Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

I'm going to step down as commish

And from FF overall. This is my last season.

My heart's not in it anymore, I'm neglecting the league and my team. I've not changed the masthead for a couple of weeks. This week I failed to submit a waiver claim even though two starting QB jobs opened and I desperately need a #2 QB. I'm always on top of everything and now I'm not. I've never experienced this lack of enthusiasm before.

It's this kneeling thing that has me completely disgusted and watching the owners roll over at the meeting this past week indicates conclusively that players wiping their asses on the flag is the approved of bravery, patriotism is out, it'll never go away. Well they can do that without me. I'm finding no joy in football anymore. It's gotten to a point where it's a struggle to pay attention to the NFL at all, I'm really just not in the mood for this.

Still, I'll keep running my team, hopefully better than I have the last couple of weeks. I learned how hard it was to find replacement owners this offseason, let alone midseason and I don't want to leave the league in a tough spot.

I've asked Iam90sbaby to take over, he already has the commish password and, as you know, has been footing the bill for the league site at MFL as well.

I just went and told my other dynasty league the same thing. I'll play out the year in 12 Geeks as well, but I'm a deflated balloon just going through the motions at this point.

Just going to go ahead and put this out there.

This will be my last year as well for this league, most likely every league.

I will still plug in a staring line up and manage the team the rest of this year, not leaving you hanging here right now. I know last week I did not start a defense. I was not going to drop what I had for a one week fill in, would rather take the zero there. No way a defense gets enough to matter usually anyway to risk losing a decent bench player. :D

I will not make any moves and just manage with what I have, will not trade any picks away or do anything nuts. If someone wants to take it over now, not a problem. If not, I know that is very unlikely, I will run out the season, no problem.

I am out after this year. Thanks Volty and everyone involved in this over the years, I had a lot of fun. Stay gold!!!

Im kind of in the same place you guys are, but I have one more season left in me. Havent watched an NFL game yet this year.

Fantasy baseball anyone? Lets start a league.

Glad to see it just wasn't me... As you get older, there are a lot more important things then fantasy sports... I tell you, I don't miss it at all...

• Like 1

Glad to see it just wasn't me... As you get older, there are a lot more important things then fantasy sports... I tell you, I don't miss it at all...

I've been playing since '97 or '98 whichever one was Fred Taylor and Randy Moss' rookie year. Twenty years and up until week three, I never for a second doubted that I would be playing FF for another 40 years, more or less, until either my wits leave me or I'm in ground.

I don't buy that at all considering you never actually leave the leagues you "leave"

I stepped down as commish of one league this year but stayed as an owner. I left another league but replaced it with a startup dynasty.

I definitely play in too many leagues and will need to cut some to keep from being burnt out. As is natural, some leagues get more attention than others. Money leagues, longer existing "home leagues".

I've been playing and running leagues since 6th grade... still have the same "passion" for my local home leagues.

Sounds like this is going to fold after this season which may be a good thing for me. Was fun but free and will be one less to keep an eye on.

I don't buy that at all considering you never actually leave the leagues you "leave"

I still am interested on how they are progressing, I just happier that I am not playing any more...

I stepped down as commish of one league this year but stayed as an owner. I left another league but replaced it with a startup dynasty.

I definitely play in too many leagues and will need to cut some to keep from being burnt out. As is natural, some leagues get more attention than others. Money leagues, longer existing "home leagues".

I've been playing and running leagues since 6th grade... still have the same "passion" for my local home leagues.

Sounds like this is going to fold after this season which may be a good thing for me. Was fun but free and will be one less to keep an eye on.

No it isnt folding. Going to be some changes though we need to make it exciting again for sure.

for the record I'm not stating that I am leaving, just that if there is a mass exodus and we need to replace half the league, I will probably also step down. Replacing that many owners at once in a dynasty league is a huge headache

I probably need to reduce my fantasy football leagues. I still love fantasy football, but with 2 kids I do not have as much time to manage leagues. I jokingly blame my wife, but it is the truth. Since I met her my redraft teams have done awful.

I was hoping to drop a redraft league or three and keep my dynasty leagues, but oh well. The shallow redraft leagues are what are a burden during the season.

This is the shallowest of dynasty leagues that I am in and it is a pain to watch the ww.

if youre still putting up mastheads give me Happy Gilmore for $1000

(ive probably used it in the past :thumbsup: )

Sorry to hear about it, Voltaire. I hope the league doesn't fold, as I was hoping this would be a fun, competitive league to do on the side. Let's keep it going!

• Like 1

I've been submitting lineups, you won't see me play a guy on bye. Today I noticed that I have a guy that's been IR eligible for three weeks (Eifert) and made a corresponding pickup move. I also weighed picking up Drew Stanton but figure Sam Bradford should be back by the time (week 11) Cam Newton's bye comes around.

It's good to see that Josh Doctson may not be a bust after all.

if youre still putting up mastheads give me Happy Gilmore for $1000

(ive probably used it in the past :thumbsup: )

I got tired of seeing The Mask there too. Was hoping 90sbaby would change it.

I got tired of seeing The Mask there too. Was hoping 90sbaby would change it.

I'm back. I will get things taken care of. Sent you a PM.

I got tired of seeing Happy Gilmore so I changed the masthead one last time. I'd hoped that James would start doing that stuff but he never did.

The way my mindset is now, things never got better with the kneeling and it's just been bitterly disappointing. The NFL provides a platform for players to disrespect and mock the flag each week and doesn't care. I just want to unplug the NFL from my life and tune it out. They made their decision and I can't stomach it. I'm done.

No offense to you guys, it's not your fault. I stuck the year out out of respect for you all, not them.

You can find a replacement for Maltese Falcons starting next week. I have a lineup plugged in for week 13.Being eliminated, I made some cuts.

I've got some IR activating yet to do, I'll wait until after next week when I can cut my kicker, and some pickups in the system, and will get the team ready for 2018 for whoever you find to replace me.

I'll still follow news and developments until I'm eliminated from the playoffs in 12 Geeks at which point my NFL boycott starts.

If somebody wants to take over my other dynasty league team, let me know. It's another free MFL league like this one, http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=26717&O=07 2018 Team : Walking Utleys. Free Agency likely busts up Freeman and Coleman which should be great for FF purposes for both of them. Unlike here, the five IR players carry over into the offseason.

It's basic scoring and waivers there are done for the season. I founded the league in 1998 while at theHuddle, I don't rightly know if anybody at FFT plays in it. In twenty years of playing FF, my Walking Utleys team there is the only team in any league I've been in that I've ever seen go 16-0.

I got tired of seeing Happy Gilmore so I changed the masthead one last time. I'd hoped that James would start doing that stuff but he never did.

The way my mindset is now, things never got better with the kneeling and it's just been bitterly disappointing. The NFL provides a platform for players to disrespect and mock the flag each week and doesn't care. I just want to unplug the NFL from my life and tune it out. They made their decision and I can't stomach it. I'm done.

No offense to you guys, it's not your fault. I stuck the year out out of respect for you all, not them.

You can find a replacement for Maltese Falcons starting next week. I have a lineup plugged in for week 13.Being eliminated, I made some cuts.

I've got some IR activating yet to do, I'll wait until after next week when I can cut my kicker, and some pickups in the system, and will get the team ready for 2018 for whoever you find to replace me.

I'll still follow news and developments until I'm eliminated from the playoffs in 12 Geeks at which point my NFL boycott starts.

If somebody wants to take over my other dynasty league team, let me know. It's another free MFL league like this one, http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=26717&O=07 2018 Team : Walking Utleys. Free Agency likely busts up Freeman and Coleman which should be great for FF purposes for both of them. Unlike here, the five IR players carry over into the offseason.

It's basic scoring and waivers there are done for the season. I founded the league in 1998 while at theHuddle, I don't rightly know if anybody at FFT plays in it. In twenty years of playing FF, my Walking Utleys team there is the only team in any league I've been in that I've ever seen go 16-0.

I have your MFL account linked to my MFL app now. The list of teams it linked are Walking Utleys, Maltese Falcons and Voltaire in 12 Geeks 1 Cup. I didn't see you mention the 12G1C league, what are you wanting me to do with that? But anyways your team is added to my app that I check daily so no need to worry there.

I am still coordinating with WhiteWonder on what to do and what are the next steps.

12geeks was just a draft for a yahoo league

The original plan put forth for 12Geeks in year one was "OK. We'll start on Monday, let's make our picks in the new FFtoday forum Mike gave us."

This was ~8-10 years ago, by then I'd already been quite familiar with MFL since i'd been using it for a dozen years. As you can imagine, I was : :shocking: :o :blink: :wacko: :nono:

"Ah, no no no no no. That's just not how it's done. Here let me take two minutes to go set up a draft site at MFL. It's got great slow draft features (online as well) it's free and it's a million times easier. Then we can upload the draft to yahoo." I was quite adamant, a few others in the know had my back, and eventually everyone saw the wisdom to my suggestion. And so we've done it that way every year since.

Anyway, that 12Geeks team is at yahoo, 12 Geeks is a re-draft each year not dynasty. I'll keep managing it until my playoff run ends then open up a spot for somebody else in 2018. The only two teams to worry about are Maltese Falcons here and Walking Utleys at that link.

Volty. Hope you are pulling a "Shotsup" and not really quitting

You are a solid commish

Shut up. No one asked you

:ninja: