Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

Hurricane Michael 2018

I would love to see if there is a study that shows where in the world one is most likely to survive this global warming trend, that would be valuable.

access to fresh water will be the key

On CSPAN right now, Shiela Jackson Lee is proposing legislation co-authored by Maxine Waters to rename 'Hurricanes' to a term more gender-neutral.

Didn't they change it to rotate between mens and womens name? I guess we can start naming hurricanes black sounding names too.

Didn't they change it to rotate between mens and womens name? I guess we can start naming hurricanes black sounding names too.

Nope...no way. unless those hurricanes are beautiful and perfect, the pretense includes managing the propaganda....

Hurricane Kotex? :o

I've never seen an Cat 4 actually hit land - wow, what a site... As devastating and horrific as it was - there was a bizarre, mesmerizing beauty to it as well...............from a nature standpoint.

access to fresh water will be the key

Land of 10,000 lakes. :pointstosky:

:mad: :mad: :wall: :wall:

The good news for you is I think 80% work at the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport and another 18% drive cabs in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

The good news for you is I think 80% work at the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport and another 18% drive cabs in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Trust me, they're spreading north too. And some idiots in the state want to bring more in. Everywhere they've settled, they've turned it into a shithole. They must be home sick.

• Like 1

Ft. Walton/Destin was the place to be for spring break in the 80's. I'd give anything to go back in time for one more spring break.

Sammys

Trust me, they're spreading north too. And some idiots in the state want to bring more in. Everywhere they've settled, they've turned it into a shithole. They must be home sick.

Damn that sux. Good luck.

National flood insurance program

Some houses have been rebuilt 16 times in 18 years. The house is worth 120k and over a mil has been spent rebuilding it multiple times

I recall reading some article out of Europe, maybe Oxford?, where they talk about the way Americans just do as the please and essentially say fock you to any attempt to prevent them, and how in Europe they have a longer history and tend to avoid places where disasters are frequent, they did not offer much "evidence" but seemed confident that Europeans understood nature better and respected it more.

I recall reading some article out of Europe, maybe Oxford?, where they talk about the way Americans just do as the please and essentially say fock you to any attempt to prevent them, and how in Europe they have a longer history and tend to avoid places where disasters are frequent, they did not offer much "evidence" but seemed confident that Europeans understood nature better and respected it more.

Jesus, the Dutch have been mastering living at or below sea level for centuries. After Katrina hit, they volunteered to show us how to set up things like more effective locks and canals and Breakers and such and of course we said oh no we're much too smart for that!

Jesus, the Dutch have been mastering living at or below sea level for centuries. After Katrina hit, they volunteered to show us how to set up things like more effective locks and canals and Breakers and such and of course we said oh no we're much too smart for that!

That is incorrect. It was Blanco and Nagin saying: hell no, we can't get no kick backs if we be doin that sh!t.

That is incorrect. It was Blanco and Nagin saying: hell no, we can't get no kick backs if we be doin that sh!t.

I thought the US Army Corps of Engineers was in charge of the locks in NOLA?

I thought the US Army Corps of Engineers was in charge of the locks in NOLA?

In theory yes. In actual operation, lets just say, things aren't that black and white in New Orleans. It is Creole! :lol:

Probably because they don't get hit with hurricanes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/tunedin/why-hurricanes-hardly-ever-hit-europe/vi-BBOqOqC?ocid=spartanntp

It's been an interesting last several days trying to finalize plans to Florida. I feel terrible for everyone affected by the hurricane. A few of us were supposed to head to Panama City on Friday and we booked a few months ago. Delta and the Airbnb were great for this so we re-booked for an area just north of Treasure Island. Then we read about the red tide and all the problems and on Sunday night decided to go to Hollywood Beach. Airbnbn and the condo owners were great again to refund our money despite their policies. It's been many hours on the phone and online. I would have preferred to go to Playa Del Carmen but it is all good.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/10/16/hurricane-michael-death-toll-rises-12-hard-hit-bay-county-fla/1657915002/

Almost a week after Hurricane Michael smashed into the Florida Panhandle with winds of 155 mph, authorities Tuesday reported that 12 people have been found dead in Bay County, the hardest-hit area that includes Panama City and Mexico Beach.

This announcement from Bay County Sheriff Tommy Ford will potentially increase the storm's national death total to 26 people. But officials have warned that getting a concrete number of fatalities is difficult because of rescue efforts, spotty cell reception and rapid pace of recovery operations.

I read that 1000 people remain unaccounted for....