Sign in to follow this  
mark32esu

Evan Engram

Kid drops more passes than he catches, didnt see a look after his 4th drop tonite. Is he done as top TE?i cant see Eli throwing to him consistently knowing hes a drop machine.

I'm not ready to write him off just yet but yeah, I agree. I've only watched the Giants past 2 games and noticed that he does drop quite a few. He did get one late 4th qtr pass but it was only for a whopping 3 yards or something. I just picked up Olsen a few weeks ago and Engram is definitely making it easier for me to start using him.

Rookie te anybody.

Both games didn't have WR Shepard in. There is literally nobody else for the secondary to even look at outside of the TE. If Shepard is out next week keep Engram on the bench. If Shepard plays then Engram plays IMO.

Both games didn't have WR Shepard in. There is literally nobody else for the secondary to even look at outside of the TE. If Shepard is out next week keep Engram on the bench. If Shepard plays then Engram plays IMO.

Its not that he is getting smothered by defenses, the problem is he is flat out dropping easy catches. He has at least 7 dropped passes over the last two weeks.

Its not that he is getting smothered by defenses, the problem is he is flat out dropping easy catches. He has at least 7 dropped passes over the last two weeks.

I know...I watched the game as well (unfortunate Gman fan). Kids putting to much pressure on himself since he knows there is absolutely NOONE else. I don't find it a coincidence that two of his lowest points were in games where Shepard was out. Shepards far from an All Pro. But he at least gets respect from opposing defenses. If you want to bench him here on out feel free. Lord knows I will with Shepard out (luckily I also have Doyle) but if Shepard plays then I will be starting Engram (all things being equal).

This is around the time that Rookies hit the proverbial wall as they are playing longer than they are used to. In Engram's case he also has likely played in few if any colder weather games. High school in Georgia, college at Ole Miss. These factors def have the arrow pointed down for his future fantasy prospects this year, but when Shep is back, and the Giants go down big to superior teams he will still have some decent games.

Maybe his personal coach is amari cooper.