Sign in to follow this  
jets24

My boy has made his college choice...

NYU- Tisch School of the Arts- Dramatic Writing

Very, very exciting. A real accomplishment for him. The kid is such a gifted writer, it's unbelievable. He wrote a one act play that the high school performed last year. He was in the plays as well but he is a much better writer than an actor. We went to the "accepted students" day last weekend. Holy crap. What a great part of the city. It's downtown in the Greenwich Village area, Washington Square Park. An amazing day.

By the way, the expense of this school is insane. With room and board, over $60K per year. Luckily, they gave him over $30K in merit scholarships, so I'm looking at just over $30K in loans per year. It should prove to be the time of his life and I love that he is less than an hour from home. (NJ) The list of alumni that went there is insane. John and Joan Cusack, Scorcese, Alec Baldwin, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Oliver Stone, etc. etc. etc.

Anyhow, I know rats arse but I'm happy and very proud! :banana:

:thumbsup:

That's a who's who of liberal dooshebags, but knowing you, your son won't be the same.

Congrats him and you :cheers:

That's a who's who of liberal dooshebags, but knowing you, your son won't be the same.

Congrats him and you :cheers:

:lol: I didn't even think about that. They really are a bunch of liberal dooshes. He knows better, trust me. Unfortunately, Hollywood is filled with them. However, they have dozens of Pulitzer Prize winners, Nobel prize winners and the like that have come from there as well. Thanks for the kudos.

Does anyone else see the irony in this thread? :shocking:

The fact that you have turned into the suck at returning messages? :dunno:

Does anyone else see the irony in this thread? :shocking:

On behalf of everybody else....no. Please share.

On behalf of everybody else....no. Please share.

I just read a thread on here with a whole bunch of people ragging on getting a degree in creative writing then I immediately opened this one. It was one of those weird bored moments for me.

Anyway. That's great for your son. He's going to have a great college experience. :cheers:

I just read a thread on here with a whole bunch of people ragging on getting a degree in creative writing then I immediately opened this one. It was one of those weird bored moments for me.

Anyway. That's great for your son. He's going to have a great college experience. :cheers:

Ahh....gotcha. Thanks.

:lol: I did the same thing. After reading the OP, I was sure this thread was laced with jokes pertaining to the other thread.

Good for your son Jets. GREAT NEWS!!! You should be(And I can tell you are) very proud. Has to be cool as fock, especially since he will only be an hour away.

As far as the school turning him into a liberal D-bag, I am sure you wont let that happen.

However, just keep in mind what happened to Me2006 after he went to collage. Dude went from conservative to raging liberal in just a couple of years. :overhead:

BWAHAHAHAHAH!

GL with that.

P.S. Is he the ghey?

Looks like someone finally came out of the closet, isn't that what you majored in.

The list of alumni that went there is insane. John and Joan Cusack, Scorcese, Alec Baldwin, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Oliver Stone, etc. etc. etc.

You forgot one.

:wave:

Looks like someone finally came out of the closet, isn't that what you majored in.

In undergrad I majored in Graphic Design at Arizona. In grad school I majored in Digital Imaging and Design (with a focus on editing) at NYU.

In undergrad a majored in Graphic Design at Arizona. In grad school I majored in Digital Imaging and Design (with a focus on editing) at NYU.

My bad. Sh1t, I thought you had degrees in everything but poker.

My bad. Sh1t, I thought you had degrees in everything but poker.

I also have an Associates in General Studies from a community college, so ... that covers a lot of bases.

However, just keep in mind what happened to Me2006 after he went to collage.

Are you still a Roads Schooler? :unsure:

In undergrad a majored in Graphic Design at Arizona. In grad school I majored in Digital Imaging and Design (with a focus on editing) at NYU.

Where did you learn to write reviews of frozen dinners?

Where did you learn to write reviews of frozen dinners?

SSI

Societal Sponge Institute

No, I went there.

My brother went to U of Arizona Law School. Worked hard, started his own firm, got ripped off by his partners, was in massive debt, about to lose his house and 4 years ago, to the day, put a Smith and Wesson to his forehead and pulled the trigger.

No, I went there.

My brother went to U of Arizona Law School. Worked hard, started his own firm, got ripped off by his partners, was in massive debt, about to lose his house and 4 years ago, to the day, put a Smith and Wesson to his forehead and pulled the trigger.

Probably a good thing jets' kid didn't go to U of A, huh?

Probably a good thing jets' kid didn't go to U of A, huh?

I wouldn't recommend going to any Law School.

As a matter of fact, if I was accepted to Tisch, and was 18 years old today, I'd go for one semester, work my ass off for straight As, and drop out and just work.

Wait and see what's gonna happen with the economy for a couple years, and then decide if it made financial sense to continue.

I wouldn't recommend going to any Law School.

As a matter of fact, if I was accepted to Tisch, and was 18 years old today, I'd go for one semester, work my ass off for straight As, and drop out and just work.

Wait and see what's gonna happen with the economy for a couple years, and then decide if it made financial sense to continue.

Truth. The average college kid is carrying 25K in college loan debt. College debt has now passed credit card debt. Probably a smart move to just enter the working world and wait on college.

Truth. The average college kid is carrying 25K in college loan debt. College debt has now passed credit card debt. Probably a smart move to just enter the working world and wait on college.

And what do you think the chances are that jets' kid does that?

Zero. He's a kid with a dream.

$25K isn't bad. That's at what, 3.5% interest or so with these government loans? As compared to 15-20% for the credit card debt. If college really only costed $25K in debt then it would probably be a good deal. But most of the people I know who went to college have a fair amount more than that--especially if they went to a private school and ESPECIALLY if they went to grad school/medical school/law school etc.

$25K isn't bad. That's at what, 3.5% interest or so with these government loans? As compared to 15-20% for the credit card debt. If college really only costed $25K in debt then it would probably be a good deal. But most of the people I know who went to college have a fair amount more than that--especially if they went to a private school and ESPECIALLY if they went to grad school/medical school/law school etc.

Also, thanks to GWB .... even PRIVATE student loans are not dischargeable via BK anymore. Only through disability or death. You might be better off paying for it with credit cards.

Thread rooned by gfiafp :rolleyes:

Congrats Jetsiesnumbers :doublethumbsup:

Thread rooned by gfiafp :rolleyes:

Congrats Jetsiesnumbers :doublethumbsup:

I hate Jets more than anybody here, based on the shiat he said about my dead brother when he was off his meds. But student debt, and the cost of higher education is something I think everyone needs to know about.

Rooned?

FACK YOU!