Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Rams acquire Brandin Cooks from Pats

wee: I've seen in I think a couple of articles, that "Hoodie" doesn't like paying big-$ for WRs. And in this market, Cooks would be $15M to $17M annually on his second contract. No way hoodie would pay that. Plus, Gronk would want similar compensation!

No question, it's a business.

Thanks for the reply.

Proverbs 4:5

I like the J Matthews signing.

He could become a good slot wr.

Good move for the Patriots.

Romans 5:5.

re: Jordan Mathews

he will be the most overdrafted, most headache player this year

That just might be true.

If he can return and stay healthy he could be a very interesting pick up.

Isaiah 43:4

*If* he stays healthy, I think he'll be a great RZ target for Brady. And, could negatively impact Gronk. And, if healhy, decreases the importance of getting a receiving (vs. blocking) TE2 for NE.

*If* he stays healthy, I think he'll be a great RZ target for Brady. And, could negatively impact Gronk. And, if healhy, decreases the importance of getting a receiving (vs. blocking) TE2 for NE.

They just signed some receiving TE2 from Arizona

re: Jordan Mathews

he will be the most overdrafted, most headache player this year

Jordan Matthews as a support piece will be fine.

Linguine 4:5 (pastafarian Bible)

• Like 1

Jordan Matthews as a support piece will be fine.

Linguine 4:5 (pastafarian Bible)

In Linguine 4:10, the great pastafarian Supreme Leader (otherwise known as The Big Giant Head) speaks to his apastales, "This is my pasta you eat, this is my wine that you drink. Pay the cashier on your way out."

I'll take a shot with Matthews in the mid to later rounds if available. He is in the right place for his playing style.

Great spot for him, Matthews just needs to stay healthy.

No Amendola no Cooks and the return of Edelman.

Matthews can have a good impact with the Patriots.

Jeremiah 7:8.

Cooks is nothing special. Ben with Brees and Brady his whole time in the league, never lit it up. 2 games over 100 yards last year.

The Book of Eli: 18-1

Cooks is nothing special. Ben with Brees and Brady his whole time in the league, never lit it up. 2 games over 100 yards last year.

Player A got 106 targets. Caught 69 for 1,084-8

Player B got 114 targets. Caught 65 for 1,082-7

Player A got 106 targets. Caught 69 for 1,084-8

Player B got 114 targets. Caught 65 for 1,082-7

Gronk didn't play 3 games and he's a TE. What point are you making?

He's an upgrade for the Rams, he's a much better player then Watkins.

He will surpass Woods.

In ppr Kupp would be my pick for a wr from the Rams, but I think Cooks could have another very good season if Goff has another good season.

If Goff shows up again, Cooks will post higher ppr ff points then he did with Brady.

Psalm 104.

Gronk didn't play 3 games and he's a TE. What point are you making?

Im sick of hearing the narrative that Cooks had a down year

How many WRs go to a new team and get 1,000 yards?

This list is very small.

He led all WRs in targets on the team and in about the same number of targets as Gronk posted about the same numbers.

Brandon Cooks had a great real life NFL season last year.

Maybe he morphed into a WR2 and not the WR1-WR2 player fantasy owners had come to expect from the New Orleans but the narrative that Cooks had a down year is blantantly untrue.

• Like 2

Im sick of hearing the narrative that Cooks had a down year

How many WRs go to a new team and get 1,000 yards?

This list is very small.

He led all WRs in targets on the team and in about the same number of targets as Gronk posted about the same numbers.

Brandon Cooks had a great real life NFL season last year.

Maybe he morphed into a WR2 and not the WR1-WR2 player fantasy owners had come to expect from the New Orleans but the narrative that Cooks had a down year is blantantly untrue.

One good thing you can say about Cooks is that he doesn't seem to get hurt. 16 games 3 years in a row.

2015: 84 for 1138 yards and 9 TDs

2016: 78 for 1173 yards and 8 TDs

2017: 65 for 1082 yards and 7 TDs

Only 2 fumbles in his career.

Gets a few hand-offs each year but nothing much out of it.

From 2015 to 2017 he dropped off about 40 points of PPR fantasy production.

Rank it how you like but we don't know how he will fit in on the Rams at this point. Unless you have some inside info

For his career he has been on teams with QB hall of famers that are still as good as ever. Let's see how Goff and the Rams coaches do.

This is where talking fantasy, which we obviously care about primarily here, vs real life is tricky.

I was just thinking if Brandon Cooks had stayed on the saints with Kamara and Ingram going nuts, Michael Thomas, a better defense and arguably declining Brees he probably posts worse numbers than New England.

The player, his development, skills, work ethic, ability to stay healthy (if thats a character trait at all) are part of the players production equation but the situation often has as big a role if not bigger.

So when a statement is made like Brandon Cooks had a down year. It can be both true and false. It depends on how you are looking at it.

The player himself may have been fine or better than fine.

The fantasy production of the player may also have been down.

It's not uncommon for a player too play for the Pats and take a hit in their over all ff points.

I think he will score more this next season then he did with the Brady's.

Lamentation 3:25.

It's not uncommon for a player too play for the Pats and take a hit in their over all ff points.

I think he will score more this next season then he did with the Brady's.

Lamentation 3:25.

Ill be targeting him if his ADP is low. Brady and Brees both spread the ball around. So yes they are great quarterbacks, yet there is room for improvement in Cooks fantasy situation

Ill be targeting him if his ADP is low. Brady and Brees both spread the ball around. So yes they are great quarterbacks, yet there is room for improvement in Cooks fantasy situation

while i think cooks' situation improves, there are still a lot of rec to go around with the rams (cooks= 65, woods=5 6, kupp=62, gurley= 64)

while i think cooks' situation improves, there are still a lot of rec to go around with the rams (cooks= 65, woods=5 6, kupp=62, gurley= 64)

Woods does not belong in the same conversation. Not sure about Kupp

Woods does not belong in the same conversation. Not sure about Kupp

woods played 12 games: 56/781/5; was targeted about 8 times/game; 4.7 r/g; 65 y/g. i think talent-wise, cooks is better but targets will still go to woods.

if kupp stays in the slot he should continue to amass receptions.

Ppr league I think Kupp would be the better pick up.

I think Woods will be the biggest loser with the addition of Cooks.

I don't see Gurley losing targets.

woods played 12 games: 56/781/5; was targeted about 8 times/game; 4.7 r/g; 65 y/g. i think talent-wise, cooks is better but targets will still go to woods.

if kupp stays in the slot he should continue to amass receptions.

Woods was a nobody until necessity changed that a bit. Hes no longer necessary with Cooks.

Woods was a nobody until necessity changed that a bit. Hes no longer necessary with Cooks.

i would not dismiss his contributions. if cooks takes the #1 db and most double coverage, woods should put up comparable numbers

• Like 1

i would not dismiss his contributions. if cooks takes the #1 db and most double coverage, woods should put up comparable numbers

probably. He's fast. but not a very big WR.

Think TY HIlton in terms of speed and size but maybe a bit faster.

I dont think he will ever be a big target in the red zone, but he's definitely a player that will take the top off a defense. That will be enough to keep the heat off of Woods.

Cooks has always been the best WR on any team he has played for.

Pronouns 4.20

Disagree , I think M Thomas was better then Cooks, and that open the door for the Saints to let Cooks go.

I think the Pats letting him go is just another move they the Pats make, so they don't need too over pay.

I disagree.

I think Kupp will benefit the most from the works Cooks will bring.

Also they have two young te that will be used more then last season.

I think Woods will be the biggest loser.

Disagree , I think M Thomas was better then Cooks, and that open the door for the Saints to let Cooks go.

I think the Pats letting him go is just another move they the Pats make, so they don't need too over pay.

I'd agree with this.

anytime a player heads towards UFA, if it looks like hes asking for a pile of cash, the pats trade him before they get too deep into it and get a younger, less expensive player. (presumably a younger, cheaper version of the same player with the same upside, but needs a bit of development to get there)

that way the team as a whole stays reasonably young.