Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft Commentary

This is my worst draft ever.

It was derailed when Ski picked TRich at 2.1 -- I picked Brady solely becasue I thought he would of taken Brady at 2.1 -- had I known I take Trich at 1.11 and if Brady is gone I wait on a QB. After that I started VBD - and all the value when it was my pick was at WR so I piled up 5 pretty good ones - But have nothing at RB though I have high hopes for Ingram - Helu if he is the man is a top 10 PPR fantasy RB but with Shanny who knows 1 day Royster , 1 day , Hightower ........ Helu did do the best overall out of them all last year so I am hoping his TC is enough at least get him first crack.

My plan was to go Brady - TRich , then WR WR Green , Nelson then RB/WR Helu , Vjax -- when I missed on TRich I was in shock and just went pure VBD after which as said earlier after a while can really bite you

Brady

Helu/Ingram ( if Helu starts he gets nod )

AJ

AJ Green

Jordy

VJax

SRice/Ingram

M. Bennett -- I thik he is much better than people think -- Giants love to throw to the TE and he is a great pass catching TE - but he has to get past Ballard in TC. I think he could be a top 6-7 TE

This is my worst draft ever.

It was derailed when Ski picked TRich at 2.1 -- I picked Brady solely becasue I thought he would of taken Brady at 2.1 -- had I known I take Trich at 1.11 and if Brady is gone I wait on a QB. After that I started VBD - and all the value when it was my pick was at WR so I piled up 5 pretty good ones - But have nothing at RB though I have high hopes for Ingram - Helu if he is the man is a top 10 PPR fantasy RB but with Shanny who knows 1 day Royster , 1 day , Hightower ........ Helu did do the best overall out of them all last year so I am hoping his TC is enough at least get him first crack.

My plan was to go Brady - TRich , then WR WR Green , Nelson then RB/WR Helu , Vjax -- when I missed on TRich I was in shock and just went pure VBD after which as said earlier after a while can really bite you

Brady

Helu/Ingram ( if Helu starts he gets nod )

AJ

AJ Green

Jordy

VJax

SRice/Ingram

M. Bennett -- I thik he is much better than people think -- Giants love to throw to the TE and he is a great pass catching TE - but he has to get past Ballard in TC. I think he could be a top 6-7 TE

I think ballard will miss all of 2012

I really like my draft :thumbsup:

Letting go of Megatron as my keeping was risky, but it worked out in my favor IMHO. I hate that he is on the Madden cover and as a Jags fan I loved getting MJD.

QBs

Eli- He is as steady as you will get, has some great weapons and with the loss of Jacobs there will be more opportunites for screens/dumps to Bradshaw.

Flaco- Will serve just fine as a matchup/bye week starter

RBs-

MJD- Love having him for personal reasons as a Jag fan and love his pruduction as a rusher. With the improved WRs (I hope) he should see less 8/9 man fronts and should be able to find the endzone more this year. I do expect him to lose at least 20% of his carries this year to Jennings but I feel his increase in rec and TDs will cover that.

Doug Martin- Tampa is a perfect fit for this kid and it shouldn't be long before he is the TB everydown back. He has great hands and this should keep him on the field for 3rd downs.

CJ Spiller- I'm very high on Spiller this year. He put up 20+ points 5 out of the last 6 Bills games and Buffalo has already stated that they will get him his touches this year even with a health FJ

J-Starks- Will serve has a vialbe bye week started and could prove to be worth more with Grant gone.

K Moreno- A shot in the dark but a hunch non the less. I feel that the style of offense Den will have with Manning at the helm is much more Moreno's style and there is no question that he is the better recieving RB in Den.

T Hightower- Again will serve as a viable bye starter and depending on what Helu shows he could be worth much more.

WRs

Welker- Under contract for a year means he still has to work to get paid in the future. Steady as they go leading the league in recpetions several times over the past few years and receptions are gold in this league scoring.

R White- With a year under J Jones' belt things shoud get easier for White, still the #1 in a very good ATL offense.

L Robinson- Homer pick, I'll hold my breath the he turns out to be a a decent #3WR

Amendola- Another WR whos team targets him often and gets reception numbers every game, if Robinson does not work out then I will use him.

Little- Just a hunch

TEs

V Davis- I expect him to contiune in 2012 where he left off in the 2011 playoffs and be a top 5 TE this year.

what sucks is I have no real trading power either unless I want trade Brady as he is the only person I could get a solid RB and a good QB in return with an I don't even think I do that as Brady can win games for me on his own and consistently - can't say that about RB's. Am I going to trade AJ with 100-1500-8/10 stats if healthy for a RB2 which all I could prolly get for him or Trade Green which has Fitz year 2 potential - Green IMO has the same style and game as Fitz did at that age - and plays through injury -- for a RB3 -- no thanks.

for once I might just roll the dice - maybe I can get a RB of waivers at some point who knows. Bad Draft slot - I can't really say now it was a terrible draft as I totally VBD ed -- just had a terrible slot to draft from -- I love the middle -- wish I had Delay's slot other than Mathews I would have taken a much different route but he had a really slot

what sucks is I have no real trading power either unless I want trade Brady as he is the only person I could get a solid RB and a good QB in return with an I don't even think I do that as Brady can win games for me on his own and consistently - can't say that about RB's. Am I going to trade AJ with 100-1500-8/10 stats if healthy for a RB2 which all I could prolly get for him or Trade Green which has Fitz year 2 potential - Green IMO has the same style and game as Fitz did at that age - and plays through injury -- for a RB3 -- no thanks.

for once I might just roll the dice - maybe I can get a RB of waivers at some point who knows. Bad Draft slot - I can't really say now it was a terrible draft as I totally VBD ed -- just had a terrible slot to draft from -- I love the middle -- wish I had Delay's slot other than Mathews I would have taken a much different route but he had a really slot

Green doesn't have Warner throwing to him...

I really like my draft :thumbsup:

Letting go of Megatron as my keeping was risky, but it worked out in my favor IMHO. I hate that he is on the Madden cover and as a Jags fan I loved getting MJD.

QBs

Eli- He is as steady as you will get, has some great weapons and with the loss of Jacobs there will be more opportunites for screens/dumps to Bradshaw.

Flaco- Will serve just fine as a matchup/bye week starter

RBs-

MJD- Love having him for personal reasons as a Jag fan and love his pruduction as a rusher. With the improved WRs (I hope) he should see less 8/9 man fronts and should be able to find the endzone more this year. I do expect him to lose at least 20% of his carries this year to Jennings but I feel his increase in rec and TDs will cover that.

Doug Martin- Tampa is a perfect fit for this kid and it shouldn't be long before he is the TB everydown back. He has great hands and this should keep him on the field for 3rd downs.

CJ Spiller- I'm very high on Spiller this year. He put up 20+ points 5 out of the last 6 Bills games and Buffalo has already stated that they will get him his touches this year even with a health FJ

J-Starks- Will serve has a vialbe bye week started and could prove to be worth more with Grant gone.

K Moreno- A shot in the dark but a hunch non the less. I feel that the style of offense Den will have with Manning at the helm is much more Moreno's style and there is no question that he is the better recieving RB in Den.

T Hightower- Again will serve as a viable bye starter and depending on what Helu shows he could be worth much more.

WRs

Welker- Under contract for a year means he still has to work to get paid in the future. Steady as they go leading the league in recpetions several times over the past few years and receptions are gold in this league scoring.

R White- With a year under J Jones' belt things shoud get easier for White, still the #1 in a very good ATL offense.

L Robinson- Homer pick, I'll hold my breath the he turns out to be a a decent #3WR

Amendola- Another WR whos team targets him often and gets reception numbers every game, if Robinson does not work out then I will use him.

Little- Just a hunch

TEs

V Davis- I expect him to contiune in 2012 where he left off in the 2011 playoffs and be a top 5 TE this year.

I like your draft ok. MJD will still see plenty of 8 man fronts as long as Gabbert is under center though. I don't think adding Blackmon and Robinson will change anything as far as how defenses plan on stopping Jax. I was bummed out you took DMartin, I wanted him on my team

I think I'm really going to enjoy this league. It seems to be a great mix of serious dg competition and goofy trash talk.

Thanks again for letting me join

I think I'm really going to enjoy this league. It seems to be a great mix of serious dg competition and goofy trash talk.

You suck... :banana:

dude, u have givn every indication of being a quality addition too, WW.

you'll continue to fit right in.

glad ur enjoying it as much as we do.

I liked the end of round 1 draft slot :unsure:

I hope I get a better review from Dehaven than I did from joc

as soon as chad provides the draft results in his ez to use format, ill do write ups on each team. ill do rankings, reaches, best/worst picks...

fun stuff.

i have a long wkend, so plenty of time.

Hey Moz, why don't you unpin some stuff now. The draft is over and we can start filtering out some of the topics. :cheers: