Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

This is why I love living near Chicago

Went to Gibson's Steakhouse for a date with the Mrs. Got the bone in ribeye. Just incredible. Yeah the steak is $56, but once in a while it is completely worth it.

Was there last year for our anniversary, was terrific

I figured it was due to the high murder rate and taxes. But hey, glad you found something to enjoy living in a war zone.

Went to Gibson's Steakhouse for a date with the Mrs. Got the bone in ribeye. Just incredible. Yeah the steak is $56, but once in a while it is completely worth it.

The guy who was yammering about starving people in our country. Lol.

Don't laugh at him. He wants to solve that problem, as long as it is solved with other people's money.

Don't laugh at him. He wants to solve that problem, as long as it is solved with other people's money.

It's just so funny. I don't care that he spent 56 dollars on a steak. Good for him, he earned his money. But man, if you're gonna preach this starving people stuff, you gotta have some limits if you want to be taken seriously.

I dropped off my leftovers at the nearest homeless shelter :dunno:

I dropped off my leftovers at the nearest homeless shelter :dunno:

Oh, so now we can just assume you're full of sh*t. Thanks for the heads up.

It's just so funny. I don't care that he spent 56 dollars on a steak. Good for him, he earned his money. But man, if you're gonna preach this starving people stuff, you gotta have some limits if you want to be taken seriously.

Like preaching not leaching off the public but collection a publicly funded pension?

I live in Phoenix; we have good steakhouses too. :dunno:

true, but you don't raise the cattle like we do so our meat is fresher than yours :dunno:

I live in Phoenix; we have good steakhouses too. :dunno:

Do you have a choice between the best pizza, steak, Greek, or basically anything you can think of in one city? I think not!

Here is my experience in the Arizona food industry

Me: I would like a double hamburger with no cheese

I get burger, no cheese but with only one pattty

Me: Uh there is only one patty

Burger wench: Yeah I know

Me: uh... ok I ordered a double why is there only one patty?

Burger wench: Because you ordered no cheese and cheese comes on the second patty.

Me: (Holy fvck....) Could you just not put cheese on the 2nd patty?

Burger wench: Oh yeah that's a good idea!

Oh, so now we can just assume you're full of sh*t. Thanks for the heads up.

Yes if you are going to come in here and try to joke around, and then act like a baby when I throw a joke out, then you go ahead and take what I say however you want. Though I can't believe how much of a cry baby you are. It's annoying. Really annoying.

true, but you don't raise the cattle like we do so our meat is fresher than yours :dunno:

They do have some pretty solid lizard farms.

Like preaching not leaching off the public but collection a publicly funded pension?

How could that possibly considered leaching? It's compensation for labor performed. Nice try.

Yes if you are going to come in here and try to joke around, and then act like a baby when I throw a joke out, then you go ahead and take what I say however you want. Though I can't believe how much of a cry baby you are. It's annoying. Really annoying.

Just don't respond to two of his posts with only one of your own.

Message: If you openly support aide for the poor/homeless/hungry/seniors, you can't enjoy nice things in life.

• Like 1

Gibson's is the sh!t

Have you found any other steakhouses in Chicago to be better? It's the best one I have been to imo, between Gibsons, David Burkes Prime house, and Chicago Cut.

Message: If you openly support aide for the poor/homeless/hungry/seniors, you can't enjoy nice things in life.

Not at all. But if you throw around the word starving, like he did, expect to hear some shite when you spend 56 dollars on a steak. That's the problem with libtard discourse. They resort to hyperbole where it isn't necessary, like when they say Nazi or White Supremacist. It's lazy and stupid. Really stupid.

Umm, yeah, we do raise cattle. You live in a craptastic area which objectively offers no benefits other than maniacal sports fans, who are maniacal because your region offers nothing else of substance.

Do you have a choice between the best pizza, steak, Greek, or basically anything you can think of in one city? I think not!

Here is my experience in the Arizona food industry

Me: I would like a double hamburger with no cheese

I get burger, no cheese but with only one pattty

Me: Uh there is only one patty

Burger wench: Yeah I know

Me: uh... ok I ordered a double why is there only one patty?

Burger wench: Because you ordered no cheese and cheese comes on the second patty.

Me: (Holy fvck....) Could you just not put cheese on the 2nd patty?

Burger wench: Oh yeah that's a good idea!

Yes, I can get all of that. And in the time it took me to type this, 3 people were murdered in your awesome city.

My memory of Rush Street was a bunch of long skinny bars with fat chicks in oversized sweatshirts to help to hide their fatness. Here, if you can't bounce a quarter off of a chick's abs, they deport her. Enjoy your view. :cheers:

Have you found any other steakhouses in Chicago to be better? It's the best one I have been to imo, between Gibsons, David Burkes Prime house, and Chicago Cut.

Lawry's Prime Rib is essentially the only thing I'd order there...but I remember that being solid.

I haven't been to the Morton's in Chicago, but have gone to the one in Vegas. Solid eats

Not at all. But if you throw around the word starving, like he did, expect to hear some shite when you spend 56 dollars on a steak. That's the problem with libtard discourse. They resort to hyperbole where it isn't necessary, like when they say Nazi or White Supremacist. It's lazy and stupid. Really stupid.

At a decent restaurant in any big city, $56 for a steak is actually a decent price.

I live in San Luis Obispo and any of the nearby steakhouses run $30-40.

If he said he had a $150 steak, maybe there's a point to be made about it. Ultimately though, who cares? Can't people spend money on eating out and contribute a "fair share" of money/time towards philanthropic efforts? The two can co-exist

Umm, yeah, we do raise cattle. You live in a craptastic area which objectively offers no benefits other than maniacal sports fans, who are maniacal because your region offers nothing else of substance.

Yes, I can get all of that. And in the time it took me to type this, 3 people were murdered in your awesome city.

My memory of Rush Street was a bunch of long skinny bars with fat chicks in oversized sweatshirts to help to hide their fatness. Here, if you can't bounce a quarter off of a chick's abs, they deport her. Enjoy your view. :cheers:

Hence why I live NEAR Chicago, as in 46 miles away. I lived in the city while I was in college and decided then I would never live in the city limits again. No thanks. I live in a nice quiet suburb. I actually live in the town next to where Mungwater grew up.

Lawry's Prime Rib is essentially the only thing I'd order there...but I remember that being solid.

I haven't been to the Morton's in Chicago, but have gone to the one in Vegas. Solid eats

Morton's is the one steakhouse I think could rival Gibsons that I haven't tried.

Morton's is the one steakhouse I think could rival Gibsons that I haven't tried.

This is a joke right?

At a decent restaurant in any big city, $56 for a steak is actually a decent price.

I live in San Luis Obispo and any of the nearby steakhouses run $30-40.

If he said he had a $150 steak, maybe there's a point to be made about it. Ultimately though, who cares? Can't people spend money on eating out and contribute a "fair share" of money/time towards philanthropic efforts? The two can co-exist

Yes you can do both. I don't care if you do neither. My point is throwing the word starving around. We don't have starving people in the United States. And people who voted for Trump aren't Nazis.

Mortons is ok. Of the bigger chain of "steakhouses" like that...I prefer Flemmings

Kayne Prime here in Nashville is fantastic though

Hence why I live NEAR Chicago, as in 46 miles away. I lived in the city while I was in college and decided then I would never live in the city limits again. No thanks. I live in a nice quiet suburb. I actually live in the town next to where Mungwater grew up.

Well, if you live 46 miles away from Chicago, you don't have access to the best of all foods ever, unless a 2+ hour drive for food is what you consider "access."

Best pizza: #3 is Pizza Bianco in Phoenix. Chicago doesn't crack the top 15:

3. Pizzeria Bianco, Phoenix (Marinara)

"There's no mystery to my pizza," Bronx native Chris Bianco was quoted as saying in The New York Times. "Sicilian oregano, organic flour, San Marzano tomatoes, purified water, mozzarella I learned to make at Mike's Deli in the Bronx, sea salt, fresh yeast cake and a little bit of yesterday's dough. In the end great pizza, like anything else, is all about balance. It's that simple." Try telling that to the legions of pizza pilgrims who have made trip to the storied Phoenix pizza spot he opened more than 20 years ago. The restaurant serves not only addictive thin-crust pizzas but also fantastic antipasto (involving wood-oven-roasted vegetables), perfect salads and homemade country bread. The wait, once routinely noted as one of the worst for food in the country, has been improved by Pizzeria Bianco opening for lunch, and the opening of Trattoria Bianco, the pizza prince of Arizona's Italian restaurant in the historic Town & Country Shopping Center (about 10 minutes from the original). This is another case where any pie will likely be better than most you've had in your life (that Rosa with red onions and pistachios!), but the signature Marinara will recalibrate your pizza baseline forever: tomato sauce, oregano, and garlic (no cheese).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2013/11/30/best-pizza-in-america/3785309/

Well, if you live 46 miles away from Chicago, you don't have access to the best of all foods ever, unless a 2+ hour drive for food is what you consider "access."

Best pizza: #3 is Pizza Bianco in Phoenix. Chicago doesn't crack the top 15:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2013/11/30/best-pizza-in-america/3785309/

we have 2 in the top 10, but hey sf, sonoma, napa doesn't hold a candle to chicago ;)

If Frank Pepes is the number one pizza in the country according to that list then throw out the list. It's good, but #1? I don't think so.

The best thing about Chicago from my experience is that you could actually go out to eat at 10pm on a Sunday - and there would be restaurants OPEN.

Farking amazed me that (for example), Houston - one of the biggest cities in the country - Sunday night? Restaurants are closed ridiculously early.

Ate at a steak joint that Sinatra frequented around R&D probably 11pm. No shiity looks, no vacuuming around me, - they acted like an honest to God grown up restaurant. Not some Chili's that wanted to get out in time for Industry Hour at another bar.

most lists are debatable.

This.

There was a Houston restaurant in the top 10 Chinese restaurants in the country on yahoo.com a few years ago, so my wife and i decided to try it out. Not only was it not even top 10 in the Houston Chinatown district, it might have been the worst chinese restaurant i have ever eaten.

I think many of the "top 10" lists that have restaurants all over the country are written by recent journalist grads that are just googling restaurants and choosing one at random.

This.

There was a Houston restaurant in the top 10 Chinese restaurants in the country on yahoo.com a few years ago, so my wife and i decided to try it out. Not only was it not even top 10 in the Houston Chinatown district, it might have been the worst chinese restaurant i have ever eaten.

I think many of the "top 10" lists that have restaurants all over the country are written by recent journalist grads that are just googling restaurants and choosing one at random.

Well, the alternative is to listen to a guy who lives 46 miles outside of Chicago say that he has access to the best food of every cuisine ever. :dunno:

We had a top 25 list, a physical pamphlet that made its rounds through this area recently. It was of top 25 pizzas In Chicago. Somehow Pizzaria Uno's deep dish pizza wasn't on the list. It's the absolute best deep dish pizza I have ever had, and probably my overall favorite.

I have seen a few lists that don't have Chicago even represented on it. I think it's more a purposeful snub at Chicago pizza because of how arrogant we are about pizza superiority.

The two things that aren't great around here from my experience, seafood and BBQ. There are probably some solid places, but not like the west coast or south.

San Francisco has great food too. I liked that city a lot.

You got boned in the ribeye?

Did it hurt?

Never had a $56 steak. One day I will :)

Many restaurants pay people to write reviews for them on Yelp or such. They have family/friends/ coworkers that review positively for them too.