• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 The Football Guru

The Football Guru

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:16 AM

Last post about trades during our experts' draft: I was involved in the five of the 10 (mentioned above), but here are the others that happened after the ridiculous Brady trade:

1) Chris Hogan and Adam Thielen for C.J. Prosise

2) Carlos Hyde and DeMarco Murray for Devonta Freeman

3) Will Fuller for 3.09

4) 4.07 for 2018 fourth-rounder

#122 Ray_T

Ray_T

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,576 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:38 PM

Was offered this:

He gives: Palmer and pick 3.02
For
I give: Dalton and pick 4.05

My other qbs are Matty Ice and Dak. Mainly want to get the 3.02 pick. I have no interest in Palmer since he has maybe 1 year left. Could even drop him after the trade to free up some space. I tried countering to get a 2018 pick but he won't budge. I have no 3rd rd pick (traded it away last season) and have an extra 4th rd pick.

Is Dalton worth more than this? Is this a decent trade?

Well, it's a dynasty league.

in a redraft the two players are worth roughly the same, but Dalton is younger and has a longer career ahead of him, so I'd prefer to keep Dalton.

I also think that with the players they have drafted, that offense is pointing up.  it may take a year, and they probably will need to draft someone for the O line next off season, but I think I'd prefer to hang onto Dalton.

That being said, I do think Dalton is one of the more underrated QB's out there. (just my opinion)

3 keeper, 12 team league Standard scoring with QB getting -1 pt for an interception & fumbles 5 points for a defensive safety & 6 points for a defensive TD.

Start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, one Def/Sp Tms

Also expert Fly Fisherman and story teller.

#123 Ray_T

Ray_T

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,576 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

I like the opportunity (obviously), but I like the talent more than most. That is exactly where I had him valued on my predraft list (1.11, that is) and believe he should be a first-round pick in rookie drafts on talent alone. Take a look at where I have him on my dynasty rankings if you think I'm kidding. That is as much based on talent as it is opportunity.

All I had to do was trade a soon-to-be 29-year-old RB on a bad offense to make it happen and I have the depth (or should have the depth) to wait for it to play out.

I dont mind the pick of Mack at 11.  it may be one or two slots early, but if you dont pick until the middle of round 2 (or later) you wont get him.   If you pick in the top 2 in round 2, I might have tried to wait.  but that also depends on who is left.

either way, if you pick a guy 3-4 slots earlier than you should, you havnt done that badly.   And if you get your man, why wouldnt you? 

No point messing around, cuz thats how your man ends up on someone elses team.

3 keeper, 12 team league Standard scoring with QB getting -1 pt for an interception & fumbles 5 points for a defensive safety & 6 points for a defensive TD.

#124 Ray_T

Ray_T

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,576 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:48 PM

Uh-huh. He's hurting at RB and drafted McNichols earlier, so I think he's angling for a post-Doug Martin backfield in Tampa. Still, he offered it and I was happy to accept.

No kidding.  If I was in your shoes and he offered me a 3rd for Jacquizz, I'd have probably taken that one too.

if he offers you a 2nd, why wouldnt you take it? 

#125 ralphster

ralphster

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

traded martavis bryant for jj nelson, 18 first & 18 second. they will be late picks (1.10 or higher) in each round.
“When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something” ~ D. Butkus