Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

This is the kind of crap where the gays lose me entirely

Federal > State whats the deal here really? The only thing that could've made this more tricky is if this was bakery that sold marijuana infused products. :doublethumbsup:

Another dumb question here. Would that make the Colorado law unconstitutional?

None of those things discriminate against a protected class.

True, but they are an accomidation for religious beliefs. I think that's what this baker wants as well

True, but they are an accomidation for religious beliefs. I think that's what this baker wants as well

Im not a lawyer but I am guessing the mans right to reasonable accommodation of his religious beliefs does not extend to discriminating against a protected class. So thats the difference.

Im not a lawyer but I am guessing the mans right to reasonable accommodation of his religious beliefs does not extend to discriminating against a protected class. So thats the difference.

I don't think he refused to sell them a cake. He refused to do what they asked to the cake. He would be wrong to refuse them a cake. He would be right to refuse to decorate it in a way that goes against his stupid religious beliefs. That's how I see it.

I don't think he refused to sell them a cake. He refused to do what they asked to the cake. He would be wrong to refuse them a cake. He would be right to refuse to decorate it in a way that goes against his stupid religious beliefs. That's how I see it.

Neither of us is a lawyer but it seems to me if he refused to decorate the cake in the same way he would for a straight couple then we are just splitting hairs here.

He should have made it then charged them out the a$$ for it.

But that isn't how these things work. 99+ % of the bakers would have done something like you described, if they were offended by the ghey wedding. It takes two stubborn ideological sides to create this conflict who are willing to fight to the end, and voila$#@! we have a SCOTUS case. :dunno:

But that isn't how these things work. 99+ % of the bakers would have done something like you described, if they were offended by the ghey wedding. It takes two stubborn ideological sides to create this conflict who are willing to fight to the end, and voila$#@! we have a SCOTUS case. :dunno:

You think this would have turned out differently if he jacked up the price because they were ghey?

You think this would have turned out differently if he jacked up the price because they were ghey?

Well, to be seemingly a wordsmither, I said "something like" specifically because I'm not sure the example of jacking up the price is the best one. I suspect it depends in part on things like the baker's history of accommodating custom requests for little/no charge. But I think I get your point, which is that the engaged couple may have had an agenda and would have driven them to this point regardless of the attempts of the baker to extricate himself from selling to them. :thumbsup:

Reread it jerry....I was being perverted.