brandon Carr and Michael Bush. At that point, you can now move one of your first rounders for Mike Wallace and still pay him what he wants. Nothing surprises me anymore though.

Edit: Here's how utterly stupid a lot of Bengals fans are. "Great signing, but hopefully we'll still sign Bush".

sorry to see him leave NE.

here's what BGE is:

- reliable, durable, reliable, durable you can rely on him to be durable and not fumble.

there is not flash.

there is not speed.

there is no big play.

there is no pass catching.

but when you need a yard, he gets a yard - and does not fumble.

when you're at the goal line, he runs it in - and does not fumble.

he's not a blocking liability for your QB - he's reliable.

he is not often injured - he's durable.

he is not a star. he is the type of player that plays a respectable role on a winning team.

If you need two yards, he'll get you three yards.

If you need five yards, he'll get you three yards. :thumbsup:

Word for word what I've been thinking the past few weeks. When you're talking about 60mil in cap space, you're talking about Ben Grubbs, Brandon Carr and Michael Bush. At that point, you can now move one of your first rounders for Mike Wallace and still pay him what he wants. Nothing surprises me anymore though.

Edit: Here's how utterly stupid a lot of Bengals fans are. "Great signing, but hopefully we'll still sign Bush".

have a feeling Bush will get reunited with Tom Cable in Seattle, backing up Beastmode. Normally I'd say that Bush goes to Cinci since they have more remaining cap room, but Mike Brown is tossing those cap dollars around like they're manhole covers.

I think this is a good signing for the Bengals. He fits their ball control offense well. No he's gonna break open a fifty yarder but he almost always gets you positive yardage. And he never turns the ball over.

As a Pats fan, I am sad to see him go. I knew it would happen because the Pats do not value RBs much at this point (and rightfully so, IMO), but part of me was hoping he wouldn't get much interest in the market and would come back to NE on the cheap.

In my heart, i wanted the Patriots to resign him, but i knew it was inevitable that a player whose nickname is The Lawfirm eventually play in Cincinnati.

The one shining light that I see in the Bengals free agency signings is that they've signed depth/decent starters at every position of need except for WR. At least now they're sitting with 2 first rounders, able to take the best at whatever position falls to them. I'd be fine with 1 of 5 different picks. Ironically, the remaining position of need just happens to be the weakest in the draft (WR).

The one shining light that I see in the Bengals free agency signings is that they've signed depth/decent starters at every position of need except for WR. At least now they're sitting with 2 first rounders, able to take the best at whatever position falls to them. I'd be fine with 1 of 5 different picks. Ironically, the remaining position of need just happens to be the weakest in the draft (WR).

AJ, with Simpson and Shipley (albeit, works in progress); plus Gresham at TE -- That's not all that bad... especially if Simpson keeps developing and Shipley returns to health...

Shhhhhheit, just remembered about Simpsons weed thing... so yeah, might need help there considering Führer Gooddell will probably suspend the sh*t out of him.

Are any lower tier WR still available? A guy like Legedu Naanee maybe?

AJ, with Simpson and Shipley (albeit, works in progress); plus Gresham at TE -- That's not all that bad... especially if Simpson keeps developing and Shipley returns to health...

Shhhhhheit, just remembered about Simpsons weed thing... so yeah, might need help there considering Führer Gooddell will probably suspend the sh*t out of him.

Are any lower tier WR still available? A guy like Legedu Naanee maybe?

Yeah, Simpson's looking at Federal sentencing. He may have seen his last snap for a while. Due to injuries, Green and Gresham were the last 2 standing. I was really hoping they'd toss a 1st rounder to the Steelers for Wallace. They definitely have the cap space for it.

They really should make a godfather offer to Mike Wallace. They've got an extra first round pick, they've got the cap space, it would weaken a tough division rival, they'd have one of the best starting WR tandems in the NFL...it makes too much sense.

Just saw where Kendall Wright ran a 4.3 at Baylor's pro day. Maybe that's another option late in the 1st. Rumors are that the Bears won't let him get past 19.

It's Ridley time in NE..........but keep it on the DL

Ridley will be in for a nice year as long as he can hold on to the football.

If I were the Bengals I would do everything in my power to trade both 1st rounders and move up to get Trent Richardson. A youth movement with Dalton/Richardson/Gresham/Green would be great for years to come. The Law Firm would be a fine compliment to T-Rich.

One other positive, but maybe I'm stretching.

Ocho - gone

TO - gone

Benson - gone

Simpson - probably gone

Adam Jones - probably gone

Maybe they're finally learning.

:thumbsup:

It probably hasn't occurred to anyone yet.