Sign in to follow this  
Reality

2018 NBA playoffs

They had success for sure, but the Durant signing was the biggest pooooosay move of all time, and that turned them into a superteam.

exactly - Durant should have built his own team to compete with - this crap is like Jordan, Magic, and Bird all deciding to play together.

Yea why do people act like the warriors bought and constructed a super team of free agent hired guns? The core was in place and gelled and had success, THEN they brought in Durant.

.... yep. they were fortunate regarding the timing of salaries and that their picks actually developed but they built a wonderful team (without intentionally tanking), had a supportive front office, and excellent coaching. very ballsy to bounce mark jackson to bring in kerr.

exactly - Durant should have built his own team to compete with - this crap is like Jordan, Magic, and Bird all deciding to play together.

Which one does Klay Thompson portray in your movie?

They had success for sure, but the Durant signing was the biggest pooooosay move of all time, and that turned them into a superteam.

you cannot blame the warriors for pursuing an excellent free agent who fits into their philosophy. we saw this with the yankees, red sox, red wings, avalanche.... where more than one mega stars were acquired.

also cannot blame durant for wanting to go to the best situation as a FA. but i get the criticism. would have been interesting to see harden, westbrook, and durant together longer but they could not work it out.

Here We Go Again. Harden and Paul are playing great shooting over 50%. Warriors aren't getting anything out of Durant or Klay. Warriors still winning.

Sorry Steph, I'd drill your mom in a heartbeat. :thumbsup:

Would you cuss while doing it?

Good sh!t Houston, didn't think they had it in them.

Great game. Houston definitely dodged some bullets

Great game. Houston definitely dodged some bullets

Agreed, Warriors simply missed shots down the stretch. It happens to the best of players, you can't make them all....all the time. :thumbsup:

Since this is the Geek Club though I can't simply let this go.

Your commentary "Houston dodged some bullets" is 100% true and correct. However IF that was LeBron missing shots in the 4th quarter, or it was LeBron passing up shots and deferring to a teammate in the 4th Quarter, or if that was LeBron who shot 38% from the field in a playoff game at home, how do you think the commentary would have been? What do you think the peanut gallery here and the talking heads on ESPN would have sounded like.

It would NOT have been....."The Celtics dodged a bullet" lets all move along. The commentary would have been much different.

Agreed, Warriors simply missed shots down the stretch. It happens to the best of players, you can't make them all....all the time. :thumbsup:

Your commentary "Houston dodged some bullets" is 100% true and correct. However IF that was LeBron missing shots in the 4th quarter, or it was LeBron passing up shots and deferring to a teammate in the 4th Quarter, or if that was LeBron who shot 38% from the field in a playoff game at home, how do you think the commentary would have been? What do you think the peanut gallery here and the talking heads on ESPN would have sounded like.

It would NOT have been....."The Celtics dodged a bullet" lets all move along. The commentary would have been much different.

perspective is everything...no one on the the Warriors is in the conversation for the greatest player of all time.

Would you cuss while doing it?

I'd prolly do whatever she wanted.

Home court advantage shouldnt be this big at this level. Its a 3-5 point advantage under normal circumstances.

Why do Cleveland and Boston suck so much on the road?

Home court advantage shouldnt be this big at this level. Its a 3-5 point advantage under normal circumstances.

Why do Cleveland and Boston suck so much on the road?

Not sure about Cleveland, but Boston has maturity issues. Their top 3 scorers are young and are not used to playoff stuff on the road. I think Lebron just cruises and knows when he needs to turn it on and off.

This is one of those games where the LeBron goat folks have to have blinders on.

He has these and there is no explanation other than he simply decided to take the night off.

If you respond by posting his numbers from tonight you are a classic don't get it guy.

Example of what I posted this morning. Post right above me.

LeBron has one bad game (bad being relatively speaking) and this is the commentary.

Yup, typical LeBron goat guy. It's not possible for it to ever be LeBron's fault.

Post above mine.

:rolleyes:

This is one of those games where the LeBron goat folks have to have blinders on.

He has these and there is no explanation other than he simply decided to take the night off.

If you respond by posting his numbers from tonight you are a classic don't get it guy.

??? What would you like him to do?

The rest of the stiffs that started with him went 8-28.

Please explain how him shooting a good percentage, leading the team in rebounds and assists..is him taking the night off?

??? What would you like him to do?

The rest of the stiffs that started with him went 8-28.

Please explain how him shooting a good percentage, leading the team in rebounds and assists..is him taking the night off?

Did you watch the game? Did you see him turn the ball over? Did you see the effort on defense?

Simple questions.

I'm not interested in changing minds, if you are a LeBron guy then good for you.

My point, He's not Jordan. He won't ever be Jordan. Jordan didn't understand the concept of taking nights off, it's really that simple.

Yup, typical LeBron goat guy. It's not possible for it to ever be LeBron's fault.

Post above mine.

:rolleyes:

He had an off game (relatively speaking).

Second time Ive said that.

I know its hard to believe, but he is human. Off games are few and far between. But it can happen,

Did you watch the game? Did you see him turn the ball over? Did you see the effort on defense?

Simple questions.

And? He had six turnovers. It's not like he's got some major history of being a turnover person.

And considering he was doing almost everything else for that team who gave him nothing I think it's a little petty.

Don't think you can go and look at one game and a couple bad stat lines and then question his greatness overall.

And I'm a huge Jordan honk. LBJ will always be chasing his ghost.

i could never bash a guy for an occasional off game. it happens.

i did not watch it. did he give less of himself than usual?

• Like 1

I'm not interested in changing minds, if you are a LeBron guy then good for you.

My point, He's not Jordan. He won't ever be Jordan. Jordan didn't understand the concept of taking nights off, it's really that simple.

1. Forget games, Jordan took two years off because he was burned out.

2. I know in Jordan lore he was 10 feet tall and shot fire out of his arse. But guess what? MJ had bad playoff games too. He was 3-18 in a game versus the Knicks in the 93 Playoffs. There were multiple other games like that. The Jordan Rules against the Pistons?

Even the Greats have off nights. Good grief.

Its well known that Jordan took those years off because he was going to get nabbed for gambling. The league saved face with its best player and let it cool off. Then he won more championships and didnt miss a beat.

• Like 1

Its well known that Jordan took those years off because he was going to get nabbed for gambling. The league saved face with its best player and let it cool off. Then he won more championships and didnt miss a beat.

Arent you the same guy that thinks Newton School shooting was a hoax? :unsure:

Im sensing a theme here. What size is your tin foil hat?

Honest to goodness, attempted to watch the game last night. Went in with open arms and really wanted to give it a shot

That's what the NBA is today :lol: What a joke.

Holy hell. Bigly sad

Where was the basketball? where was the passing? where were the set plays?

Honest to goodness, attempted to watch the game last night. Went in with open arms and really wanted to give it a shot

That's what the NBA is today :lol: What a joke.

Holy hell. Bigly sad

Where was the basketball? where was the passing? where were the set plays?

Just the fact that you think there are set plays every time down a court is pretty funny.

Just the fact that you think there are set plays every time down a court is pretty funny.

every time :lol:

where did I say that?

The NBA sucks. it's okay to admit it

every time :lol:

where did I say that?

The NBA sucks. it's okay to admit it

Unfortunately there's not any metrics to support that. Actually the contrary.

Haven't had buzzer beater games but in two series that have a good chance of going 14 games you're going to have some stinkers.

It's mind-boggling to me how these teams can be so sh1tty on the road. It's the same length of court, same height of the basket

It's mind-boggling to me how these teams can be so sh1tty on the road. It's the same length of court, same height of the basket

Thats what Im saying. Are the Monstars stealing the visiting teams talent in the locker room before every game?

Its crazy.

Not really any different than NFL. Winning on the road is just tough.

Home team in the NBA in the playoffs, wins 65% of the time.

Highest of any league

Not really any different than NFL. Winning on the road is just tough.

Any idea what Cleveland and Bostons reg season road records were or how they compare to other playoff teams? I couldnt find it quickly.

Im pretty sure most of last years NFL playoff teams were .500 or better on the road. The top 4-5 teams were all 6-2, or 7-1.

Home team in the NBA in the playoffs, wins 65% of the time.

Highest of any league

. Interesting.

From may 2017

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-home-playoff-game-is-a-big-advantage-unless-you-play-hockey/

HOME TEAMS IN REG. SEASON     HOME TEAMS IN PLAYOFFS     
LEAGUE     WIN PERCENT   BOOST*     WIN PERCENT     BOOST     PLAYOFF DIFF.
NFL       57.1%        +7.0        64.7%          +11.8       +4.8
NBA       59.9        +9.8         64.5           +13.9       +4.1
MLB       54.0        +4.0         54.2           +4.0        +0.0
NHL       55.1        +5.1         55.3           +4.8        -0.3

Not surprising, I misread it, but not by much