Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Baltimore looks damn good

The Browns would be winning but they missed a FG and had a defensive TD called back by a bad ref call. It should be 27-23 cleveland. Oh well.

Dorsey did a great job year 1 in Cleveland.

Mayfield nearly pulled it out. The way Pittsburgh played today anyway, they shouldn't be anywhere close to the playoffs.

Meh....got into playoffs on the final play of the game in the final game of the season, on a lucky defensive turnover, lets not get ahead of ourselves....

Chargers could beat any of the teams in the AFC. But not Baltimore.

Nah. but he can run fast. Can't throw a lick either.

He's a poor man's Josh Allen. :thumbsup:

Browns shoulda won that game...had a fumble TD whistled dead.

Like the announcer said...why such a hurry to call a td...if they let it play out...we score and who knows what happens

Like the announcer said...why such a hurry to call a td...if they let it play out...we score and who knows what happens

They also didn't challenge the spot when they were not awarded a first down.

should have lost at home to Cleveland with the playoffs on the line. :wacko:

yeah, they look awesome

Yeah. That was a huge break for the Ravens.

Ravens have a style to make for tough games. Ravens will struggle vs a tough front 7. Not sure the Chargers are that.

Baltimore continues to have a top defense. Pretty impressive. A couple down years I am sure but they have been a top 10 unit for basically 2 decades. Top 5 for many of those years.

Lamar is a flash in the pan. No way he is good enough or will stay healthy enough to lead them to a championship.

Tebow 2.0

I'm fairly certain that's the first time the words, "Baltimore looks darn good" have been uttered in all of human history. That place is such a sh1thole.

Lamar is a flash in the pan. No way he is good enough or will stay healthy enough to lead them to a championship.

Tebow 2.0

Maybe Robert Griffin is a better example.

The guy needs to be a little more threatening in the passing game and a little less visible in the running game, or three years from now they are out stalking another QB maybe in FA

Lot of people mentioning San Diego like they have a football team. I hope the Los Angeles chargers win it all, Rivers deserves a ring.

Lot of people mentioning San Diego like they have a football team. I hope the Los Angeles chargers win it all, Rivers deserves a ring.

I hope they are 1 and done. Same for the Chiefs. Eff both of them.

Tebow 2.0

This is what always happens. Fast QBs are good early. Then they get defended properly in year 2. Eventually they get hurt.

This is what always happens. Fast QBs are good early. Then they get defended properly in year 2. Eventually they get hurt.

Except for Vick

Except for Vick

Perhaps. He still was plenty hurt but just didnt have any career enders. He was effective for Philly for a couple years.

He is best case scenario.

I hope they are 1 and done. Same for the Chiefs. Eff both of them.

the Mahomes dynasty is just beginning. I feel sorry for fans of the donks, fade and dolts over the next 10 years :(

Hunter Henry expected to play this week

wow

Stephen A Smith broke the news on this one.

Vick could throw.

and throw very well

Lamar was drafted to throw the ball. They thought they could convert him. Like the Broncos thought they could teach Tebow

NJ kid. Flacco to the Giants?

I kid

one lucky throw and a great defense and the dude made 100+ million.

not sure what Baltimore was thinking

one lucky throw and a great defense and the dude made 100+ million.

not sure what Baltimore was thinking

Agreed. Hes done

Once someone figures out the obvious, he's done. He's Vince Young, Tim Tebow and Mike Vick and he's probably the worst at throwing the ball. No idea why DC's forget how to stop hacks like this. You man to man and jam the receivers and then everyone else stops the run. Fill the gaps and don't over pursue. End of Lamar Jackson. It will probably take a game vs Belicheck for everyone else to say 'oh yeah, that's how teams stopped Tebow and Young and Vick.'

In order for BALT to compete, they have to concentrate solely on building a D in order to keep it close. This guy can't hang with high powered offenses. once the D goes away, he goes away...like Tebow and Vince Young.

Vick was a bad passer during his time in ATL. He had a QBR above 80 only once and his highest completion percentage was 56%. 71 TDS and 52 INTs. He was mostly worthless as a passer until he was in Philly.

Lamar has a very similar skill set. I think he can be successful but it may take years of patience and Baltimore will have to protect him with a strong running game and good D.

Once someone figures out the obvious, he's done. He's Vince Young, Tim Tebow and Mike Vick and he's probably the worst at throwing the ball. No idea why DC's forget how to stop hacks like this. You man to man and jam the receivers and then everyone else stops the run. Fill the gaps and don't over pursue. End of Lamar Jackson. It will probably take a game vs Belicheck for everyone else to say 'oh yeah, that's how teams stopped Tebow and Young and Vick.'

In order for BALT to compete, they have to concentrate solely on building a D in order to keep it close. This guy can't hang with high powered offenses. once the D goes away, he goes away...like Tebow and Vince Young.

Lamar Jackson and the Ravens hung with the Chiefs just a few short weeks ago. 24-27

Let's see what happens in the playoffs, I would tend to agree that at some point coaches start taking away the things they can do with him and force them to do the things they are avoiding.

Long term, if he keeps playing the current style I cannot see them getting anything more than 3 years out of him, at most. The guy needs to keep working hard on his ability to execute the passing game, that is the only way he has any ability to stay.